Hersha Hospitality Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2015

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hersha Hospitality

N/A Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hersha Hospitality.

Interview

I first received an telephone call with the HR manager to do a brief screening of qualifications and basic history. I then had an interview with 3 managers I would be directly working with, and finally with the General Manager.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hersha Hospitality (New York, NY).

Interview

I had simply walked in off the street and submitted my resume which included 2 years of hospitality experience. Within an hour, I was called by the Front Office Manager for an interview later that day. The interview process was relatively brief for my initial hiring. Questions were about my goals, my interest in hospitality as a career, specific experience with customer service and difficult situations. I was then briefly interviewed by the General Manager who asked about my experience in hospitality, my goals and my interest in hospitality as a career. I was hired on the spot. It was maybe a 3 hour process from the time I submitted my resume to the time I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• "What is your ideal career?" Not really an unexpected question, but one that I though may compromise my chances of being offered a position as my interest was pursuing employment in the music industry, not the hospitality industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was in need of a job and the offer was more than suitable for what I was looking for at the time.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hersha Hospitality (Miami, FL).

Interview

2 fast interviews. 1 with the front office manager and the other with the GM. Very basic interview questions such as "tell me about a difficult situation and how did you handle it"?

Interview Questions

Salary requirements were not met.

Banquet Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Pete Beach, Pinellas, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hersha Hospitality (Saint Pete Beach, Pinellas, FL) in October 2009.

Interview

Quick, simple. If you've worked at the Don Cesar you probably don't even need an interview.

Negotiation

There is none.