Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hertz
- Management Trainee (60)
- Branch Manager Trainee (54)
- Manager Trainee (52)
- Branch Manager (16)
- Counter Sales Representative (14)
- Manager (12)
- Customer Service Representative (11)
- Area Manager (8)
- Location Manager (8)
- Assistant Branch Manager (7)
- Hertz Management Trainee (7)
- Sales and Service Associate (6)
- MT (4)
- Domestic Reservations Agent (4)
- Senior Branch Manager (4)
- Location Manager I (4)
- Manager Associate (4)
- Analyst (3)
- Marketing (3)
- Rental Sales Agent (3)
- Transporter (3)
- Hertz Manager Trainee (3)
- Location Manager Trainee (3)
- Sales and Operations Trainee (3)
- Fleet Accountant (2)
- Operations Manager (2)
- Assistant Manager (2)
- Pricing Analyst (2)
- Airport Location Manager (2)
- Manager Trainee Intern (2)
Airport Location Manager Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks – interviewed at Hertz (Tampa, FL) in December 2013.
Initial Phone Screening by a recruiter who assesses qualifications and past experience and gives you some information on the job. From there is the first interview with the City Operations Manager, who asks general and standard interview questions : behavioral, past situations and what you did, why you want to work at hertz, etc. Following that you may be called for a second interview with the General Manager. This is almost identical to the first interview. It may vary depending on the experience and creativity of the General Manager. but there is standard interview sheet that they use, and for me, the two interviewers asked the same questions.
- Nothing. Just be prepared to answer why you want to work at Hertz, and further more in this industry. Be aware that you should express your ability to motivate other employees especially in sales and closing sales. Answer Question
Some negotiation possible, they will always low ball at the lowest and say that you can get a 2000 raise upon completion of training modules. That is a lie, the 2k is a one time pay out, and you can negotiate at least an additional 5k depending on experience.
Other Interview Reviews for Hertz
Airport Location Manager InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Hertz (Seattle, WA) in March 2011.
1. What's your management style.
2. Why Hertz?
3. Tell me about a time when you went above the call of duty.
4. What was the benefit for the company?
5. If I was to call your previous managers what would they say is your greatest strength is?
6. What would they say your greatest weakness is?
7. Have you ever worked with union employees?
8. Have you ever had to deal with angry customers face-to-face?
9. What did you like the most about working at ____________?
10. What did you like least about working at___________?
11. Did you do any sort of preparing at all for this interview, what questions do you have for me?
12. This location is the 15th busiest in the county and is open 24/7, 365 days a year. We need someone who has flexibility in their schedule. Is that an issue?
13. Rank these items in order of importance: fleet development, customer service, profitability,________.
14. Why did you rank __________ as number one?
15. How many employees have you supervised before?