Hella North America

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Program Manager Interview

Plymouth, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Hella North America in February 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter to apply for the job and just two days later I had an interview scheduled. Unfortunately the interview itself was unpleasant and so I don't think this is a company I would want to work for. Everyone was running behind schedule and didn’t seem to be truly present. My first comment was in response to a question where I explained that the job description reads similar to my current role but would afford me more responsibilities beyond what I currently do, and would allow me to utilize more of my leadership skills. I’ve gone on several interviews for Project Manager or related job and this has always been a very receptive response. Well, the first comment from the hiring manager’s mouth (before the interview began) was that he doesn’t think he could help me since I won’t find what I’m looking for there. That set the stage for a very uncomfortable interview. I had to influence the manager that I was indeed there for the position I was there to interview for before he would proceed. It was like they didn’t even want to meet with me. The general question phase went well, but I did find that I was repeating myself since only 1 of the 3 interviewers seemed attentive. They then proceeded to ask technical questions related to microprocessors, but these skills sets were nowhere in the job description. After their last question, I asked the hiring manager why wasn’t microcontrollers/processing a required skillset for the position per the job description. He said he had no knowledge of that and blamed it on HR. He suggested I work with HR on a level up PM position above that of software PM. Needless to say, the entire interview was a waste of time.

Human Resources Specialist Interview

Plymouth, MI

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hella North America in October 2012.

Interview Details – The process was great - everyone was pleasant and I thought the process was well organized.

Applications Engineer Interview

Plymouth, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hella North America in August 2011.

Interview Details – Initial contact via job fair, technical interview with group, 1:1 interview with upper management.
Solid German company, button-down, serious. Friendly people, though; interview was in no way meant to be intimidating. Thorough first and second interview process included people from all disciplines.

Company touts shallow management structure as a plus, appears to be legit. Limitation to autos business only is a concern. Straightforward about job and requirements, particularly management level discussion.

Resident Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hella North America in November 2011.

Interview Details – I have taken two times on-site interview in Michigan. One is for technique questions about detail for embedded system programming like array, pointer..and other software management which i have no idea. And also ask about how to optimize cost which includes time and money... and also some questions about the projects i did. The second interviewer is an engineer, most of the talk is about how is that job and ask just a little about myself. I have taken the second interview for two week but no news received.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hella North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hella North America interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hella North America employees and interview candidates.