Herman Miller

Updated Dec 14, 2014
Updated Dec 14, 2014

3.1

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

First there was a pre-screen telephone interview. The call was basically to ensure eligibility to work in the US, and to make sure any given candidate is worth the time and effort for a face to face interview. Call was 15-20 minutes.
    The following week I received an invitation to interview in person.
        The face to face interview was held in the territory where potential candidates would be working. The interview consisted of standard questions about relocating, previous experience, related knowledge and skill sets. I would not say the interview was "lax"; though it was not too rigorous. Personally, I enjoyed the open nature or style of the interview, as it allowed me as a candidate to really get a feel for the company & the specifics of the jod itself, as well. I found the individuals interviewing me to be authentic and sincere. The interview was about an hour long exchange that included both the individual in charge of decision making & another sales person familiar with the territory.

Interview Questions
    • What would be the biggest challenge for you in this role ?   Answer Question

R&D Interview

thirty minutes phone interview and then an on site interview at holland michigan. Interviewed with two R&D directors and it was really great talking with them. All really passionate and smart people.

Interview Questions
    • What are the top three things you need to consider when designing a chair?
      Sketch that glass of water on the table.
      How do you find the center of gravity of a chair without any tools

Answer Question

SMB Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Herman Miller.

1 Phone interview with recruiter with Toby, who is extremely nice, and the interview will sail through. It's not a real interview.
    2 Phone interview with Regional Sales Director, where you will get general questions about what skills you have and what you think it takes to succeed, how you have been successful in the past, etc.
    3 Regional Sales Director invites you to meet personally, and continues on same line of questioning.
    4 Create a presentation for the National Sales Director, VP of Sales, and a couple coworkers to demonstrate basic presentation skills and answer a few more general questions.

Interview process is in general very easy, the questions did not probe very deep, and they generally see you in a more positive and credible light than many other interviewers.

Interview Questions
    They don't let you negotiate salary, but there is no cap on your commission rates so in hindsight you should be able to squeeze a few more % points.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Herman Miller.

I worked through Adecco temporary agency for quite awhile, then was hired in.

Interview Questions
    • I needed to explain what I believe was expected to do as a manufacturing associate.   Answer Question
    I knew what the pay rate would be, they offered it to me and I accepted it.

Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Herman Miller in January 2014.

The hiring process once the position is approved would involve our own onsite professional talent recruiter bring resumes to current managers and directors for review. Qualified candidates would be contacted and phone interviews would be conducted by the recruiter. 5-10 candidtates would be interviewed narrowing the field down to the top three for a 2nd round. A final selection would be made after the 2nd round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • This would be totally dependent on the candidates experience and background.   Answer Question

Brand Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

The process took a dayinterviewed at Herman Miller in October 2011.

The interview contained generic interview questions. Did not have me in for a second interview, but did follow up to let me know that.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had to manage multiple situations to meet a deadline outside of work.   Answer Question

Government Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Herman Miller in May 2011.

Formal an, professional. Many levels. Be prepared for a six month process.

Interview Questions
    • How can you add value to the organization if hired for this position   View Answer

Director of CC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zeeland, MI

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Herman Miller in May 2010.

the first part of the interview was a phone intervies. from there it went to a one on one meeting with the HR rep and the same date with the companeys team leads. A follow up intervew was done with the department sr vp and all were positive expirences.

Interview Questions

I can make more of a differance where I am at

A&D Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Herman Miller in January 2009.

process takes a while, must have an insdie contact in yor local market to get hired

Senior Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Herman Miller.

The interview starts with HR Telephonic Round and if you through then with Operational round with Manager and then finally you would have video conferencing round and if everything goes on well then you would have the negotiation round. The entire process would take around a week and you are very well informed about the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Process related specific questions, At times unexpected   Answer Question
    Accepted