Helzberg Diamonds Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hanover, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in September 2010.

Do skills test online then a few days later got phone call for interview 1:1 with store manager, after pass u'll interview wit region manager, and store manager and then phone test. Then Background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    U can negotiate if u have experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in September 2011.

Store manager was very interested in me due to my strong retail background. They seemed very friendly. but asked me personal questions during the first interview. That should have been my warning. This was followed by a pleasant, but lukewarm interview with the regional manager. I then had another interview and was told " My regional doesn't think that your enthusiastic for the job, but I'm willing to give you a shot" I was really taken back by this comment. It was very unprofessional and set a negative tone.

Interview Questions
    • Are you in a relationship or do you have any family ?   View Answer
    There was no room negotiation. I was lead to believe that I would earn enough Commission to make up for the low hourly wage.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in September 2011.

Worst company I ever intervied with, all lies and promises. Base your entire interview on your credit. DM a real winner. Glad I went to work somewhere else

Seasonal Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rockaway, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in October 2010.

The interview was a complete waste of my time. The interviewer seemed very full of herself and did not know how to conduct an interview. She did not even ask if I had questions. Helzberg Diamonds has a very stuffy dress code with button down shirts and jackets required. It's retail jewelry, not a bank. I was sorry I had wasted my time. I hate interviewers that call you in for an interview when they are already well staffed. Save yourself a headache and do not apply with Helzberg Diamonds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in June 2010.

I applied online at the Helzburg Diamonds website and it took about 30 minutes to enter in all of the information. I was informed that a background check, credit check, and hair test would be required if hired for the job. I met one on one with the store manager of the location I applied at which was at a mall location. The interview was short and I was asked only a few questions. We talked about the the background and values of the company which all sounded very good. The manager was nice and the employees said they had worked there for several years and liked working there.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know anything about the company?   View Answer

The pay was too low for what I was looking for in a sales position. Retail hours and location were also turnoffs for the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in July 2010.

This part was good, I was interviewed by not only the manager, but also the district manager and met with a long term employee also.

Very easy

Retail Interview

this is crazy all i want to do is post a review and not answer these questions. this is as back as what I have to listen to at work. Why can't this just be declined so that I have the ability not to answer the questions it is too much.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds.

there was a total of 3 interviews. first, with the store manager. She asked about my jewelry experience in regards to length of experience and what i sold most. she also asked about my sales style (if Im a soft or hard closer); what my past sales numbers were; why i left my previous job. She asked me if i knew who Warren Buffet was and i did not. luckily, this wasn't a deal breaker, but i highly recommend knowing who he is, and about his decision to purchase helzberg in 1995. She also asked me to tell her about a time a customer was very angry and displeased and how i handled it. The second interview entailed an automated phone interview and i think that was when i also consented to a credit check (if you have significanty bad credit, you might not get the job). The phone interview asked questions about my experiences with coworker dishonesty, my reactions, my marijuana use--if I've ever experimented at all-- my friends' recreational use of marijuana, extacy, etc.), if I've ever been fired, my political views on the legalization of marijuana, if I'm answering honestly... and a bunch of other questions that will leave you anxiously waiting for the next question you might answer "incorrectly". the third interview entailed meeting the regional manager, which asked pretty much the same questions as the manager in the first interview. it was at this third interview that i was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really stumped me, so I'd have to go with the question about who Warren Buffet was - quite embarrassing not to know and a giant plus if you can discuss him.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation. the job was offered, i accepted, and was asked to take a hair follicle test the same day.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in January 2008.

Had to go through quite a few interviews because I think they will weed out not so good potentials, but I don't think that is always the case because some people can BS there way through anything.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle a certain question on something you don't have experience in.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in February 2012.

Gave my application to a very nice manager in one store she called my reference that day. called me in to take phone assesment. A week later set me up with another store manager,and another week pasted by he then set me up with his DM,and she hire me on the spot. Very relexed interview it was more like a good conversation than an interview . I really believe i'm going to enjoy work for the manager,and the DM. I can not wait to started