Herbalife

Relevance Date Difficulty

Junior Finance Analyst Interview

Junior Finance Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed at Herbalife in July 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume and received a phone call two weeks later. Interviewed two weeks after that and met with a few of the senior finance analysts. Discussed the expectations of the position and the typical day in the life of an Herbalife employee. Did not follow up or receive a call back.

Interview Question – Why choose a company with an active lifestyle like Herbalife?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Herbalife in January 2013.

Interview Details – Done through recruiter, was organized, standard questions however we not clear about expectations. Have learned this is the norm so had a list of duties in the job description that I don't get to actually do. If I knew it then would not have taken the job.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult all very standard   Answer Question

Senior Applications Analyst Interview

Senior Applications Analyst
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Herbalife in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial screening process was via a recruiter. I was screened on email for generic questions like why you want to look for a different employment, salary expected, work experiences etc. Then after 10 days a phone interview happened with 3 people. I was asked on my current projects. General Oracle supply chain questions, some project management experience related stuff. Then a 2nd round interview was scheduled after 3 weeks. This time the hiring manager called up and explained the job profile for which they were looking for candidates. Discussion went on similar lines. Then they scheduled a face to face interview at Herbalife office after a week with the reporting managers and HR. This time more work experience related questions were asked. HR discussion was generic. After 3-4 days they said another candidate has been hired for the position.

Interview Question – Why are you looking at Herbalife as an employment option.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lab Assistant- QC Interview

Lab Assistant- QC

Interviewed at Herbalife

Interview Details – contacted by HR, initial phone interview, panel interview, and then interview with manager.

Interview Question – specific lab technique questions   Answer Question

Business Operations Analyst Interview

Business Operations Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Herbalife in January 2014.

Interview Details – Began with a standard 15 min phone interview and the quickly progressed to an in person interview. At the in person interview I met with the entire department team, 5 in total. The in person interview lasted 2 hrs, but was rushed because of everyone's schedules. I believe, if given the time, each team member would have had around 45 minutes.

Interview Question – Very concerned with fit to the position and team. This was more true because of the position and the small team I would be working with however.   Answer Question

Chemist III Interview

Chemist III
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Herbalife in January 2014.

Interview Details – Job description was accurate and helpful in understanding expectations. HR rep was very professional and offered useful information about the role and interview expectations. Both interviewers were pleasant and prepared for the interview. Questions were well chosen from one interviewee. The interview process went smoothly with sufficient time for discussion.

Interview Question – Most difficult question was concerning a part of the job description that I didn't have much experience in. Said I was willing to take on new challenges and get training.   Answer Question

Senior Applications Analyst Interview

Senior Applications Analyst
Torrance, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Herbalife in April 2013.

Interview Details – There are typically 3 interviews. The first one is usually done by someone from the team that you are applying to work in. This interview is simple and is just to get a feel about the person and make sure that it is not going to be a waste of time. The next 2 interviews will be face to face and will have the entire team and managers.

Interview Question – Please describe a project you have worked on in detail. Provide details from inception to go live.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was already a consultant in the company so it was very simple.

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Torrance, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Herbalife.

Interview Details – First, they have you do an initial phone interview with an HR person. This is pretty casual where you go over your resume with them. Then they call you in 2-3 days to schedule an interview on site. They have you interview with an executive from the department and a senior again from the same department.

Interview Question – They tell you what the job entails and try to get an understanding of what you have done previously that is related to the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I thought the offer was close to the market rate so I didn't negotiate.

Timewasters Interview

Timewasters
Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Herbalife in December 2013.

Interview Details – Total time wasters.

Had endured a long telephone screen with a 2 week+ wait to be invited in for face to face interview.
Took PTO to attend and was cancelled with only a few hours to attend with no explanation, only "scheduling issues". If this is how you want to treat prospective employees and then ignore further communication, then avoid like the plague. The HR Dept suck.

Interview Question – How do you go about working with challenging stakeholders?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Torrance, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Herbalife in December 2013.

Interview Details – I initially applied online via monster and then got a call from a HR representative a couple weeks later. After initial discussions over the phone about my general background I was invited for a first round interview at the Torrance location. I got to meet with the HR representative and then interviewed with the hiring manager. During the interview the manager wanted to know about my experience as well as my excel skills and thought process. After the interview I received a call with feedback regarding the interview - it was positive on both ends and was then invited back the following week for a second round interview. This time I met with the VP of the department - this meeting was used to determine personality more so than qualifications. The interview went well and the HR person asked permission to run a background check. FYI - Herbalife currently uses HireRight for background checks and I can attest that they are a very slow and incompetent company to deal with. After the background check was completed, I was given an offer of employment.

HR is really friendly and I believe the benefits are pretty good.

Interview Question – Most difficult question came from the VP of the Department: "Where do you see yourself in the company?"
This question did not reference where I saw my self 5 years from now, but was more of a generalized question on how I thought I would make a difference after joining the company.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There isn't a real negotiation phase. Herbalife takes on the mentality that they try to give you their "Best" offer from the beginning. Most of the benefits are non negotiable.

Worked for Herbalife? Contribute to the Community!