Helen of Troy

Relevance Date Difficulty

Many Things Interview

Many Things
El Paso, TX

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Helen of Troy.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process was very easy due to the fact that is difficult to find skilled workers in El Paso area, so during this process they can't be very exigent with potential new employees.

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, they take the initiative always saying "not negotiable".

Engineer Interview

Engineer
El Paso, TX

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Helen of Troy.

Interview Details – First interview was with HR. It lasted about an hour, the usual HR questions...tell me about a time you did this, handled that....then about 2 weeks of nothing. Then another HR interview, where the HR person obviously had no idea that I had interviewed already with another HR person. Same questions, then surprised when I said I had been interviewed by HR already. Face to face with CFO, President, and hiring manager. Went great, more test for fit. Then 2 weeks, and low-ball offer. Countered, weeks passed, then new offer.

Interview Question – Everything was standard, there was nothing difficult at all about the questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Low ball offer, very slow to make a decision even though I was told it was key to fill the position quickly.

Very Easy Interview

Market Research Associate Interview

Market Research Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Helen of Troy in March 2012.

Interview Details – Human resources department is wonderful. Hiring and interview was nice and relaxed. Managers are overworked and do not have the help they need to do their job properly.

Negotiation Details – Definitely do not accept right away. Try to negotiate and get a little more. You're worth it.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Helen of Troy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Helen of Troy interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Helen of Troy employees and interview candidates.