Henry M. Jackson Foundation

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied through other source and interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation.

Interview Details – There was one HR person and one supervisor at the interview. They mostly gave an overview of what the job entailed and what the benefits were. They only asked me a couple of questions about myself and experience.They asked about specific knowledge of certain lab techniques and procedures. I later found out that they embellished the actual job description.

Interview Question – Do you know what Real-time PCR is and can you explain it?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation.

Interview Details – Brief phone interview followed by in person interview with 3 person panel. Reference check with past supervisor

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

Regulatory Interview

Regulatory

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation.

Interview Details – The interview process consisted of a phone screen then face to face. Due to the fact that the phone screen was very detailed and exact the face to face seemed more relaxed. All in all it was a fair experience with a lot of situational questions.

Interview Question – How would you manage an unexpected due date and the manager was not available.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – A better offer came through two days later.

Research Coordinator Interview

Research Coordinator
Fort Carson, CO

I applied through other source - interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation in December 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview for a different position and a few months later another position cropped up and I was invited to apply for the position.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to work here?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I told them my history of poor pay and what I knew what to expect and they met my requirement.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation in August 2012.

Interview Details – My situation was unique because I was offered this position through a nearby university. Therefore there was no traditional interview process from HJF directly. I had a short conversation with an HJF human resources generalist but it was relatively straightfoward asking me if I thought my offer was acceptable.

Interview Question – My primary question was concerning the offer HJF had made me (of which I had already known about going into the phone call).   Answer Question

Research Lab Manager Interview

Research Lab Manager
Rockville, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation.

Interview Details – Very simple and no surprises. Met with HR and went over policies, benefits, etc.

Interview Question – My worst characteristics vs. my best   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Dayton, OH

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation in March 2011.

Interview Details – My entire interview was done over the phone by my current Program Manager and the Lab officials at the site. After the interview I was told that I was one of the most pleasant interviewees and pretty much that they would like to offer me the job. I was told I would be hearing from HR in a few days and within a week the offer was sent, negotiatedand I accepted it and moved from Marylnad to Ohio. Was very smooth.

Interview Question – I was only asekd about my experience from my resume and typical questions regarding if I was a team player and how I would handle situations where there was conflict in the workplace or if I was in situation where I could fabricate test results and what I would do.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They were open to negotiation and met me halfway. I requested relocation which was not part of the contract but they worked it so I got it in the form of a bonus.

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Bethesda, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation in November 2008.

Interview Details – The Project Director, Lab Manager, and Team Lead interviewed me. The Project Director was weird - he would lean forward and stare at me intensely in a way that was rude and would have made most people feel uncomfortable. The Team Lead knew the job I was interviewing for and was enthusiastic about my qualifications. The Lab Manager just kind of nodded his head at everything and seemed impressed with me as well.

Interview Question – Can you cite an instance where you did not get along with an employee and how you handled it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Poor. I was told "this is the salary."

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation in October 2009.

Interview Details – Well relaxed interview. Review of resume and military experience.

Interview Question – When can you start?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Prepare a list of desired benefit package and salary range. Start high

Clinical Research Interview

Clinical Research

The process took a day - interviewed at Henry M. Jackson Foundation in March 2010.

Interview Details – The HR contact was very informal. The two on one interview was slightly structured.

Negotiation Details – There was no flexibility with salary, some with vacation time.

Worked for Henry M. Jackson Foundation? Contribute to the Community!