Herman Miller

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

SMB Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Herman Miller.

Interview Details – 1 Phone interview with recruiter with Toby, who is extremely nice, and the interview will sail through. It's not a real interview.
2 Phone interview with Regional Sales Director, where you will get general questions about what skills you have and what you think it takes to succeed, how you have been successful in the past, etc.
3 Regional Sales Director invites you to meet personally, and continues on same line of questioning.
4 Create a presentation for the National Sales Director, VP of Sales, and a couple coworkers to demonstrate basic presentation skills and answer a few more general questions.

Interview process is in general very easy, the questions did not probe very deep, and they generally see you in a more positive and credible light than many other interviewers.

Interview Question – How do you gather leads?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They don't let you negotiate salary, but there is no cap on your commission rates so in hindsight you should be able to squeeze a few more % points.

Manufacturing Associate Interview

Zeeland, MI

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Herman Miller.

Interview Details – I worked through Adecco temporary agency for quite awhile, then was hired in.

Interview Question – I needed to explain what I believe was expected to do as a manufacturing associate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I knew what the pay rate would be, they offered it to me and I accepted it.

Engineering Manager Interview

Engineering Manager
Zeeland, MI

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Herman Miller in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process once the position is approved would involve our own onsite professional talent recruiter bring resumes to current managers and directors for review. Qualified candidates would be contacted and phone interviews would be conducted by the recruiter. 5-10 candidtates would be interviewed narrowing the field down to the top three for a 2nd round. A final selection would be made after the 2nd round of interviews.

Interview Question – This would be totally dependent on the candidates experience and background.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

A&D Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Herman Miller in January 2009.

Interview Details – process takes a while, must have an insdie contact in yor local market to get hired

Government Sales Manager Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Herman Miller in May 2011.

Interview Details – Formal an, professional. Many levels. Be prepared for a six month process.

Interview Question – How can you add value to the organization if hired for this position   View Answer

Brand Communications Specialist Interview

Zeeland, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Herman Miller in October 2011.

Interview Details – The interview contained generic interview questions. Did not have me in for a second interview, but did follow up to let me know that.

Interview Question – Name a time that you had to manage multiple situations to meet a deadline outside of work.   Answer Question

Director of CC Interview

Zeeland, MI

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Herman Miller in May 2010.

Interview Details – the first part of the interview was a phone intervies. from there it went to a one on one meeting with the HR rep and the same date with the companeys team leads. A follow up intervew was done with the department sr vp and all were positive expirences.

Interview Question – •What is your greatest weakness   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I can make more of a differance where I am at

Credit Department Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Herman Miller in April 2007.

Interview Details – behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Why do you wanna work for us?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Herman Miller? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Herman Miller interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Herman Miller employees and interview candidates.