Henkels & McCoy Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2014
Updated Jun 30, 2014

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Henkels & McCoy.

Applied online in January, called for a phone interview in March, an in-person interview late March, and offered in April.

The phone interview was very informal. The hiring manager/supervisor and HR manager spoke to me about the position, talked about previous work experience, and didn't ask any difficult, technical questions.

The in-person interview had the same two along with two regional executives. That interview was much more detailed on previous work experience, once again went over the position, and what I studied in school. Overall pretty easy interviews.

Interview Questions
    I tried to negotiate, but they obviously had a window to stay within.

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Blue Bell, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Henkels & McCoy in April 2014.

Very straight forward process. Began with a telephone screen and then they brought me into the office. It was a panel interview. Questions directly related to my experience and the job position. The team was also measuring my fit. This was a large piece of the process. How would I fit into the group and company culture.

Interview Questions
    • Rate your self on a scale of 1 through 5 on each key expectation of the job, bullet by bullet.   Answer Question
    Be honest about what you are seeking up front. They will have dialog. No hidden agendas.

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Henkels & McCoy.

Steve from HR called me about a month after I applied, very nice, thorough and helpful as well as in his follow up emails. He set up two interviews and gave a good information about people I would be meeting with. Interview explained job role well.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a question that was somewhat confusing at the time but made a lot of sense later. They asked how I would deal with monitoring the work done by payroll administrators even as I was not their supervisor but was still responsible for the accuracy and quality of their work. Ironically, this question rang in my ears for a long time--it was definitely a dilemma.   View Answers (2)
    In my application I didn't ask for much of a raise from what I was making elsewhere due to the great need for a new job, during the interview I answered I would entertain any fair offer, when the offer letter came they offered me a considerable raise but with salary exempt status--previously I was hourly non-exempt.

Career Coach Interview

One initial interview with direct supervisor and then a second interview with next manager up.

Project Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Renovo, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renovo, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Henkels & McCoy in May 2012.

Hiring process was very short and over the phone. They needed someone fast to cover a job in Pennsylvania and they hired me sight unseen. At first, it seemed very legit. The man I spoke with seemed very well spoken and intelligent. I later saw the real side of the company. Their project and company planning was as disastrous as their hiring process. A bunch of people doing different things using dated technology that all just argue constantly.

Interview Questions
    • None...they asked no difficult questions. Maybe "Where did you go to college and what degree did you receive?" Literally, that was it.   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. The money was great starting out ($2,000/week). I was thrilled. I thought I would receive this 52 weeks out of the year. I got cut wayyy back once they sent me back to the estimating office.

Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Henkels & McCoy in April 2011.

I sent my credentials to a recruiter posting a job online. He called me the same day to set up a phone interview with the regional director. The next week I called the director and we talked for about 45 minutes. There were a number of fast-paced technical concept questions and a few on experience. Then there was space for my questions. The next day the recruiter called me and said they were extending an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What from your experience has been the most challenging part of this type of role?   Answer Question
    • Please explain what the benefits are of WBS and resource loading.   Answer Question

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Henkels & McCoy in September 2010.

phone interview was informal. Not sure what else to say, not too many questions just information on the project. Said they were looking for someone and i said i would come out.

none

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Henkels & McCoy in January 2010.

A first a phone interview, then 2 group interviews to asses my qualifications, and past experience that fit both the job and the company.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult situation with a project you can recall in your past employment and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Scheduler Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Henkels & McCoy in September 2012.

I had a phone interview set up with HR Manager, Lead Scheduler & Project Management Director. After the interview it seemed like they were really impressed & interested (and they genuinely were). But being an international I needed visa sponsorship to which they denied after inquiring with their HR department.

Interview process was very technical from the beginning as HR did not show up. Project Director & Scheduler both grilled pretty well regarding my experience and expertise. They will ask you in detail about your experience

Q1. Tell me about your exp?
    Q2. What is your scheduling exp?
    Q3 Since when are you using P6, P3 & MSP
    Q4. Have you used resource leveling?
    Q5 Walk me through the process of developing a schedule (step by step ans is expected)

I had done good research about all the people who were interviewing me. And they appreciate that fact. I had a 30 min interview which went on for 45-50 mins

Interview Questions
    • What is linear scheduling used for/ what is your exp (I was honest I had none)   Answer Question

Worked for Henkels & McCoy? Contribute to the Community!