Heinz Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

3.1

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Heinz (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

4 interviews before hiring. The first three are telephone and are each accomplished by a different person from HR. The second interviewer rejected me for asking about what salary was offered. Said I should be more interested in what great opportunities heinz could offer.

Interview Questions

• When did you first know you were above average?   2 Answers
    • I asked about salary. She said it was highly inappropriate for me to ask that.   1 Answer

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Heinz.

Interview

I was initially contacted by HR department and scheduled a phone interview with them.
    The phone interview was quite easy. It took less then 40 minutes.
    Several questions on previous experience and one last question was specifically about management experience.
    They asked me if I am willing to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Describe your leadership experience.
      Why management trainee program?

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Heinz.

Interview

The interview only lasted 10-15 minutes with the interviewer seeming to be rushed to complete the process. The initial phone screening was pretty standard; nothing difficult. When asked about the numerous bad reviews of the company, there was a long pause and the question was ignored.

Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Heinz.

Interview

i applied online. had 2 phone/video interviews. the entire process took about a month; most of the questions were behavioral questions and some case questions on branding/P&L. Overall, it wasn't difficult; it's pretty much as expected fro other CPG companies. people I interviewed with were nice, and they were not trying to challenge you a lot or anything, rather they tried to understand your background and cultural it with a company

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard to the brand management roles. some of them:
      - example of a brand that effectively used consumer insights
      - what would you if your costs go up and you have to meet the margin targets
      - bunch of behavioral questions (leadership example etc)

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz.

Interview

3 interviews over the course of 2 months. 1st initial interview was over the phone, the next 2 were on site with 3 management team members. Several of the team members were recently graduated students who seem to struggle with industry terminology, S & OP terms, general understanding of the Consumer packaged goods business.

Interview Questions

• If you were hired but another employee was found internally that better suits the position would you be reassigned without any hostility towards the management group.   1 Answer

Interview

I got a email for the recruiter asking to schedule a phone interview for the first round .. which went well & progresses to second round . Second round consisted to two in-person interviews but senior recruiters who were likely looking for a fit with the company. I got the final decision in about two weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to demonstrate a situation where I did not succeed at the first try ?   Answer Question

Sales Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Heinz.

Interview

There are various levels of interviews. I had a phone interview first, and then two consecutive Skype interviews. I was told that if I made it beyond that point there would be a group interview and another individual interview. The phone interview asked mainly typical questions. The guy that interviewed me was kind of rude to me about some of my answers/the place I go to college. The Skype interviews went very well and took about 40 minutes total.

Interview Questions

• First interviewer asked me to give specific examples of a time I used/expereinced analytics, marketing, and sales.   Answer Question

European Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Heinz (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied for this job via a recruiter - Had to take psychometric tests: Numerical, Verbal and Inductive Reasoning. Had a short telephone interview with the head of European recruiting. Then had a Skype interview with a member of UK senior management. Then invited to an assessment day. Had to prepare a short (5 min) presentation on 'Why Heinz should hire you?' before the assessment day. Staff were very nice and friendly, were given talks and a tour in the morning, then after lunch gave presentation to 5-6 senior members of staff with about 5-10 mins of short interview questions from those staff.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest achievement to date?
      What, if anything, could Heinz improve upon?

Marketing Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Heinz (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

1. Skype interview with a Marking Director on a set of standardized questions across all candidates (a combination between general experience-related questions, examples for situations/circumstances when a certain action has been taken)
    2. Online skills test on numerical, verbal and logical reasoning, pretty similar to the ones of other FMCG companies
    3. Assessment center (Group exercise to check the dynamics in the interactions among the participants, study case concluded with a presentation on answering several issues regarding the study case, face-to-face interview with the HR and member of the Marketing department - quite similar to the one on skype in terms on contents checked, but also including questions regarding the reasons for applying for the company/location)

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult decision you had to take?
      In terms of objectives, how much of the objectives set for this year have you accomplished?

Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Corporate Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Heinz (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen verifying information, no email warning so if the call is from Pittsburg PA, answer it. She sent instructions via email to apply online, take an assessment and how to schedule a phone interview. Assessment is long and rather unconventional, take it seriously. Phone interview is 3-4 behavioral questions, why Heinz and this position, and asked to "describe what this quote means to you and a company that exemplifies it" or something along those lines. The recruiter seemed rushed and rather curt during the process; I was not impressed. I did not make it to the next stage either, so take that with a grain of salt.

Interview Questions

• Describe what this quote means to you and how a company can exemplify it.   1 Answer