Hennepin County Medical Center Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
6 interviews

2.8

Registered Nurse Interview

The hiring process was extremely long and drawn out. No updates in between requests for information and random multiple interviews. Must have had 6-7 interviews for a nursing job! I think everyone in the department wanted to be "part of the process" including the doctors for Pete's sakes. When I met the staff in the department they appeared angry and tried to intimidate me. Rediculous unprofessional behavior noted- should have been my first clue to hostile hospital culture. The Clinical Supervisor seemed nice initially but clearly in way over her head with this unit and job. HR was nice initially but did not find them helpful during the interviewing/ hiring process. When the offer was made, there was no room for negotiating anything. "Here's the job, here's the money". Interview questions from HR, Clinical Supervisor and staff were misleading to the actual job and company culture. The job description given to me was generic and not at all what was required for the actual job.

Interview Questions
    • Some unrelated questions asked of me , which made me feel uncomfortable.   Answer Question

Hostile workplace

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online - interviewed at Hennepin County Medical Center in April 2014.

Phone screening, 1:2, 1:4.

Process moved quick but suddenly stopped. HR was professional, thorough and approachable. Wouldve liked some feedback while waiting. I didn't get any so I continued my search.
    Office culture seemed a bit...intimidated.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time... Give me an example of... How do you react to...   Answer Question

It took 8 weeks. I received another offer in the meantime and like where I am.

Licensed Practical Nurse Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hennepin County Medical Center in April 2014.

It was a very lengthy process. I recieved an initial screening interview, then within a day or so, was invited for a 2:1 face to face. There was then a long period of hearing nothing. I then recieved an email which asked for my references, which they needed within a couple of days. Then, nothing again for a couple of weeks and finally, recieved an offer. By then, I had recieved a tempting offer from another business and opted to accept that.

Interview Questions

The waiting period from initial interview took about 3-4 weeks and I had recieved a nice offer while waiting

IT Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hennepin County Medical Center in March 2014.

The initial interview was with an HR representative and she wasn't very professional. Also, the job posting was written very vaguely so it turned out that I wasn't qualified for the position. Having done hiring for some time, I can say that it's not terribly difficult to accurately reflect the position requirements in a job posting. Disappointing experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer was asking about principle responsibilities not covered in the job posting.   Answer Question

Call Center Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hennepin County Medical Center in January 2012.

The office culture seems like WARNING, when I enjoyed the Manager, but supervisors feel intimidated, no follow up only dismissive call from HR director stating we are still looking, and all canidates will be notified. Then she began taking defense of her HR recruiter stating I had been called. I had sent a thank you email with no response.

Lead Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hennepin County Medical Center in March 2008.

it was a simple interview about my work experience and customer service sills

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hennepin County Medical Center

Worked for Hennepin County Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!