Helzberg Diamonds

2.3

Seasonal Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in October 2010.

The interview was a complete waste of my time. The interviewer seemed very full of herself and did not know how to conduct an interview. She did not even ask if I had questions. Helzberg Diamonds has a very stuffy dress code with button down shirts and jackets required. It's retail jewelry, not a bank. I was sorry I had wasted my time. I hate interviewers that call you in for an interview when they are already well staffed. Save yourself a headache and do not apply with Helzberg Diamonds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in September 2010.

Do skills test online then a few days later got phone call for interview 1:1 with store manager, after pass u'll interview wit region manager, and store manager and then phone test. Then Background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    U can negotiate if u have experience.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in June 2010.

I applied online at the Helzburg Diamonds website and it took about 30 minutes to enter in all of the information. I was informed that a background check, credit check, and hair test would be required if hired for the job. I met one on one with the store manager of the location I applied at which was at a mall location. The interview was short and I was asked only a few questions. We talked about the the background and values of the company which all sounded very good. The manager was nice and the employees said they had worked there for several years and liked working there.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know anything about the company?   View Answer

The pay was too low for what I was looking for in a sales position. Retail hours and location were also turnoffs for the job.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in April 2010.

I had previously worked at the bank where store deposits were made and had a good friendship with the office manager at the time. While I was working at another location Near Helzberg, the office manager recruited me to fill her position as she was going out onto the sales floor. I had one interview with the Store Manager, it was brief as I already knew most of the staff. She offered me the job right then and I took an assessment over the phone. It was very easy. My interview was on a Tuesday and I started working the very next Monday.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are the normal interview questions. I was very nervous to meet the regional manager, but he was friendly and enjoyed talking with me. I believe that if you are honest and sincere, they see that and they like those type of people.   Answer Question
    I did negotiate somewhat. At the job I was at when I received the offer I was making $12.00 an hour. This was a management position and I was offered $11.50 to start. However I was able to also make some commission and the pressure wasn't as high as my other job. So considering both I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in March 2010.

I applied online. The district manager set up my review with who was then the store manager of the Oak Park location. He was a little smug. He even looked me over and said he thought I had the look they were going for. I almost didn't return for my next interview with the district manager. But I did and that interview was great.

Interview Questions
    • You really need strong sales experience. Mostly scenarios of how to handle customers.   Answer Question
    Well they offered me a dollar less an hour of what I was currently making. With the promise of amazing commission potential.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in September 2009.

Three interview are typical

They give a base pay and tell you how much you can make with commission which in the end is unrealistic.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in March 2009.

Whole process took over a month from submission of application/resume. Three total interviews. Process has recently changed to make it more streamlined and quicker. Less interviews and "red tape" before a candidate gets an offer. Also at least half of the new process is done online without meeting anyone. Once a face to face interview is set, the hiring manager has pretty much made up their mind whether you are to be hired or not. It is encouraged to think about what other locations you are willing to work at, because often for advancement or for general business needs you will be asked to accept a position at a different location (where there will be a better fit).

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard interviews...involved more the company selling itself and applying itself to the candidate's experience and desires than other way around. Because of this format, make sure you have your questions ready to inquire more about the company, expectations, and how realistic those expectations are. If possible, talk to current employees to get their candid feelings and opinions (but remember take every bit of advice or opinion with a "a grain of salt")   Answer Question
    It is necessary to look at the base wage as whether that is livable. Although the company promotes positions as commission and bonus based, it is currently very difficult to make those standards (especially if you are just starting out with the company).

Retail Interview

this is crazy all i want to do is post a review and not answer these questions. this is as back as what I have to listen to at work. Why can't this just be declined so that I have the ability not to answer the questions it is too much.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds.

there was a total of 3 interviews. first, with the store manager. She asked about my jewelry experience in regards to length of experience and what i sold most. she also asked about my sales style (if Im a soft or hard closer); what my past sales numbers were; why i left my previous job. She asked me if i knew who Warren Buffet was and i did not. luckily, this wasn't a deal breaker, but i highly recommend knowing who he is, and about his decision to purchase helzberg in 1995. She also asked me to tell her about a time a customer was very angry and displeased and how i handled it. The second interview entailed an automated phone interview and i think that was when i also consented to a credit check (if you have significanty bad credit, you might not get the job). The phone interview asked questions about my experiences with coworker dishonesty, my reactions, my marijuana use--if I've ever experimented at all-- my friends' recreational use of marijuana, extacy, etc.), if I've ever been fired, my political views on the legalization of marijuana, if I'm answering honestly... and a bunch of other questions that will leave you anxiously waiting for the next question you might answer "incorrectly". the third interview entailed meeting the regional manager, which asked pretty much the same questions as the manager in the first interview. it was at this third interview that i was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really stumped me, so I'd have to go with the question about who Warren Buffet was - quite embarrassing not to know and a giant plus if you can discuss him.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation. the job was offered, i accepted, and was asked to take a hair follicle test the same day.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in February 2012.

Gave my application to a very nice manager in one store she called my reference that day. called me in to take phone assesment. A week later set me up with another store manager,and another week pasted by he then set me up with his DM,and she hire me on the spot. Very relexed interview it was more like a good conversation than an interview . I really believe i'm going to enjoy work for the manager,and the DM. I can not wait to started