Hendrickson International

Updated Aug 12, 2014

3.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hendrickson International

Welder Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hendrickson International.

slow process to hire human resources moves slowly here dont know why it is this way worked here for 5 months really couldnt get a straight answer for things going on

Interview Questions
    • why the loss in wage to move me and my family out of state for my job   Answer Question

loss in wages by 4.00 an hour to move to kentucky

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hendrickson International.

Phone interview with HR Rep was very standard and easy. On site interview was scheduled for 1 hour each with 4 different people. It makes for a long day and eating lunch while trying to be at your best during the interview is quite awkward. They responded within a day that they wanted to move forward and I was given an offer and just a few days to respond.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a few very specific questions regarding material properties for a specific engineering material. This is the type of information that is easily referenced from a book or online and need not be memorized unless you are using it on a daily basis. I don't understand what they are trying to accomplish by asking this.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate the salary a little bit. They were not willing to negotiate at all on benefits.

Master Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kendallville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kendallville, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hendrickson International in August 2013.

Pre-screen, several phone interviews, in person interview with hiring manager and a direct report. Duplication of questions from both parties. Standard questions, task and experience related as well as reasons for previous position departures. They use an outside company for reference checking and that company representative seemed disinterested in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your experience in using lean as a scheduling improvement technique.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodridge, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hendrickson International in July 2009.

I've interviewed at this company several times over the years and found them to be disrespectful towards candidates. The first time I interviewed there, I took a half day off my job and drove 50+ miles to their location. I got there 10 minutes early for my scheduled time, and then sat there in the lobby for well over a half hour waiting for the manager to come get me for my interview. I met with several people, then they told me I had one more person to meet with. I sat in an office for 20 minutes waiting until someone came to tell me that last person was too busy and I'd have to come in some other time to meet with him.
    Last time I interviewed there, they stuck me in a room all day and different employees came in every hour to interview me. For lunch they tossed me a bag lunch to eat by myself! The last manager I met with asked me a series of "scenario" type questions, what would I do about someone in a team not providing what they were supposed to give to complete the project. After saying talk to the employee, talk to my manager, talk to the employees manager etc, that still wasn't good enough, the team member still won't get the work done, what would you do?????? I still haven't figured out what answer they were looking for me to give, bring in a gun and hold it to the slacker team member's head??
    Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice.... I wouldn't waste my time going there for another interview if you held a gun to my head! If they are this cold to candidates, I don't want to think how they treat their employees. Nice modern office though, too bad the hiring managers there aren't nice.

Interview Questions
    • Coworker won't finish his necessary work to get a project complete by deadline, what would I do?   View Answer