Herff Jones

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Herff Jones.

Interview Details – It was an average interview. Questions answers.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult situation have I've been in.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Horrible office, although people are very nice!

Very Easy Interview

Sewer Interview

Sewer

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Herff Jones.

Interview Details – interview process was a simple process, not a difficult question/ answer session. Basic questions, to do a basic job.

Interview Question – lifting requirements for the job is a minimum of 50 pounds, the wording of the question and abilities was wordy and confusing.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Herff Jones.

Interview Details – The whole process was 90 days. During the process it seemed the company was losing interest due to length but the were being through. I applied through Monster received a phone call interview. Next was a more formal face to face interview with me providing specific references.My references were interviewed. I received a full background check. I participated on an online personality test. Next was a formal face to face interview. Then was flown to headquarters for a day of interviews and drug testing. Although the process was long I believe it was well worth it.

Interview Question – During the online personality test there were random IQ related questions which I did not expect.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Position - Sports - Ring Division Interview

Inside Sales Position - Sports - Ring Division
Warwick, RI

I applied online - interviewed at Herff Jones in October 2012.

Interview Details – I contacted Herff Jones via electronic resume for a position in their Sports - Ring Division. I was pleasantly contacted about a week later and was asked if I would be interested in an interview. I was given a choice of days and or times which was a nice luxury. Upon my arrival, I was stopped by a security officer as I entered the building and asked my reason for being there. I was directed to a large glass window where I was given numerous forms to fill out. They took a good 20 minutes, I returned to the window and was told to wait for my interviewer. She came out after about 10 minutes and I was led to a large nearby meeting room. I had done a lot of homework on the divion and the company before the interview and it paid off. I was asked about my unusual resume and whether I could adjust to a full time position with defined hours. (Nearly all of my professional life has been on my own schedule or a floating, flexible one.) She was courteous, professional, driven, creative, and open to some flexibility. Contrary to some reports I've read about Herff Jones, they seem to be adapting to the new workforce dynamics and progressive technology. I asked directly about some of what I read, right here at glassdoor.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I faced was about the salary I was looking for. I have not interviewed for a corporate position in some time and only had ranges on my mind. After delaying my answer, I was told what was budgeted. I was happy with the salary & the employee ownership bonus after being vested in seven years.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Production
Armonk, NY

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Herff Jones in March 2008.

Interview Details – Quick initial contact, but then took very long in finalizing offer. When offer came it came as a contractor position even though offered as full time. Seem like extraordinary amount of background checking for position.

Interview Question – Do you think your religious beliefs may affect your work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Was able to increase rate of pay but had to initially work as a contractor with no benefits. Seemed to do that to all new employees.

Production Interview

Production
Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Herff Jones in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview followed typical interviewing protocol. The questions were fair and relative to the employer. I was given a tour of the entire plant and introduced to different managers. I was given the opportunity to ask questions about the job. The interviewer was professional in both appearance and demeanor. I arrived on time and she was prepared for the interview.

Interview Question – Work experience.   View Answer

Sales Representative (Rings, Caps, Gowns, Etc ) Interview

Sales Representative (Rings, Caps, Gowns, Etc )

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Herff Jones in October 2010.

Interview Details – Corporate interview seems to hinge on 2 components:
1) Calipher personality test - results considered to be highly reliable by the executive
2) 1:1 interview- In hindsight, I would suggest the candidate walk in, take charge, and use all components of a sales call right down to the closing statement to sell yourself during this interview. This modeling of your sales mentality and technique is NOT requested NOR disclosed as part of your scorecard but definitely seems to be the way you're judged in the end. Be very concise in responding to any questions. This is definitely NOT a warm, getting-to know you type interview.Best of luck in your job search!

Interview Question – No questions were difficult - only odd - unless you realize that the hidden agenda seems to be that you are expected to be aggressively selling yourself via all components of a typical sales call as opposed to having them ask you questions as in a traditional interview. This is never stated nor are you told in advance. However, there are definitely indications that this is a key expectation.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Purchasing Interview

Purchasing

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Herff Jones in May 2008.

Interview Details – Very straight forward

Interview Question – Asked about background and experience with their purchasing system   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight forward

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Herff Jones? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Herff Jones interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Herff Jones employees and interview candidates.