Heroku

Relevance Date Difficulty

Erlang Infrastructure Engineer Interview

Erlang Infrastructure Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Heroku in August 2011.

Interview Details – It started with a Skype call with one of the founders, followed by a technical interview with the Sr. team member.

Next was a small project on Github for one week, the feedback was very good so they invited me onsite, precisely to meet the founder and 2 other team members.

I arrived onsite on the planned date and discovered that the founder who I should meet is away from office the whole week, also one of the 2 team members went on vacation the rest of the week.

The techinical interview was repeated all over again for no reason, so I worked on a small project *again* on Github for three days.
On the third day I had an introduction meeting with a guy from another team which turned suddenly into an "Architect interview" that was disappointing!
At the end of the forth day, the Sr. member who was available at office decided not to offer me a position.

Interview Question – Design a fully scalable, distributed media streaming system based on Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3)!   Answer Question

Entrepreneurial Product Manager Interview

Entrepreneurial Product Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Heroku in April 2011.

Interview Details – The initial 30 minute phone screen was with the Head of Product who was also hiring manager. The final interview consisted of an on-site lunch with members of the team followed by four 45 minute interviews with one of the co-founders, the Head of Product, and members of both the product and engineering teams.

Interview Question – How do you deal with a lack of engineering resources?   Answer Question

Worked for Heroku? Contribute to the Community!