Herff Jones

Updated Aug 7, 2014
Updated Aug 7, 2014

2.6

IT Specialist Interview

The hiring process is quick and easy they either like you or they don't. prior experience isn't that big of a factor. The manager was nice. The Place looks like its a good place. Go in there confident. The interviews are one on one. You are not attacked.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Herff Jones.

It was an average interview. Questions answers.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult situation have I've been in.   Answer Question

Horrible office, although people are very nice!

Sewer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Herff Jones.

interview process was a simple process, not a difficult question/ answer session. Basic questions, to do a basic job.

Interview Questions
    • lifting requirements for the job is a minimum of 50 pounds, the wording of the question and abilities was wordy and confusing.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Herff Jones.

The whole process was 90 days. During the process it seemed the company was losing interest due to length but the were being through. I applied through Monster received a phone call interview. Next was a more formal face to face interview with me providing specific references.My references were interviewed. I received a full background check. I participated on an online personality test. Next was a formal face to face interview. Then was flown to headquarters for a day of interviews and drug testing. Although the process was long I believe it was well worth it.

Interview Questions
    • During the online personality test there were random IQ related questions which I did not expect.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Position - Sports - Ring Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warwick, RI

I applied online – interviewed at Herff Jones in October 2012.

I contacted Herff Jones via electronic resume for a position in their Sports - Ring Division. I was pleasantly contacted about a week later and was asked if I would be interested in an interview. I was given a choice of days and or times which was a nice luxury. Upon my arrival, I was stopped by a security officer as I entered the building and asked my reason for being there. I was directed to a large glass window where I was given numerous forms to fill out. They took a good 20 minutes, I returned to the window and was told to wait for my interviewer. She came out after about 10 minutes and I was led to a large nearby meeting room. I had done a lot of homework on the divion and the company before the interview and it paid off. I was asked about my unusual resume and whether I could adjust to a full time position with defined hours. (Nearly all of my professional life has been on my own schedule or a floating, flexible one.) She was courteous, professional, driven, creative, and open to some flexibility. Contrary to some reports I've read about Herff Jones, they seem to be adapting to the new workforce dynamics and progressive technology. I asked directly about some of what I read, right here at glassdoor.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I faced was about the salary I was looking for. I have not interviewed for a corporate position in some time and only had ranges on my mind. After delaying my answer, I was told what was budgeted. I was happy with the salary & the employee ownership bonus after being vested in seven years.   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Herff Jones in January 2009.

The interview followed typical interviewing protocol. The questions were fair and relative to the employer. I was given a tour of the entire plant and introduced to different managers. I was given the opportunity to ask questions about the job. The interviewer was professional in both appearance and demeanor. I arrived on time and she was prepared for the interview.

Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Herff Jones in March 2008.

Quick initial contact, but then took very long in finalizing offer. When offer came it came as a contractor position even though offered as full time. Seem like extraordinary amount of background checking for position.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think your religious beliefs may affect your work?   View Answer
    Was able to increase rate of pay but had to initially work as a contractor with no benefits. Seemed to do that to all new employees.

Sales Representative (Rings, Caps, Gowns, Etc ) Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Herff Jones in October 2010.

Corporate interview seems to hinge on 2 components:
    1) Calipher personality test - results considered to be highly reliable by the executive
    2) 1:1 interview- In hindsight, I would suggest the candidate walk in, take charge, and use all components of a sales call right down to the closing statement to sell yourself during this interview. This modeling of your sales mentality and technique is NOT requested NOR disclosed as part of your scorecard but definitely seems to be the way you're judged in the end. Be very concise in responding to any questions. This is definitely NOT a warm, getting-to know you type interview.Best of luck in your job search!

Interview Questions
    • No questions were difficult - only odd - unless you realize that the hidden agenda seems to be that you are expected to be aggressively selling yourself via all components of a typical sales call as opposed to having them ask you questions as in a traditional interview. This is never stated nor are you told in advance. However, there are definitely indications that this is a key expectation.   Answer Question

Purchasing Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Herff Jones in May 2008.

Very straight forward

Interview Questions
    • Asked about background and experience with their purchasing system   Answer Question
    Very straight forward