Helzberg Diamonds Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014
Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.3

Retail Interview

this is crazy all i want to do is post a review and not answer these questions. this is as back as what I have to listen to at work. Why can't this just be declined so that I have the ability not to answer the questions it is too much.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in July 2010.

This part was good, I was interviewed by not only the manager, but also the district manager and met with a long term employee also.

Very easy

Sales Associate Interview

Longer process but thorough as they want a good fit for the store. Three interviews with three separate managers and then had another with a regional manager. Interview was straightforward with many behavioral questions. Sales and customer based questioning focusing on reactions.

Negotiation accepted.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in April 2010.

I had previously worked at the bank where store deposits were made and had a good friendship with the office manager at the time. While I was working at another location Near Helzberg, the office manager recruited me to fill her position as she was going out onto the sales floor. I had one interview with the Store Manager, it was brief as I already knew most of the staff. She offered me the job right then and I took an assessment over the phone. It was very easy. My interview was on a Tuesday and I started working the very next Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are the normal interview questions. I was very nervous to meet the regional manager, but he was friendly and enjoyed talking with me. I believe that if you are honest and sincere, they see that and they like those type of people.   Answer Question
    I did negotiate somewhat. At the job I was at when I received the offer I was making $12.00 an hour. This was a management position and I was offered $11.50 to start. However I was able to also make some commission and the pressure wasn't as high as my other job. So considering both I accepted.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in September 2009.

Three interview are typical

They give a base pay and tell you how much you can make with commission which in the end is unrealistic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in June 2010.

I applied online at the Helzburg Diamonds website and it took about 30 minutes to enter in all of the information. I was informed that a background check, credit check, and hair test would be required if hired for the job. I met one on one with the store manager of the location I applied at which was at a mall location. The interview was short and I was asked only a few questions. We talked about the the background and values of the company which all sounded very good. The manager was nice and the employees said they had worked there for several years and liked working there.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know anything about the company?   View Answer

The pay was too low for what I was looking for in a sales position. Retail hours and location were also turnoffs for the job.

Seasonal Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockaway, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in October 2010.

The interview was a complete waste of my time. The interviewer seemed very full of herself and did not know how to conduct an interview. She did not even ask if I had questions. Helzberg Diamonds has a very stuffy dress code with button down shirts and jackets required. It's retail jewelry, not a bank. I was sorry I had wasted my time. I hate interviewers that call you in for an interview when they are already well staffed. Save yourself a headache and do not apply with Helzberg Diamonds.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in September 2011.

Worst company I ever intervied with, all lies and promises. Base your entire interview on your credit. DM a real winner. Glad I went to work somewhere else

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in February 2012.

Gave my application to a very nice manager in one store she called my reference that day. called me in to take phone assesment. A week later set me up with another store manager,and another week pasted by he then set me up with his DM,and she hire me on the spot. Very relexed interview it was more like a good conversation than an interview . I really believe i'm going to enjoy work for the manager,and the DM. I can not wait to started

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in September 2011.

Store manager was very interested in me due to my strong retail background. They seemed very friendly. but asked me personal questions during the first interview. That should have been my warning. This was followed by a pleasant, but lukewarm interview with the regional manager. I then had another interview and was told " My regional doesn't think that your enthusiastic for the job, but I'm willing to give you a shot" I was really taken back by this comment. It was very unprofessional and set a negative tone.

Interview Questions
    • Are you in a relationship or do you have any family ?   View Answer
    There was no room negotiation. I was lead to believe that I would earn enough Commission to make up for the low hourly wage.

Worked for Helzberg Diamonds? Contribute to the Community!