Helen of Troy

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Helen of Troy

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Helen of Troy.

Interview was really easy since is very difficult to find skilled personnel in El Paso area, and even more difficult for managerial positions since for someone coming from big cities is quite a change.
    Interviewed by future manager and HR person the first time, and then by CFO and other managers, but again, it was only polite chat since they can be too exigent and they "massage" you for the coming low ball offer.

Interview Questions
    • The 'Not Negotiable" low ball offer when it comes to salary, unfortunately, i needed to work to pay the bills and i accepted. And that is the only reason they still have employees.   View Answer
    on way street
    "not negotiable"
    no room for what you may believe is reasonable pay

Many Things Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Helen of Troy.

Hiring and interview process was very easy due to the fact that is difficult to find skilled workers in El Paso area, so during this process they can't be very exigent with potential new employees.

There was no negotiation, they take the initiative always saying "not negotiable".

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Helen of Troy.

First interview was with HR. It lasted about an hour, the usual HR questions...tell me about a time you did this, handled that....then about 2 weeks of nothing. Then another HR interview, where the HR person obviously had no idea that I had interviewed already with another HR person. Same questions, then surprised when I said I had been interviewed by HR already. Face to face with CFO, President, and hiring manager. Went great, more test for fit. Then 2 weeks, and low-ball offer. Countered, weeks passed, then new offer.

Interview Questions
    • Everything was standard, there was nothing difficult at all about the questions   Answer Question

Low ball offer, very slow to make a decision even though I was told it was key to fill the position quickly.

Market Research Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Helen of Troy in March 2012.

Human resources department is wonderful. Hiring and interview was nice and relaxed. Managers are overworked and do not have the help they need to do their job properly.

Definitely do not accept right away. Try to negotiate and get a little more. You're worth it.