Henkel

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

2.9

Service Data Analyst II Interview

interviewed at Henkel in November 2014.

I was called in for the interview about 3 months from initially applying for the position. I was asked to create a powerpoint presentation for the interview. When I arrived, I was escorted to the office where the interview was to take place. It immediately started as soon as I stepped into the room. I was first welcomed and I introduced myself. One of the interviewers were stateside and the other was overseas as this was a video conference interview. I was asked to present my powerpoint presentation and was ask a series of questions. I felt no pressure from the experience and I was very impressed with how it was conducted.

R&D Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Henkel.

The interviewing process was rather simple. I applied online through the university career services site. Henkel contacted me through career services to schedule a phone interview. They asked basic behavioral questions and general questions about my job experience. A couple months later I was contacted with an offer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Henkel.

I applied online via my university's career website. About a week later, I received an e-mail informing me that I was going to be partaking in a phone interview with two people in the department I was applying for. The phone interview was fairly manageable. The interviewers took turns asking questions and then I finished the interview with my own questions for them. I was invited for a second round of interviewing. This was an in-person interview at their headquarters. The interviewers in this interview were high level directors within the department. Essentially, their questions were directly based on the information presented in my resume. That made me feel more comfortable during my interview. I ended up receiving a phone call the next morning and was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • There were no technical questions or excessively difficult questions, but I remember being asked about a time when I had to deal with conflict and how I went about resolving it.   Answer Question

Associate Tech Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Henkel.

I applied through the company website. I received a phone interview about 2 weeks later from a recruiter working with Henkel. This was followed by phone interview with the hiring manager. I was invited onsite for the interview, where I had to do a presentation followed by the one-to-one interviews. I got the tour of the facility afterwards.

Business Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Henkel.

I applied through their website and received an automated call and email to pick a time for a phone interview. This interview lasted 30min with a recruiter. I had applied for an engineering position but she convinced me to switch over to Business Development Specialist based on my background and salary requirements. She set up a phone call for me with the hiring manager for the next day. That lasted about 45 minutes and led to a flight out to interview in person. Both the recruiter and hiring manager expressed how hard it was for them find candidates for this position.

The on-site interview went great. I met the hiring manager, two other managers I would be working with in this position and their HR person. I spent half a day on site and left feeling great. I sent a thank you (no reply) another email a week later (no reply) and finally a voice-mail (no reply). Months later one of the "other managers" connected with me over LinkedIn. I scoured his connections and saw they hired someone internal to this position. I understand that's the way the world works, but I find it unacceptable to just ignore a candidate after an on-site interview.

If you apply for a job here and they repeatedly tell you they are having difficulty finding candidates, don't take it as a compliment. They are looking to hire internal but can't find an external candidate to bring in to justify due diligence on the candidate search.

Interview Questions
    • Are you an optimist? (that was easy, yes) But the followup was: "Can you give us some examples?"   View Answer
    • If you got this job, how long do you think it would take to get yourself up to speed and what would be your strategy?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Henkel.

You must prepare a 30 minute presentation, which is followed by a 30 minute questionnaire.
    There is a break in between and then it is followed by 3 roughly 30 minute interviews of questioning.

PRISM Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Hill, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Henkel in March 2014.

I went to a networking seminar from my college and met with the HR during the time. I networked and kept in touch and went to Henkel for a lunch with my contact. I applied online and gave all of my information. Within a couple weeks, I was contacted by an ADP-Henkel representative scheduling a time for my interview.

The day before my interview, there was a mandatory dinner at local restaurant. There was the panel of people that would be interviewing me as well as other candidates for the position. There were 8 of us in total, 4 girls, 4 boys and they chose 1 girl and 1 boy. The rotational program is set into two tracks, application engineering and sales. You have to mingle well and be confident in your ability to speak and socialize well to be a fit. Turns out, half had already interviewed that day and the other half would interview tomorrow.

The actual interview day started with a 10 minute presentation of why you want to be a part of the program. I talked about my skills, motivation, and diversity as well as some pictures at the end. The panel of three(HR, program manager/boss, director) then asked me various amounts of questions. Then I had a tour of the facility with someone else(application engineer) and that was a walking interview. Then had a 1 on 1 interview with the a sales manager. I would also have interviewed with current people in the program but the day was cut short.

I got another email asking to shadow with a sales representative and see what a day in the life would be like. I went around the sites he showed me how products would be used and just got a feel of what I would be doing. Got to learn more pros/cons, challenges, job satisfaction. After this part, I got a job offer by email after 2 days and I accepted.

Keys for this interview.
    Really prepare for the 10 minute presentation and answer and highlight yourself because the rest of the interview will be about the presentation.
    Know yourself, know your enemy and you will never be defeated-Sun Tzu
    Like any other interview, you will have 1 on 1 interviews as well so prepare and have a list of questions to prepare from.

Interview Questions
    • From sales, if you were dealing with a manger with an engineering background versus a blue collar worker, how would your approach differ when dealing with those people?
      Why did you pick your major?
      What is the most personal achievement you've made in the last year?
      Where do you see yourself in the future?
      What is the toughest interview question you've had?
      Tell me a time when you have worked with others? When someone let you down? When you worked with someone very difficult, how did you react?
      What are your hobbies?
      What do you do on your free time?
      Why did you pick Henkel?

Answer Question
    I was told non-negotiable but ask if the're flexible with the number and go from there.

Purchasing Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Henkel.

They came into a SCM class I was taking at ASU, I met with one of the gentlemen afterwards and communicated an interest in working for them. We set up an interview on campus that lasted for an hour, the interview went well and they called me a day or so later letting me know that I was hired after they ran a background check and all that stuff.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of Supply Chain oriented questions.   View Answer

PRISM Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Hill, CT

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Henkel in November 2013.

I received a phone call about two weeks after filing out an online application. I had a phone interview with a recruiter that week. About a month later, I was attending a conference where they interviewed me again. A month later, they flew me out to have a series of panel interviews. I learned a lot about the company and their expectations. They didn't give me an expected time to hear back so I kept contacting the recruiter for updates. A little offer a month later, the. Recruiter told me that I didn't receive the job.

Interview Questions
    • 10 minute presentation about why you want the job, with PowerPoint.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Environment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in State College, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Henkel in November 2013.

Interviewed by 2 individuals. Some of the questions that I was asked included what are some of my strengths and weaknesses. I got a first round interview through a career fair at my college and was contacted a month later saying that I will not be given the chance to have a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was an issue you ran into during your internships and how did you solve it?   Answer Question