Heinz Interview Questions

Updated Sep 29, 2014
Updated Sep 29, 2014

3.1

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Heinz.

I had a call to make an appointment for phone screening interview after 2 days of my application. The recruiter asked basic questions on strengths, weakness, why Heinz and why you. The he also asked some administrative questions such as working permit, languages, etc.

The next day, I received the email saying that qualified candidates were chosen and not including me.

That 's my story.

Operations Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Heinz.

The assessment day was well-organised from company introduction, factory visit, presentation to final review of the candidates. We had a chance to meet the Europe President and other leaders of Heinz and talked to them face-to-face. It was fruitful and memorable.

Interview Questions
    • We were divided into groups and were given a case study. We were asked to discuss and came up with a solution to the case.   Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Heinz in September 2014.

I applied for the European Corporate Management Traineeship, but they asked me if I was interested in a Marketing Position. I said I was interested but it was very unclear if it was a job or an internship.
    I had a phone interview with the Marketing Manager. It was a pleasant conversation but the questions were extremely outdated, and just read from a script. Some questions are pretty vague as well. You have to make sure to answer the questions according to the STAR method and be very specific.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Heinz.

the interview was more focused on potential and aspirations and not so much on past achievements. very different than other companies that hire only experienced professionals. good for college graduates who,don't have experience yet.

Interview Questions
    • questions were easy and very standard as if right from college book on what ideal candidate would be. Made me wonder if any people would really chose the obviously incorrect answer in the screening process - I at least chose the ones that would make me look like a great employee willing to work non - stop to get the job done.   Answer Question

Forecasting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Heinz in July 2014.

4 round interview for Forecasting analyst based in Toronto;
    initial 45min telephone interview with HR,
    then face to face with direct manager,
     third with HR director,
    last one skype interview with director in USA

I stopped at telephone interview with HR. I wrote email and called several times to follow up. But there is no reply whatsoever.It is not very professional for a fortune 500 company.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy interview. Go through CV, education, work experiences, career choice. A few technical questions about what kind of software I used. It took 45 min.   View Answer

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Zeist (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeist (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Heinz in July 2014.

A recruiter from Heinz approached me via a website for students and young professionals. We planned a first interview with the team leader. The recruiter was also present during that interview. The interview lasted for about an hour and was mostly about my background, the company and the role. The interviewers have a clear view on what skills they expect from the candidate, and ask questions accordingly. Within a week the recruiter got in touch with me to plan a second interview, this time with the Global manager. This interview was planned to check whether I would be a suitable candidate for a permanent role after the internship (this was the overall goal for both parties). This interview also lasted for nearly an hour and was a good conversation about the role, the department and the company culture. About 1.5 weeks after this interview, I received a call from the recruiter that I got the position.

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Heinz.

Recruiter contacted me for marketing (brand management/other) opportunities at Heinz. I had an initial phone screen (30mins) + 1st onsite interview with HR Manager and someone from Marketing Dept (30mins each) + 2nd and final onsite interview with 3 Executives (45mins each). Overall the interview was well planned, Heinz employees were very professional and approachable and the interview was easy.They are looking for a culture fit, which is someone with ownership/entrepreneur attitude and skill sets. This goes with providing confidence in the interview that you will treat your brand as your own business and is ready to go over and beyond, work 60+ hrs per/week if needed to get the job done. It definitely seemed like they have an in and out policy. If you do well you are in for higher responsibilities - or you are shown the exit door. They were courteous enough to call me on my candidacy rejection. Irregardless of the negative reviews on glassdoor - after going through the interview process I have a positive outlook about Heinz and its employees. Hope this helps and Good Luck!

Interview Questions
    • 1) Name other brands in the company besides Heinz ketchup? 2) Please describe a current product/brand marketing commercial besides Heinz that you like? What aspects of the campaign do you think worked well / did not work well? 3) Give me an example when you went over and above to complete a task.   View Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter. Then I came in for an interview with people from the HR team. They asked behavioral questions and followed interview guides. The interview was competency-based.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had conflicting priorities. How did you know what to do?   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ontario, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Heinz in May 2014.

Had a great phone interview with recruiter. Made me feel like I had the job. He set up an interview with the Human Resources Director a week later. Recruiter even told me, "No need to sell yourself". Interview went well and I tried to follow up several times but never heard anything.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Mostly behavioral type questions. The standard, "describe a time when..." questions.   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Warrendale, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrendale, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Heinz in May 2014.

I was contacted by a recruiter, and they quickly set up an interview for me with Heinz. At Heinz, I interviewed with a woman from HR and then a director in the department where they were hiring for the position. I spoke to each of them for about 30 minutes. They were both very nice to me. My only complaint is that I was rushed out of the conference room when someone needed to use it. I guess they removed all of their offices and replaced them with long computer tables so everyone can work together. I was interviewing in one of the few private rooms, so I needed to go. This happened when it was my turn to ask them any questions that I had. However, it felt awkward to walk and ask questions at the same time, so I decided to only ask a couple of questions. I am assuming I did not get the position, although I never actually received a rejection letter.

On a side note, they did not tell me what pay to expect or what exactly the job would entail. I pretty much had to rely on the recruiters to tell me everything, but it seemed Heinz was vague with them as well. I ended up finding a really old job posting on Indeed from Heinz that finally gave me some concrete details about the person they wanted to hire. Without that, I would have been very unprepared.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you questions listed from the paper that they have in front of them. They are pretty basic behavioral interview questions, but they did seem to emphasize questions that deal with their new culture. (For example, "How has meritocracy benefited you in your life so far?" or "Tell me about a time where you've shown leadership.")   Answer Question

Worked for Heinz? Contribute to the Community!