Henkels & McCoy

6 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Corporate Position Interview

Blue Bell, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Henkels & McCoy in April 2014.

Interview Details – Very straight forward process. Began with a telephone screen and then they brought me into the office. It was a panel interview. Questions directly related to my experience and the job position. The team was also measuring my fit. This was a large piece of the process. How would I fit into the group and company culture.

Interview Question – Rate your self on a scale of 1 through 5 on each key expectation of the job, bullet by bullet.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be honest about what you are seeking up front. They will have dialog. No hidden agendas.

Project Controller Interview

Project Controller
Pomona, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Henkels & McCoy.

Interview Details – Steve from HR called me about a month after I applied, very nice, thorough and helpful as well as in his follow up emails. He set up two interviews and gave a good information about people I would be meeting with. Interview explained job role well.

Interview Question – They asked a question that was somewhat confusing at the time but made a lot of sense later. They asked how I would deal with monitoring the work done by payroll administrators even as I was not their supervisor but was still responsible for the accuracy and quality of their work. Ironically, this question rang in my ears for a long time--it was definitely a dilemma.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – In my application I didn't ask for much of a raise from what I was making elsewhere due to the great need for a new job, during the interview I answered I would entertain any fair offer, when the offer letter came they offered me a considerable raise but with salary exempt status--previously I was hourly non-exempt.

Career Coach Interview

Interviewed at Henkels & McCoy

Interview Details – One initial interview with direct supervisor and then a second interview with next manager up.

Scheduler Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Henkels & McCoy in April 2011.

Interview Details – I sent my credentials to a recruiter posting a job online. He called me the same day to set up a phone interview with the regional director. The next week I called the director and we talked for about 45 minutes. There were a number of fast-paced technical concept questions and a few on experience. Then there was space for my questions. The next day the recruiter called me and said they were extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• What from your experience has been the most challenging part of this type of role?   Answer Question
  • Please explain what the benefits are of WBS and resource loading.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Henkels & McCoy in January 2010.

Interview Details – A first a phone interview, then 2 group interviews to asses my qualifications, and past experience that fit both the job and the company.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult situation with a project you can recall in your past employment and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Scheduler Interview

Project Scheduler

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Henkels & McCoy in September 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview set up with HR Manager, Lead Scheduler & Project Management Director. After the interview it seemed like they were really impressed & interested (and they genuinely were). But being an international I needed visa sponsorship to which they denied after inquiring with their HR department.

Interview process was very technical from the beginning as HR did not show up. Project Director & Scheduler both grilled pretty well regarding my experience and expertise. They will ask you in detail about your experience

Q1. Tell me about your exp?
Q2. What is your scheduling exp?
Q3 Since when are you using P6, P3 & MSP
Q4. Have you used resource leveling?
Q5 Walk me through the process of developing a schedule (step by step ans is expected)

I had done good research about all the people who were interviewing me. And they appreciate that fact. I had a 30 min interview which went on for 45-50 mins

Interview Question – What is linear scheduling used for/ what is your exp (I was honest I had none)   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Henkels & McCoy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Henkels & McCoy interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Henkels & McCoy employees and interview candidates.