Hershey Medical Center Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2015

2.4

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA).

Interview

disorganized. after joining the organization I recognized that I did not interview with important and relevant stakeholders to my position. This made it difficult to be effective initially as it was even more challenging to connect with the proper employees. It also created confusion as to who is responsible for what.

The interview process itself was easy. I was brought in for a series of interviews, a mixture of 1:1 and group sessions. There were no hardball questions - focus was on past experience and education, as well as any concerns/issues with shared background. No case-style questions or presentations required.

There was one group session that last approximately 1 hours - in a group of 6 interviewers, I spoke for only 5 minutes out the entire meeting, as interviewers lost focus and chatted amongst themselves. I had to force myself into the conversations so as to not be lost in the disorganization.

Interview Questions

• Why an academic medical center?   1 Answer

Medical Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hershey Medical Center.

Interview

First contact was an email from the manager. I had a phone interview and an in person interview. The questions were straightforward with a test on MRI physics. The HR part involves fingerprinting and a physical that involves more lifting than any other job I have applied. I had to interview with 3 different managers. There were no physicians involved. In my other job interviews there were physicians involved.

Interview Questions

• What is your strongest and weakest suits in relation to the job?
      Do you mind working overtime?
      Do you have problems working in a situation of being behind schedule?

Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hershey Medical Center in October 2014.

Interview

Was contacted to come for a meet and greet where they explained about the opportunity. Then had a typing test which wasn't explained about before completing. After the meet and greet session, then had a "rapid" interview. Was contacted for a second interview with a panel. Overall the interviews were not very personal and it seemed like they really didn't care about your schooling, precious work experiences, or background in the field. They didn't really care about getting to know how qualified an individual was, they were just interested in looking for a pretty face. Also, reference checks were not personal. They were completed by email which was a pain due to references not having access to computers in the time frame available. (48 hours)

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hershey Medical Center.

Interview

Written exam similar to CPhT exam. Maybe two rounds of interview. One from the Pharmacy manager, and second with Operation Manager and small group. Very easy process.

Medical Technologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Hershey Medical Center.

Interview

Initial communication via online application; asked to submit behavior assessment survey; Drug testing; 4-5 references were sent link to submit their opinion by deadlines(1 month); Review of references; got a phone call about offer; sent by email first

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where your experienced coworkers not helping   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hershey Medical Center in November 2012.

Interview

Initial communication was by phone to set up an interview date and time. Met with department manager for a 30 minute interview and then met with 4 other managers in the department for about another 30 minutes. The group went around the table asking questions about experience and technical ability.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was what I dislike about my current employer and why I want to leave.   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hershey Medical Center (Hershey, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was contacted the day after I submitted my on-line application. Then a 1:1 interview. Then background check and review of references

Interview Questions

• What makes a good working environment   2 Answers

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate the salary, but was able to negotiate work schedule

Graduate RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hershey Medical Center in May 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with the nurse recruiter, with basic questions about my degree and what I would like to do.Then I interviewed with two department heads (Neuro Science and PICU), and a short panel interview with two clinical specialist. You have to answer severals scenarios, fe chestpains, difficult familymember etc.

Interview Questions

• Tells us about your experience dealing with a difficult family member   Answer Question

Negotiation

set rate for GN