Hertz

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Assistant Branch Manager
Austin, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in February 2012.

Interview Details – I submitted my application and received a phone screen call a week later. It was a short interview over the phone to see if you're interested and if you're a suitable to move onto the first one on one interview. 1st round of interview with branch manager then area manager then HR called to offer the job.

Interview Question – Give me a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I applied and interviewed for the Assistand Branch Manager position. They extended the job offer to me then called back to offer me a different position (lower) after I had already accepted their offer! Area Manager was very shady...

Location Manager Interview

Location Manager
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hertz in February 2012.

Interview Details – Started by submitting my application on line. Almost 3 weeks later I received a phone call form a Regional Recruiter who explained the basic job description and benefits package. She asked if I was still interested and I agreed. After passing a driver's license record check I was contacted to do a 1:1 interview with the Area Manager. This all took place over the course of 3 consecutive days. Recruiter was very open and willing to answer any questions before and after the interview. They have more candidates to interview so no offer has been made yet.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you heard about and why you want to work for Hertz   View Answer
  • Tell me about a stressful situation and how you handled it.   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a person you worked with and how you resolved it.   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time you made a decision or took initiative on a project and it was rejected. What did you do/ how did you react?   View Answer
  • Tell me something you acomplished/ achieved that you are proud of.   View Answer

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Rental Sales Agent
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hertz in November 2009.

Interview Details – Interviewed with one of the area managers. The interviewer described the position and duties required of me. Ask me why I wanted to work with the company. Asked me one or two behavioral questions. Like tell me about a time when… Said that he would contact me within five days or so if I was offered the position. Never called me. I called him and he acted like I was wrong in doing so and that he gave his manager what he thought and that it was now out of his hands.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!

Hertz Videos

Hertz – Why Work for Us?

Who We Are In September of 1918, the pioneer of auto renting, Walter L. Jacobs, at the age of 22, opened a car-rental operation in Chicago. Starting with a dozen Model T Fords, which he repaired and repainted himself… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hertz interview questions and advice in Austin, TX. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hertz employees and interview candidates.