Hertz

Updated Feb 19, 2015
Updated Feb 19, 2015

2.5

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

I made sure to fill out the application AND cover letter thoroughly. I was contacted by corporate (Hertz corp) human resources woman who had me on the phone for a good 30 minutes or so. She asked me questions and then broke down the pay scale, benefits, and room for advancement. She also told me she went through the training program herself and after becoming a branch manager she had the ability to shift into different routes and decided to go into corporate and into HR making "pretty good money". I then received e-mails and had to take a personality as well as an IQ test (analogy, math, etc) it as timed and you must do well on them. I passed. She then set me up (within 3 days) to interview with a area manager (1 up above a branch manager) ... I went in for the interview which was straight forward, no strange or hard questions. I went in confident and spoke to him as I would sit and try to speak to a friend or family member, however I kept it very professional. I also wore a suit with a tie and brought resumes and showed up 15 minutes early. Needless to say I was told within a week I would hear back and within a week I received a call and a e-mail asking if I was still interested in the position. I returned the e-mail and the call and said I was, and within 24 hours I was told I landed the position as long as I passed the credit check, drivers license record, background check, drug test, employment, and everything else under the sun. I am waiting to hear back from them all (5-7 days again) and then I will have to give my current employer my 2 weeks notice in order to start for hertz. Just a heads up, if you do get an offer, you have 24 hours exactly to take a drug test or they will retract their offer. Starting pay for myself will be 12.50/hr + comm + bonus which will increase in 3 months to 15/hr + higher comm + higher bonus. Between 8 months-1.5 years it again goes up to salary - 40k + comm + bonus + free company car + free gas + free insurance. 4 weeks vacation, dental, vision, medical, life ins, 401k etc. From what I read I hear that commission depending on location is 5-7k and bonus is 1-3k. so salary will be around 50-55k before taxes... But factor in a free company car, free gas, and free insurance and it doesn't seem too bad. Also places have different hours, my location is a mon-fri 8-5 with a saturday half day (9-1) however I believe as a manager you work the occasional saturday or 2 saturdays a month. I hope this helps anyone who is considering the job. BTW, at the 6 month mark (where you will become an assistant manager) salary is between 30-34k, commission and bonus will increase that to what I am reading to be 43-47k before taxes. Not TOO bad considering at 12-16 months total salary will increase to what I said above (around 50-55k, car, gas, ins, etc) Good luck everyone. I will update in the future with how I like the job and the pay scale, hours, etc. Oh one last thing. Everyone keeps saying long long long hours. Well, you DO GET TIME AND A HALF. I will gladly work over time to make time and a half.

Interview Questions
  • I came into a store and wanted to buy a womans purse, sell me a purse while I talk on my cell phone and give you an attitude like I am not interested in what you have to say, yet have absolutely no idea what I want to buy or what is best for me.   View Answer
No negation. Was told prior what the pay would be, so I knew already. If it is not specified, ASK. 1-3 months $12.50/hr + comm + bonus ... after 3 months 15hr + higher comm + higher bonus ... after 6-8 months (assistant manager) 30k + higher comm + higher bonus (around 43-47k before taxes) ... 8-1.5 years (branch manager) 40k + higher comm + higher bonus - 47-55k (before taxes) + free car, free gas, free insurance. 60 days to receive full benefits. 4 weeks vaca, dental, vision, medical, life insurance, 401k, paid sick, paid personal days.

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

First phone interview was fairly simple. Asked questions about my highest level of education obtained, last job experience. This initial stage was more like the HR staff informing how one individual through the "Trainee" program can exceed to become a Branch Manager.
    The title stages to become the Branch Manager were:
    1. Branch Manger Trainee
    2. Management Associate
    3. Assistant Manager
    4. Branch Manager

In order to progress from each stage, you must pass a verbal and written exam and meet sales expectations. Upon becoming the Assistant Manager, the individual may apply for a Branch Manager position if available. From that perspective, I think the Job Title should be called "Assistant Manager" position.

After the first phone interview, the HR staff you spoke to forwards your application to a Hertz Manager in your local area to see if scheduling for person-to-person interview.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

There was a total of three interviews. The first was a phone interview with a recruiter. She asked questions like why Hertz and about my previous experience. Next I interviewed with the Area manager, this was the most difficult of the three. He asked behavioral base questions and wanted to see a bubbly positive personality. The final interview was with the branch manager, he also asked behavioral based questions and questions about my work history. A week after my final interview I was offered the position. The whole ordeal took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    Little negotiation base starting of 12.50 with commission, after 6 months 14 and when becoming a branch manager salary. Not really competitive but good training and experience.

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

Found the job online and uploaded the resume and cover letter. Was called within a week. Got an interview in less than a week. Got the job offer the same day.

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

The interview process was like your typical interview. The Interviewer asked why I was interested in working for the company, and what I could contribute to the company. It was a one on one interview and in a comfortable atmosphere. The interview process took between 20 and 30 minutes, so it was not lenghty. I felt confident and I was satisfied with my performance during the interview.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Took about 2-3 weeks for the hiring process.You first need to apply. Your application will then be reviewed. You'll receieve a call from HR setting up an interview with an area manager. You'll know within a week if you wre accepted.

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. I then set up a phone interview later in the week. After speaking with the recruiter I scheduled an in person interview with someone in the area. The whole process took about two weeks.

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

I applied online a few days later I received a phone call form a recruiter scheduling a face to face interview. Then about 3 or 4 days later I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • most questions were about sales experience and how you deal with difficult customers   Answer Question

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hertz.

Interview was easy. I had worked for enterprise before applying and knew I would be a good fit. 2 months later I got a job offer. I can't believe it took that long. There was a phone interview, interview with area manager and then my offer. I know I will be a branch manager soon as I was one for enterprise. The positive Hertz is growing and trying to be more competitive. The starting pay is not good, but if you stick with it you will make 6 figures in the matter of 5 years.

None

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in October 2014.

The interview was pretty basic. Questions consisted of "so, tell me about yourself. How did you like your last job? what did you like/dislike about your position? what were your responsibilities? why choose hertz over competitors? why should we hire you over someone else?"