Help at Home

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

QMRP Interview

QMRP

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Help at Home in March 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online through Career Builder and was contacted the following day by the area director. She set up an interview. i met with the area director and the state director. The interview process was pretty simple. They did most of the talking, and asked me a few questions. Most of the questions centered around me being able to handle the job requirements and who I knew in the field. They are very focused on growing their company, so having someone who had contacts with case managers and others in the field was important. i had to fill out a paper application and provide copies of all of my educational documents, my CPR certifications, TB tests, drivers license, and auto insurance. They performed a background check. I was told there would be a second interview with the vice president of the company, but they didn't make me do that. I received my offer letter within about 2 weeks.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with or do you know anyone affiliated with IPMG? (IPMG is the case management group that provides all of the referrals to the developmental disabilabties side)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They asked me what type of salary I was expecting, and actually gave me more than that. I now know i could have asked for more. My advice would be to do your best to find out how many clients the office is currently serving because that will be the deciding factor on how much money they can give you. But, really sell yourself on being able to market and grow the business in the area and your educational/work experience and you will get a higher salary. Also ask about on call pay (it can be up to $100 per week)

Worked for Help at Home? Contribute to the Community!