Henkel Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Henkel.

Interview

Initial contact was made by a recruiter who arranged a phone interview with hiring manager.
    After the phone interview with the hiring manager, a few weeks later there was an on site interview with various managers. HR followed with typical background screening and made offer about 4-6 weeks after on site interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to convince and influence a group of peers.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Henkel (Cary, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for position online. The lab manager contacted by phone 3-4 weeks later to schedule a phone interview for a week later. Phone interview was very relaxed. Went over resume, he asked about my experience found on the resume. Told me there were quite a few applicants and if I was wanted for a second on-site interview, I would be contacted a week. I was called the next day for a second interview that was scheduled for a week later. The onsite interview was very laid back as well. I was given a tour of the lab and facilities, then interviewed by 4 different people, 30 minutes each. The lab manager was my last interviewer. He said I would be told in a week if I got the job. I was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• What types of instrumentation are you most familiar with? Have you ever had an conflicts with a coworker and how was it solved? Why did you choose your college major? Give an example of when you were able to multitask and did you succeed?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Henkel in January 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview arrived very fast, about 15 days since applied online. The HR lady said she would follow up. I haven't heard back for almost one month, I guess this is it.

Interview Questions

• Why Henkel?
      What interests you about this job? Why do you think you will be successful for this job?
      What are your short term goals and long term goals?
      What was your last important presentation? How did you proceed to a successful presentation?

Answer Question

PRISM Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salisbury, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Henkel (Salisbury, NC) in December 2014.

Interview

Initial interview was conducted at the career fair during the Annual Society of Women Engineers conference. After an initial interview with a Senior VP, an on-site interview was scheduled for over a month away. On-site interview with 3 rotations with 2 or 3 VP's and managers in each rotation. Rest of the time was spent touring the plant facility and waiting. Attended with total of 5 candidates (although candidates may be for other positions).

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Henkel in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online through their website. A few days later I received a call from one of their recruiting contractors. I had a 30-minute phone interview with the recruiting contractor and immediately afterwards she asked me to schedule for another 30-minute phone interview with one of the directors. A few days after that phone interview I was asked to come into the office to interview with five members of the team I would be working with. All of the interviewers' personalities were varied, so it required thorough preparation in order to respond adequately to all of their different questions.

Interview Questions

Application

interviewed at Henkel in November 2014.

Interview

I was called in for the interview about 3 months from initially applying for the position. I was asked to create a powerpoint presentation for the interview. When I arrived, I was escorted to the office where the interview was to take place. It immediately started as soon as I stepped into the room. I was first welcomed and I introduced myself. One of the interviewers were stateside and the other was overseas as this was a video conference interview. I was asked to present my powerpoint presentation and was ask a series of questions. I felt no pressure from the experience and I was very impressed with how it was conducted.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Henkel (Bridgewater, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Standard process. It was a long day interviewing individually with 6 or 7 people. Prepare for technical presentation. Did not receive any follow up call letting me know the status of my candidacy. I had to contact them.

R&D Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Henkel.

Interview

The interviewing process was rather simple. I applied online through the university career services site. Henkel contacted me through career services to schedule a phone interview. They asked basic behavioral questions and general questions about my job experience. A couple months later I was contacted with an offer.

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Henkel in October 2014.

Interview

Started with a phone interview which was straight forward. They emailed me later the same day to schedule an in-person interview at their facility. In-person interview was very relaxed and comfortable. Mostly resume questions. Got a phone call the next week with an offer which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance where you worked with a team and there was conflict. How did you handle it? (Not unexpected but definitely interested in teamworking skills)   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Henkel (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

I applied online via my university's career website. About a week later, I received an e-mail informing me that I was going to be partaking in a phone interview with two people in the department I was applying for. The phone interview was fairly manageable. The interviewers took turns asking questions and then I finished the interview with my own questions for them. I was invited for a second round of interviewing. This was an in-person interview at their headquarters. The interviewers in this interview were high level directors within the department. Essentially, their questions were directly based on the information presented in my resume. That made me feel more comfortable during my interview. I ended up receiving a phone call the next morning and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• There were no technical questions or excessively difficult questions, but I remember being asked about a time when I had to deal with conflict and how I went about resolving it.   Answer Question