Helzberg Diamonds Interview Questions

Updated May 31, 2015

2.3

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Macon, GA).

Interview

Interviewed with Regional Sales Manager, whose challenge questions were somewhat insulting; seemingly more geared towards self-display of position than being geared towards a hiring solution -whose ramblings of personal knowledge/gains were clearly placed out there for leaving the impression. Regardless, my experience in retail sales (as well as senior management positions) for the most part spoke for itself. It became, then, a matter of allowing the "motions" to play themselves out.

Interview Questions

• Questions that could have multiple definitions/meanings; depending on previous work experiences/companies engaged with.   1 Answer

Negotiation

For me, my interview took place at the food court of the particular mall I was to be hired at; with all of the associable noise that accompanied a lunchtime encounter at such a location. Because of my (previous) experience, my requested amount had to be negotiated between the GM and VP, who ultimately approved it. Interestingly enough, the interview with the VP occurred at Atlanta-Hartsfield airport over a quick (airport restaurant) lunch (before the VP was to catch his next flight out... home to Kansas). The VP, as it turned-out, was a genuinely nice guy, with a proper management style/attitude.

Full Time Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Phone interview, in-store interview with store manager, followed by interview with Regional Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very easy

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (West Palm Beach, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Worst company I ever intervied with, all lies and promises. Base your entire interview on your credit. DM a real winner. Glad I went to work somewhere else

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Portland, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

Store manager was very interested in me due to my strong retail background. They seemed very friendly. but asked me personal questions during the first interview. That should have been my warning. This was followed by a pleasant, but lukewarm interview with the regional manager. I then had another interview and was told " My regional doesn't think that your enthusiastic for the job, but I'm willing to give you a shot" I was really taken back by this comment. It was very unprofessional and set a negative tone.

Interview Questions

• Are you in a relationship or do you have any family ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no room negotiation. I was lead to believe that I would earn enough Commission to make up for the low hourly wage.

Seasonal Office Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Rockaway, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview was a complete waste of my time. The interviewer seemed very full of herself and did not know how to conduct an interview. She did not even ask if I had questions. Helzberg Diamonds has a very stuffy dress code with button down shirts and jackets required. It's retail jewelry, not a bank. I was sorry I had wasted my time. I hate interviewers that call you in for an interview when they are already well staffed. Save yourself a headache and do not apply with Helzberg Diamonds.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Hanover, MD) in September 2010.

Interview

Do skills test online then a few days later got phone call for interview 1:1 with store manager, after pass u'll interview wit region manager, and store manager and then phone test. Then Background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

U can negotiate if u have experience.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (Austin, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online at the Helzburg Diamonds website and it took about 30 minutes to enter in all of the information. I was informed that a background check, credit check, and hair test would be required if hired for the job. I met one on one with the store manager of the location I applied at which was at a mall location. The interview was short and I was asked only a few questions. We talked about the the background and values of the company which all sounded very good. The manager was nice and the employees said they had worked there for several years and liked working there.

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about the company?   1 Answer

The pay was too low for what I was looking for in a sales position. Retail hours and location were also turnoffs for the job.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (El Paso, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

I had previously worked at the bank where store deposits were made and had a good friendship with the office manager at the time. While I was working at another location Near Helzberg, the office manager recruited me to fill her position as she was going out onto the sales floor. I had one interview with the Store Manager, it was brief as I already knew most of the staff. She offered me the job right then and I took an assessment over the phone. It was very easy. My interview was on a Tuesday and I started working the very next Monday.

Interview Questions

• Most questions are the normal interview questions. I was very nervous to meet the regional manager, but he was friendly and enjoyed talking with me. I believe that if you are honest and sincere, they see that and they like those type of people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did negotiate somewhat. At the job I was at when I received the offer I was making $12.00 an hour. This was a management position and I was offered $11.50 to start. However I was able to also make some commission and the pressure wasn't as high as my other job. So considering both I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in March 2010.

Interview

I applied online. The district manager set up my review with who was then the store manager of the Oak Park location. He was a little smug. He even looked me over and said he thought I had the look they were going for. I almost didn't return for my next interview with the district manager. But I did and that interview was great.

Interview Questions

• You really need strong sales experience. Mostly scenarios of how to handle customers.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Well they offered me a dollar less an hour of what I was currently making. With the promise of amazing commission potential.

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Helzberg Diamonds (McLean, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

Three interview are typical

Negotiation

They give a base pay and tell you how much you can make with commission which in the end is unrealistic.