Helzberg Diamonds Interview Questions

Updated Apr 4, 2015

2.3

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in April 2015.

Interview

Went on line did the application a couple days latter got a call from the DM had great conversation. Schedule an interview for the next day. Interview went very well. Two days later had a very intense phone interview with the VP. Great experience and looking forward to being a part of the Hertzberg diamond team.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Interview process was very quick. I received a call back after posting my applying to their Assistant Manager position through their website. I received a call after several hours which was very refreshing. I spoke to a very sweet Store Manager in the Chicago area that set-up an interview for the following week. I arrived early to the meeting, and she was kind enough to take me right away. The interview was rather long; it lasting almost an hour due to her pleasant demeanor. Towards the end of the interview, where up to this point: I believed that I was interviewing for an Assistant Manager position, I was told that I was only being considered for a sales assistant position because I had less than a year experience in jewelry. I think is a bit of a bait and switch. She said that she would follow up with the Regional Manager to see if there was an open position, but after leaving two messages, I still have no received any return call.

Interview Questions

• It was a pretty easy and straight forward interview. We went through my resume, and she asked where in my resume did I have experience in different skills?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in March 2010.

Interview

I applied online. The district manager set up my review with who was then the store manager of the Oak Park location. He was a little smug. He even looked me over and said he thought I had the look they were going for. I almost didn't return for my next interview with the district manager. But I did and that interview was great.

Interview Questions

• You really need strong sales experience. Mostly scenarios of how to handle customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Well they offered me a dollar less an hour of what I was currently making. With the promise of amazing commission potential.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds.

Interview

Interview process at my time of hire was a 3-part process. It included two interviews and a telescreen session which verified I wasn't a crazy person or a liar. After successful hire, I was subjected to a hair drug screen, which was painless. The interview is set to be intimidating, but is much less difficult, and hiring is based of a good first impression. Dress well.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, based on wages.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed with regional and flew to Kansas City to interview with DVP and Sr. Vp. interviewed with various people. Interviews were intense and long. Interviewers were professional and well informed. A very long process.

Interview Questions

• What to do with a team member who isn't meeting expectations.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Longer process but thorough as they want a good fit for the store. Three interviews with three separate managers and then had another with a regional manager. Interview was straightforward with many behavioral questions. Sales and customer based questioning focusing on reactions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds.

Interview

I applied online, the manager called me and I went in for an interview, it lasted probably an hour, there was much social talking mixed in with regular interview questions. I was called back for a second interview both with store manager and the assistant manager, it was basically just more of the same. They offered me the job then and I started work the next week.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult, this manager was very easy to talk to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be sure you know what your STATUS is going to be before accepting a position.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds.

Interview

Advertised opening was for a specific mall in which I had worked as a jewelry store manager. Half hour interview was with a store manager who explained that the regional manager had asked him to meet with me. We met standing in a Helzberg store with several associates looking on, but far enough away so they probably could not hear us. A couple was looking at diamonds in the more private office area where I presume the interview would have taken place if the space had been available. Interviewer provided an overview of the company, Warren Buffet ownership, company expansion plans, mall hours, Christmas holiday vacation restrictions. During the interview apologized and left me twice to handle questions from sales associate who was working with the couple. The interviewer called me a fe days later to say that they had filled all open positions internally, but said, this is retail so things change fast so stay in touch. The manager who interviewed me ended up in the advertised position.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to start as a sales associate to get to know our systems and culture?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Macon, GA).

Interview

Interviewed with Regional Sales Manager, whose challenge questions were somewhat insulting; seemingly more geared towards self-display of position than being geared towards a hiring solution -whose ramblings of personal knowledge/gains were clearly placed out there for leaving the impression. Regardless, my experience in retail sales (as well as senior management positions) for the most part spoke for itself. It became, then, a matter of allowing the "motions" to play themselves out.

Interview Questions

• Questions that could have multiple definitions/meanings; depending on previous work experiences/companies engaged with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

For me, my interview took place at the food court of the particular mall I was to be hired at; with all of the associable noise that accompanied a lunchtime encounter at such a location. Because of my (previous) experience, my requested amount had to be negotiated between the GM and VP, who ultimately approved it. Interestingly enough, the interview with the VP occurred at Atlanta-Hartsfield airport over a quick (airport restaurant) lunch (before the VP was to catch his next flight out... home to Kansas). The VP, as it turned-out, was a genuinely nice guy, with a proper management style/attitude.

Full Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Phone interview, in-store interview with store manager, followed by interview with Regional Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy