Heinz

Updated Nov 3, 2014

3.1

European Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz in June 2014.

Applied for this job via a recruiter - Had to take psychometric tests: Numerical, Verbal and Inductive Reasoning. Had a short telephone interview with the head of European recruiting. Then had a Skype interview with a member of UK senior management. Then invited to an assessment day. Had to prepare a short (5 min) presentation on 'Why Heinz should hire you?' before the assessment day. Staff were very nice and friendly, were given talks and a tour in the morning, then after lunch gave presentation to 5-6 senior members of staff with about 5-10 mins of short interview questions from those staff.

Interview Questions
    • What is your greatest achievement to date?
      What, if anything, could Heinz improve upon?

Answer Question

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Heinz in September 2014.

1. Skype interview with a Marking Director on a set of standardized questions across all candidates (a combination between general experience-related questions, examples for situations/circumstances when a certain action has been taken)
    2. Online skills test on numerical, verbal and logical reasoning, pretty similar to the ones of other FMCG companies
    3. Assessment center (Group exercise to check the dynamics in the interactions among the participants, study case concluded with a presentation on answering several issues regarding the study case, face-to-face interview with the HR and member of the Marketing department - quite similar to the one on skype in terms on contents checked, but also including questions regarding the reasons for applying for the company/location)

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult decision you had to take?
      In terms of objectives, how much of the objectives set for this year have you accomplished?

Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Heinz in October 2014.

Initial phone screen verifying information, no email warning so if the call is from Pittsburg PA, answer it. She sent instructions via email to apply online, take an assessment and how to schedule a phone interview. Assessment is long and rather unconventional, take it seriously. Phone interview is 3-4 behavioral questions, why Heinz and this position, and asked to "describe what this quote means to you and a company that exemplifies it" or something along those lines. The recruiter seemed rushed and rather curt during the process; I was not impressed. I did not make it to the next stage either, so take that with a grain of salt.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what this quote means to you and how a company can exemplify it.   View Answer

Heinz General Management MBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online – interviewed at Heinz in May 2014.

After submission of CV, a brief 15 minute phone interview was conducted asking basic motivational questions. Upon advancement, I took 3 online assessments, numerical, verbal and logical. After passing these tests, I participated in a 45 minute Skype interview, where I was asked to give stories about how I was leader, managed diverse teams, dealt with adversity and analyzed data. After which I was invited for a half day to Heinz in London. There, I participated in 2 interviews, a brief 15 minute interview with 2 senior personnel and a 30 minute interview with someone from HR and another manager. The questions were very similar to the phone interview before.

Interview Questions
    • Tell a story of a time when you had to analyze data in order to make an informed decision?   Answer Question

Engineering Assistant Interview

Took 3-4 months - was referred by a previous engineer. No phone interview. Just had one on site interview. Mostly personality questions, and what would you do questions. The interview lasted about 3 hours in total though.

no negotiations

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Heinz in September 2014.

For the first round, I had two half-hour behavioral interviews, one with the main talent recruiter, and another with an alumni of my college. They asked pretty standard questions like "Tell me what your greatest achievement so far is", "What is your greatest weakness?". Both my interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to. I did not make it to the next round.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your analysis of a situation was wrong.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Heinz in September 2014.

Applied through on campus recruiting, first step of an online logic test, then moved on to the phone interview, then had two half-hour interviews on campus, and then the on-site interview is final before they make the final decision about who to hire. Interviewers were friendly and informative, and the questions were almost all behavioral. They also ask some questions just to get to know you as well! Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions
    • None were very unexpected except for my favorite book recently.   Answer Question

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Heinz.

I applied for the position through my university's career website and on the company website after meeting recruiters at my university's career fair. A few days later, I received an email asking for a phone interview, which went well, and was followed by a logic test and a personality test. The process was a bit time-consuming, but it went well, so I got an on-campus interview. The interview lasted over an hour, with mostly behavioral questions in the beginning, and more random questions towards the end. The second set of questions seemed to be based more on things I had said, so the questions were more unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • My impression is that the interviewers wanted to see how well you can respond to questions you aren't necessarily expecting, so be prepared to talk about yourself in more than just the typical behavioral question format.   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam (Netherlands)

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Heinz.

I had a call to make an appointment for phone screening interview after 2 days of my application. The recruiter asked basic questions on strengths, weakness, why Heinz and why you. The he also asked some administrative questions such as working permit, languages, etc.

The next day, I received the email saying that qualified candidates were chosen and not including me.

That 's my story.

Marketing Executive Interview

I applied for the European Corporate Management Traineeship, but they asked me if I was interested in a Marketing Position. I said I was interested but it was very unclear if it was a job or an internship.
    I had a phone interview with the Marketing Manager. It was a pleasant conversation but the questions were extremely outdated, and just read from a script. Some questions are pretty vague as well. You have to make sure to answer the questions according to the STAR method and be very specific.