Henry Schein

Getting the Interview

24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Henry Schein.

Interview Details – The Initial Human Resource screening was done in person which I think is much more helpful for both parties to see if it's a "good fit". The 1st and 2nd interviews were very professional. I would say they asked the standard interview questions type questions, but done in a more conversational way. I was pleasantly surprised at how positive the interviewers were of the company and the culture. My first impressions were very positive.

Interview Question – "Why do you want this job?" An excellent question, but I didn't expect them to be so direct.   View Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst
Melville, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Henry Schein in December 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process for this position took place during my employment as an intern in another department within the company. Within the space of two days, three interviews took place along with a series of meet and greets. The primary focus in each of these interviews and meetings was to determine whether or not the candidate is a good cultural fit. My perception was that qualifications, situational questions, & behavioral questions were all subordinate relative to items relating to cultural fit.

Interview Question – Who are you outside of your life as a professional?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negeotiate up about 4% from the initial offer.

Materials II Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Henry Schein in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had three interviews with different Supervisors and I had a great impression of the company until I actually got out there and saw how everything that shines isn't gold.

Interview Question – I had no problems with any of the questions and they were quite impressed with me. Both shift supervisors wanted me.   Answer Question

Field Sales Consultant Interview

Field Sales Consultant
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Henry Schein in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted the next day by an administrative assistant to schedule a phone interview with the regional manager. The phone interview lasted about 30 minutes - the first 15 minutes the regional manager asked questions and the last 15 minutes I was given the opportunity to ask questions.

Interview Questions

• What are you good at? (I was asked this question about four times after providing an answer to the previous question)   Answer Question
  • What are you bad at or what do you not want to do? (I was asked this again after providing an answer the first time)   Answer Question
  • On a scale from 1-10, how would your last three employer(s) rate you?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

American Fork, UT

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Henry Schein in January 2012.

Interview Details – Initial interview where they weed out undesirables, then a second interview where they will basically give you a good indication of whether you will be offered the job (and where you have some leeway with negotiating salary). HR extends the official offer within a day or two.

Interview Question – Theoretical questions where they put me in a situation where I'm talking to an angry office (gave different reasons) and how I would deal with that. Also asked how I deal with stress.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They said that the salary was based on experience but starts at 11/hour I argued that because of my degree and work experience I was expecting more. I asked for 15/hour, we settled on 13/hour.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
American Fork, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Henry Schein.

Interview Details – Referred by a friend because of their referral bonus. Interviewed with department head, took a tour of the facilities, then met with HR to discuss pay. After initial meeting they called my references then called back and offered me a job. They didn't give me much info on the day to day tasks but did promise lots of upward mobility which I generally found to be incorrect

Negotiation Details – Set in stone. They have a rate and they won't budge

Dental Field Sales Consultant Interview

Dental Field Sales Consultant
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Henry Schein.

Interview Details – Had an interview with the zone manager and national recruiter. Then had a follow up interview with the area regional manager, along with a couple of assessments. After that, had a call to review test results, where an informal offer was given. Following that there was a phone interview with the regional manager of where I would be relocating. After a fit was matched, a formal offer was given.

Interview Question – What will you say to the secretary that hates the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty basic offer, not too much room for negotiation.

Sales Plan Coordinator Or Call Cebter Representative Interview

West Allis, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Henry Schein in May 2011.

Interview Details – Very friendly, they ask the typical STAR questions and tell us about a ad habit that you have..

Interview Question – Tell us about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Really no consideration. The pay is not told up until they poresent you with an offer. Relax and be yourself. Everyone at the company is real laid back and friendly!

Very Easy Interview

IT Interview

Melville, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Henry Schein in January 2011.

Interview Details – It was a one-on-one interview that lasted less than fifteen minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It was straight talk with no beating around the bush. To others who intind to interview for a position, be yourself and use keywords that are related to the position

Information Technology Interview

Melville, NY

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Henry Schein in September 2010.

Interview Details – Human resources did the first interview 1:1 which was a informational interview. Asked couple of question on resume and work experience. They were gate keepers before the people you had to impress. Than I had a 1:1 with the boss. He made sure I knew what he wanted me to do on a daily basis. Pushed me tell him how I did work in the areas he was interested in. Was very easy going and talkative. Was looking for skeletons in the closet.

Interview Question – There was no real difficult or unexpected question it was more what you did say and not say. It seemed to me they were waiting for you to prompt them in a direction you did not want to go.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Do not negotiate up front. They are at best cheap to start. They know what they want have multiple candidates for most jobs and let you know that. From what I hear it take a couple of years to get comparable or better pay then your peers.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Henry Schein? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Henry Schein interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Henry Schein employees and interview candidates.