Hendrick Automotive Group

Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hendrick Automotive Group

Sales Consultant Interview

Went well...I thought I was chosen from a bunch until I began work and noticed they had hired the majority of the room that could pass the salesman licensing course

Automotive Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hendrick Automotive Group.

take a drug test and sent to a lab. then a nice lady from HR department will call. Personal traits based on the VALS system. Blue personality name tag or a red one or a green. so you know how to approach fellow employees.

Interview Questions
    • Do you shy away from a question you do not know the answer to?   View Answer
    none just to watch a 30 minute sexual harassment video

Product Specialist/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hendrick Automotive Group.

I submitted my resume, and was called the same day for one of their Kansas City dealerships. I set up an appointment for the following day. I arrived and was handed 20 pages of paper work to fill out before my interview started. They wanted my social security number before I had even interviewed. My first interview lasted 10 minutes and was very informal. The interviewer asked me if I had a good home life, because "The women who do not last here, usually don't last because life isn't good at home, or they have kids to be there for, you don't have that problem do you?" The next two gentlemen I interviewed with great guys, they were very informative and honest about the upsides and downsides of their business.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't have any format, or structured questions to ask me. I really feel like they winged the interviews, and just asked specifics about my resume.   Answer Question

After speaking with all three interviewers, and their promise to work with me on scheduling, I could not commit to working (before) 9 am to 7 pm five to six days a week. They explained that coming in on your day off is a regular occurrence, if you want to succeed. I don't mind working many hours, but I didn't want to commit to being on the other side of town until 7pm every night.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hendrick Automotive Group in September 2014.

I responded to a Craigslist job posting and they called me in for an interview after I called to follow up on my resume submission. I was scheduled for a 10am interview. They asked a lot of sales questions and asked about sales experience. I interviewed with five sales managers and was offered the position that day.

Interview Questions
    It's commission and draw based system. There is no negotiation.

SERVICE ADVISOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hendrick Automotive Group in May 2013.

I had my resume submitted my a friend. I was interviewed by the four "big" bosses of the dealership. The controller, the service manager, the general manager, and the manager of the general manager. Interviews were relatively easy, although the top manager asked some tough questions and put me on the spot. Good for practice.

BDC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hendrick Automotive Group in February 2010.

Show up friendly, articulate, teachable, trainable, and ready for hard work. The usual things like dress professional, ask questions about the company and the role, ask in there is room for growth and upward mobility. If you have a call center or appointment setting experience, that's a plus. If you KNOW someone at that particular dealership, it goes a long way, also.

Interview Questions
    • What's your previous experience? Can you read from a script? When can you start? Pretty easy stuff, especially when they need "warm bodies" to sit in seats.   View Answer
    No negotiation. The managers tell you what they offer, take it or leave it. However, with hard work, the commission structure can be sweet.

Sales Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hendrick Automotive Group in July 2011.

Sales manager talked on on one...

Interview Questions
    • How are you with dealing with objections   View Answer