Herbalife Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2014

2.5

Manager, Consumer and Distributor Insights (NAM) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Herbalife in July 2014.

I was contacted through LinkedIn. After submitting my resume, a first 30-minute interview was setup with the hiring manager. Half an hour before it, I was called asking to delay it for one hour. When she finally called (still a little later), she seemed to be having lunch or busy with something else at the same time she kept saying just "tell me about you." Then, abruptly, she apologized and asked me to put me on hold. After about 10 minutes, she returned just to keep asking "keep talking about you." That was it. After about 18 minutes, including 10 minutes waiting, she suddenly said "Well next step will be talking to the team you'll work with. They are going to call you ... or you can call them ..." (?) Of course, no one calls. When I emailed the first contact for following up the interview, she responded she had no feedback yet about it. A week later I receive a hurry VM and email to call back immediately in order to set up a round of interviews. 2 hours later another email saying that the hiring manager decided to delay the interview round for about 2 weeks. I'm still waiting ... 45 days and counting... It was a very disappointing, very disorganized interview. As someone who was contacted by them, I think I deserved at least a feedback. But there was only silence.

Junior Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

interviewed at Herbalife in July 2013.

Submitted resume and received a phone call two weeks later. Interviewed two weeks after that and met with a few of the senior finance analysts. Discussed the expectations of the position and the typical day in the life of an Herbalife employee. Did not follow up or receive a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Why choose a company with an active lifestyle like Herbalife?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Herbalife in January 2013.

Done through recruiter, was organized, standard questions however we not clear about expectations. Have learned this is the norm so had a list of duties in the job description that I don't get to actually do. If I knew it then would not have taken the job.

Senior Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Herbalife in May 2014.

Initial screening process was via a recruiter. I was screened on email for generic questions like why you want to look for a different employment, salary expected, work experiences etc. Then after 10 days a phone interview happened with 3 people. I was asked on my current projects. General Oracle supply chain questions, some project management experience related stuff. Then a 2nd round interview was scheduled after 3 weeks. This time the hiring manager called up and explained the job profile for which they were looking for candidates. Discussion went on similar lines. Then they scheduled a face to face interview at Herbalife office after a week with the reporting managers and HR. This time more work experience related questions were asked. HR discussion was generic. After 3-4 days they said another candidate has been hired for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking at Herbalife as an employment option.   Answer Question

Lab Assistant- QC Interview

contacted by HR, initial phone interview, panel interview, and then interview with manager.

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Herbalife in January 2014.

Began with a standard 15 min phone interview and the quickly progressed to an in person interview. At the in person interview I met with the entire department team, 5 in total. The in person interview lasted 2 hrs, but was rushed because of everyone's schedules. I believe, if given the time, each team member would have had around 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Very concerned with fit to the position and team. This was more true because of the position and the small team I would be working with however.   Answer Question

Chemist III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Herbalife in January 2014.

Job description was accurate and helpful in understanding expectations. HR rep was very professional and offered useful information about the role and interview expectations. Both interviewers were pleasant and prepared for the interview. Questions were well chosen from one interviewee. The interview process went smoothly with sufficient time for discussion.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was concerning a part of the job description that I didn't have much experience in. Said I was willing to take on new challenges and get training.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Herbalife in April 2013.

There are typically 3 interviews. The first one is usually done by someone from the team that you are applying to work in. This interview is simple and is just to get a feel about the person and make sure that it is not going to be a waste of time. The next 2 interviews will be face to face and will have the entire team and managers.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a project you have worked on in detail. Provide details from inception to go live.   Answer Question
    I was already a consultant in the company so it was very simple.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Herbalife.

First, they have you do an initial phone interview with an HR person. This is pretty casual where you go over your resume with them. Then they call you in 2-3 days to schedule an interview on site. They have you interview with an executive from the department and a senior again from the same department.

Interview Questions
    • They tell you what the job entails and try to get an understanding of what you have done previously that is related to the position.   Answer Question
    I thought the offer was close to the market rate so I didn't negotiate.

Timewasters Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Torrance, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Herbalife in December 2013.

Total time wasters.

Had endured a long telephone screen with a 2 week+ wait to be invited in for face to face interview.
    Took PTO to attend and was cancelled with only a few hours to attend with no explanation, only "scheduling issues". If this is how you want to treat prospective employees and then ignore further communication, then avoid like the plague. The HR Dept suck.

Interview Questions
    • How do you go about working with challenging stakeholders?   Answer Question

Worked for Herbalife? Contribute to the Community!