Helzberg Diamonds

Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.8

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds.

Interview process at my time of hire was a 3-part process. It included two interviews and a telescreen session which verified I wasn't a crazy person or a liar. After successful hire, I was subjected to a hair drug screen, which was painless. The interview is set to be intimidating, but is much less difficult, and hiring is based of a good first impression. Dress well.

Interview Questions
No negotiation, based on wages.

Other Interview Reviews for Helzberg Diamonds

Sales Associate Interview

Longer process but thorough as they want a good fit for the store. Three interviews with three separate managers and then had another with a regional manager. Interview was straightforward with many behavioral questions. Sales and customer based questioning focusing on reactions.

Negotiation accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds.

I applied online, the manager called me and I went in for an interview, it lasted probably an hour, there was much social talking mixed in with regular interview questions. I was called back for a second interview both with store manager and the assistant manager, it was basically just more of the same. They offered me the job then and I started work the next week.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing difficult, this manager was very easy to talk to.   Answer Question
    Be sure you know what your STATUS is going to be before accepting a position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in September 2011.

Store manager was very interested in me due to my strong retail background. They seemed very friendly. but asked me personal questions during the first interview. That should have been my warning. This was followed by a pleasant, but lukewarm interview with the regional manager. I then had another interview and was told " My regional doesn't think that your enthusiastic for the job, but I'm willing to give you a shot" I was really taken back by this comment. It was very unprofessional and set a negative tone.

Interview Questions
    • Are you in a relationship or do you have any family ?   View Answer
    There was no room negotiation. I was lead to believe that I would earn enough Commission to make up for the low hourly wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanover, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in September 2010.

Do skills test online then a few days later got phone call for interview 1:1 with store manager, after pass u'll interview wit region manager, and store manager and then phone test. Then Background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    U can negotiate if u have experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in June 2010.

I applied online at the Helzburg Diamonds website and it took about 30 minutes to enter in all of the information. I was informed that a background check, credit check, and hair test would be required if hired for the job. I met one on one with the store manager of the location I applied at which was at a mall location. The interview was short and I was asked only a few questions. We talked about the the background and values of the company which all sounded very good. The manager was nice and the employees said they had worked there for several years and liked working there.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know anything about the company?   View Answer

The pay was too low for what I was looking for in a sales position. Retail hours and location were also turnoffs for the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in March 2010.

I applied online. The district manager set up my review with who was then the store manager of the Oak Park location. He was a little smug. He even looked me over and said he thought I had the look they were going for. I almost didn't return for my next interview with the district manager. But I did and that interview was great.

Interview Questions
    • You really need strong sales experience. Mostly scenarios of how to handle customers.   Answer Question
    Well they offered me a dollar less an hour of what I was currently making. With the promise of amazing commission potential.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds.

there was a total of 3 interviews. first, with the store manager. She asked about my jewelry experience in regards to length of experience and what i sold most. she also asked about my sales style (if Im a soft or hard closer); what my past sales numbers were; why i left my previous job. She asked me if i knew who Warren Buffet was and i did not. luckily, this wasn't a deal breaker, but i highly recommend knowing who he is, and about his decision to purchase helzberg in 1995. She also asked me to tell her about a time a customer was very angry and displeased and how i handled it. The second interview entailed an automated phone interview and i think that was when i also consented to a credit check (if you have significanty bad credit, you might not get the job). The phone interview asked questions about my experiences with coworker dishonesty, my reactions, my marijuana use--if I've ever experimented at all-- my friends' recreational use of marijuana, extacy, etc.), if I've ever been fired, my political views on the legalization of marijuana, if I'm answering honestly... and a bunch of other questions that will leave you anxiously waiting for the next question you might answer "incorrectly". the third interview entailed meeting the regional manager, which asked pretty much the same questions as the manager in the first interview. it was at this third interview that i was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really stumped me, so I'd have to go with the question about who Warren Buffet was - quite embarrassing not to know and a giant plus if you can discuss him.   Answer Question
    there was no negotiation. the job was offered, i accepted, and was asked to take a hair follicle test the same day.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in August 2010.

The order of this process can vary from person to person, however generally this is how it happens. After you apply, they first weed out who they might consider. Then they run your credit. Bad credit? Forget about working at Helzberg, they don't make exceptions. Next, they will call you in for an interview with the manager. If you make that cut you also have to make it through the background check and a phone interview with a security company. Be careful with your answers on the phone interview, it is slightly counter intuitive and not very many people pass. There is also a drug test (they use a hair sample) that you must pass. Next, if you have made it to the last stage you will have an interview with the Regional manager to make a final selection. This process can and did take around 3 weeks. This is a normal hiring time for Helzberg.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate my hourly pay slightly, and also work hour stipulations. If you have experience and something to back up your requests make sure you ask. Of course wait until after you have been offered the job for the pay - but I was very upfront about my personal priorities and what hours I would be working.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Helzberg Diamonds in July 2010.

This part was good, I was interviewed by not only the manager, but also the district manager and met with a long term employee also.

Very easy