Henkels & McCoy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

3.2

Sales Management Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Henkels & McCoy.

Interview

Several video prescreens and video conference interview. Didn't seem to take time to understand level of expertise in industry and technologies clearly evident on resume. Clearly had the skills, but wanted to isolate one are - professional services - which I had prior experience in. No one appears to have been selected since it has been re-posted and assigned to outsourced recruiter who called given experience.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to focus on professional services   1 Answer

Vocational Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Henkels & McCoy (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Two phase interview. After the second interview I waited several months before an official offer and start date was discussed. I had to call and check in a number of times in order to get any updates or feedback. The position title changed during this time as well as the full-time offer went to part-time with the possibility of becoming full-time.

Interview Questions

• Was asked to prepare a lesson plan to present. Questions seemed scripted and didn't seem natural or specific to the organization and position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told that after my probationary period my salary would increase. This did not happen.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Henkels & McCoy (Plymouth Meeting, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Very intensive. It started with a taped video interview. You do get 2 chances at each question. However, if you elect to redo your answer, you do not get to choose. You 2nd response is your final response. If they like you recorded video they invite you to a live video, which is approximately an hour in length. After that there are one, possibly two on site interviews with several sales executives. My interview lasted 1 1/2 hours. After that if approved, they will make an offer within a few days.

Interview Questions

• questions are numerous. One question was give an example of a major sale where you had to overcome challenges internally and what were they? How did you overcome them?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Henkels & McCoy in September 2014.

Interview

Self-recorded video answering 3 job related questions provided via pre-recorded video. Major technical issues if you are not using clean/HIGH speed internet. Took over two days, three computers and two cameras/microphones to Attempt to upload video interview, which kept cutting out. Limited to two response attempts per question, which unfortunately kept cutting out. Interview difficulty rated Very Difficult/Negative due to technical difficulties/frustration with video interview process.

Interview Questions

• Standard job related questions requiring a bit of thought   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Henkels & McCoy (Pomona, CA).

Interview

Applied online in January, called for a phone interview in March, an in-person interview late March, and offered in April.

The phone interview was very informal. The hiring manager/supervisor and HR manager spoke to me about the position, talked about previous work experience, and didn't ask any difficult, technical questions.

The in-person interview had the same two along with two regional executives. That interview was much more detailed on previous work experience, once again went over the position, and what I studied in school. Overall pretty easy interviews.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to travel?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I tried to negotiate, but they obviously had a window to stay within.

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Henkels & McCoy (Blue Bell, PA) in April 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward process. Began with a telephone screen and then they brought me into the office. It was a panel interview. Questions directly related to my experience and the job position. The team was also measuring my fit. This was a large piece of the process. How would I fit into the group and company culture.

Interview Questions

• Rate your self on a scale of 1 through 5 on each key expectation of the job, bullet by bullet.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be honest about what you are seeking up front. They will have dialog. No hidden agendas.

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Henkels & McCoy (Pomona, CA).

Interview

Steve from HR called me about a month after I applied, very nice, thorough and helpful as well as in his follow up emails. He set up two interviews and gave a good information about people I would be meeting with. Interview explained job role well.

Interview Questions

• They asked a question that was somewhat confusing at the time but made a lot of sense later. They asked how I would deal with monitoring the work done by payroll administrators even as I was not their supervisor but was still responsible for the accuracy and quality of their work. Ironically, this question rang in my ears for a long time--it was definitely a dilemma.   2 Answers

Negotiation

In my application I didn't ask for much of a raise from what I was making elsewhere due to the great need for a new job, during the interview I answered I would entertain any fair offer, when the offer letter came they offered me a considerable raise but with salary exempt status--previously I was hourly non-exempt.

Career Coach Interview

Interview

One initial interview with direct supervisor and then a second interview with next manager up.

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renovo, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Henkels & McCoy (Renovo, PA) in May 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was very short and over the phone. They needed someone fast to cover a job in Pennsylvania and they hired me sight unseen. At first, it seemed very legit. The man I spoke with seemed very well spoken and intelligent. I later saw the real side of the company. Their project and company planning was as disastrous as their hiring process. A bunch of people doing different things using dated technology that all just argue constantly.

Interview Questions

• None...they asked no difficult questions. Maybe "Where did you go to college and what degree did you receive?" Literally, that was it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. The money was great starting out ($2,000/week). I was thrilled. I thought I would receive this 52 weeks out of the year. I got cut wayyy back once they sent me back to the estimating office.

File Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Henkels & McCoy (San Diego, CA) in July 2011.

Interview

I had a panel interview. Sat with the AM, OM, and a couple of PM's. It was fairly easy, they made me feel comfortable and at ease. All smiling faces; offered me something to drink before the interview and made sure I wasn't nervous before starting.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you got stuck and couldn't complete a task?   1 Answer