Helzberg Diamonds Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Disorganized. Unorganized. Non-organized. The scheduled interviewer was not available when I arrived for my pre-scheduled interview time. The resolution was to complete the interview with non management store associate, who could not get interview questions ready. Needless to say I was not interested at that point and though I allowed the 'interview' process to evolve I did not feel this was a company I wanted to work for. I was told that I would be called by the manger but the call never came. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest challenge in your last position.   Answer Question

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Spartanburg, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

I was welcomed by a jeweler on the floor and ushered to the diamond room. The manger came to interview. She asked questions pertainent to the position. It was obvious she read my resume and did her research. She then allowed me to ask questions. We had a detailed conversation about the position. It was a very good interview.

Interview Questions

• Part of being an office manager at Heltzberg is selling jewelry on the floor. Are you comfortable with that?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Interview process was very quick. I received a call back after posting my applying to their Assistant Manager position through their website. I received a call after several hours which was very refreshing. I spoke to a very sweet Store Manager in the Chicago area that set-up an interview for the following week. I arrived early to the meeting, and she was kind enough to take me right away. The interview was rather long; it lasting almost an hour due to her pleasant demeanor. Towards the end of the interview, where up to this point: I believed that I was interviewing for an Assistant Manager position, I was told that I was only being considered for a sales assistant position because I had less than a year experience in jewelry. I think is a bit of a bait and switch. She said that she would follow up with the Regional Manager to see if there was an open position, but after leaving two messages, I still have no received any return call.

Interview Questions

• It was a pretty easy and straight forward interview. We went through my resume, and she asked where in my resume did I have experience in different skills?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Mays Landing, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

I had previously worked as a temporary holiday sales associate. I was interviewed by a store manager that was my equal when I worked at this company a few years earlier. I was very disappointed with the attitude of the manager that interviewed me. I have 16 years of fine jewelry experience I was not given the respect I deserve as a seasoned sales professional. The manager offered me less hours than the company had described in their job post. He spoke to me in a manner as if he was trying to discourage me from persuing this sales position. He also said I would be expected to help with the office work. This also was not stated in the job description. I continued with the entire interview process. I was never given a call back for a second interview. I usually am called in for a second interview with most Jewelers, so this experience was quite different than other companies I have interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer questioned my flexibility for the hours I am available.   1 Answer
    • The interviewer asked questions about my sales ability.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds.

Interview

Advertised opening was for a specific mall in which I had worked as a jewelry store manager. Half hour interview was with a store manager who explained that the regional manager had asked him to meet with me. We met standing in a Helzberg store with several associates looking on, but far enough away so they probably could not hear us. A couple was looking at diamonds in the more private office area where I presume the interview would have taken place if the space had been available. Interviewer provided an overview of the company, Warren Buffet ownership, company expansion plans, mall hours, Christmas holiday vacation restrictions. During the interview apologized and left me twice to handle questions from sales associate who was working with the couple. The interviewer called me a fe days later to say that they had filled all open positions internally, but said, this is retail so things change fast so stay in touch. The manager who interviewed me ended up in the advertised position.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to start as a sales associate to get to know our systems and culture?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (West Palm Beach, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Worst company I ever intervied with, all lies and promises. Base your entire interview on your credit. DM a real winner. Glad I went to work somewhere else

Seasonal Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Rockaway, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview was a complete waste of my time. The interviewer seemed very full of herself and did not know how to conduct an interview. She did not even ask if I had questions. Helzberg Diamonds has a very stuffy dress code with button down shirts and jackets required. It's retail jewelry, not a bank. I was sorry I had wasted my time. I hate interviewers that call you in for an interview when they are already well staffed. Save yourself a headache and do not apply with Helzberg Diamonds.

Retail Interview

Interview

this is crazy all i want to do is post a review and not answer these questions. this is as back as what I have to listen to at work. Why can't this just be declined so that I have the ability not to answer the questions it is too much.