Helzberg Diamonds

18 candidate interviews

Retail Interview

Retail

Interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds

Interview Details – this is crazy all i want to do is post a review and not answer these questions. this is as back as what I have to listen to at work. Why can't this just be declined so that I have the ability not to answer the questions it is too much.

Interview Question – Why did I bother to try to post on your site?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in July 2010.

Interview Details – This part was good, I was interviewed by not only the manager, but also the district manager and met with a long term employee also.

Interview Question – I don't really remember   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager
El Paso, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in April 2010.

Interview Details – I had previously worked at the bank where store deposits were made and had a good friendship with the office manager at the time. While I was working at another location Near Helzberg, the office manager recruited me to fill her position as she was going out onto the sales floor. I had one interview with the Store Manager, it was brief as I already knew most of the staff. She offered me the job right then and I took an assessment over the phone. It was very easy. My interview was on a Tuesday and I started working the very next Monday.

Interview Question – Most questions are the normal interview questions. I was very nervous to meet the regional manager, but he was friendly and enjoyed talking with me. I believe that if you are honest and sincere, they see that and they like those type of people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did negotiate somewhat. At the job I was at when I received the offer I was making $12.00 an hour. This was a management position and I was offered $11.50 to start. However I was able to also make some commission and the pressure wasn't as high as my other job. So considering both I accepted.

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee
McLean, VA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in September 2009.

Interview Details – Three interview are typical

Negotiation Details – They give a base pay and tell you how much you can make with commission which in the end is unrealistic.

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online at the Helzburg Diamonds website and it took about 30 minutes to enter in all of the information. I was informed that a background check, credit check, and hair test would be required if hired for the job. I met one on one with the store manager of the location I applied at which was at a mall location. The interview was short and I was asked only a few questions. We talked about the the background and values of the company which all sounded very good. The manager was nice and the employees said they had worked there for several years and liked working there.

Interview Question – Do you know anything about the company?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The pay was too low for what I was looking for in a sales position. Retail hours and location were also turnoffs for the job.

Seasonal Office Associate Interview

Seasonal Office Associate
Rockaway, NJ

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was a complete waste of my time. The interviewer seemed very full of herself and did not know how to conduct an interview. She did not even ask if I had questions. Helzberg Diamonds has a very stuffy dress code with button down shirts and jackets required. It's retail jewelry, not a bank. I was sorry I had wasted my time. I hate interviewers that call you in for an interview when they are already well staffed. Save yourself a headache and do not apply with Helzberg Diamonds.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
West Palm Beach, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in September 2011.

Interview Details – Worst company I ever intervied with, all lies and promises. Base your entire interview on your credit. DM a real winner. Glad I went to work somewhere else

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in February 2012.

Interview Details – Gave my application to a very nice manager in one store she called my reference that day. called me in to take phone assesment. A week later set me up with another store manager,and another week pasted by he then set me up with his DM,and she hire me on the spot. Very relexed interview it was more like a good conversation than an interview . I really believe i'm going to enjoy work for the manager,and the DM. I can not wait to started

Interview Question – what is your weakness   View Answer

Portland, OR

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in September 2011.

Interview Details – Store manager was very interested in me due to my strong retail background. They seemed very friendly. but asked me personal questions during the first interview. That should have been my warning. This was followed by a pleasant, but lukewarm interview with the regional manager. I then had another interview and was told " My regional doesn't think that your enthusiastic for the job, but I'm willing to give you a shot" I was really taken back by this comment. It was very unprofessional and set a negative tone.

Interview Question – Are you in a relationship or do you have any family ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no room negotiation. I was lead to believe that I would earn enough Commission to make up for the low hourly wage.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in March 2009.

Interview Details – Whole process took over a month from submission of application/resume. Three total interviews. Process has recently changed to make it more streamlined and quicker. Less interviews and "red tape" before a candidate gets an offer. Also at least half of the new process is done online without meeting anyone. Once a face to face interview is set, the hiring manager has pretty much made up their mind whether you are to be hired or not. It is encouraged to think about what other locations you are willing to work at, because often for advancement or for general business needs you will be asked to accept a position at a different location (where there will be a better fit).

Interview Question – Pretty standard interviews...involved more the company selling itself and applying itself to the candidate's experience and desires than other way around. Because of this format, make sure you have your questions ready to inquire more about the company, expectations, and how realistic those expectations are. If possible, talk to current employees to get their candid feelings and opinions (but remember take every bit of advice or opinion with a "a grain of salt")   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is necessary to look at the base wage as whether that is livable. Although the company promotes positions as commission and bonus based, it is currently very difficult to make those standards (especially if you are just starting out with the company).

Interviews for Top Jobs at Helzberg Diamonds

Worked for Helzberg Diamonds? Contribute to the Community!