Helmerich & Payne Interview Questions

1.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Helmerich & Payne

Floorhand Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Helmerich & Payne (Odessa, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

There really wasnt one. I was mislead about wage - 3 dollars less, per diem-none, and the location of the work. The drug screen and physical were done in an off site location in mass.

Interview Questions

• Do you have steel toe boots?   1 Answer

Derricks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Helmerich & Payne (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

From my experience everybody is related to someone. There is not a formal interview. You must be ready to go when they call.

Negotiation

None

Rouhgneck Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Helmerich & Payne.

Interview

Saw them at first time at career fair. Asked them about their company, just out of curiosity not expecting an interview. Got the interview, which was very laid back.

Interview Questions

• Asked many questions about classes and leadership positions. Made sure I wasn't afraid to get dirty and work hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Called the day after the interview to offer me the position

Floorhand Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Helmerich & Payne (Odessa, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Not a whole lot to the process, interviewed with the superintendent then went through a whole crap load of classes (about 3 days worth) Really intensive physical evaluation as well as drug screening. Not intense at all. If they are looking to hire, you'll get hired on the spot. If they aren't hiring, they probably won't even take an application

Negotiation

No real negotiation, they offered more than I expected

CRT Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alice, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Helmerich & Payne (Alice, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

Interview was short and to the point. Went over safety procedures and policies, Rules and Regulations, and expectations of all employees. Discussed distribution of company vehicle and gas card as well as accomodations when out in the field.

Interview Questions

• If I have liable transportation   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Handed out my resume at career fair at my university. Was later contacted about an interview for an internship position. The interview itself was pretty typical, with typical questions regarding myself, work ethic, and previous employment. Was then contacted later with an offer and to be scheduled for a drug test and physical.