Hertz Branch Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.5

38 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Standard proceduure. 1st Interview w/local managers and district manager. 2nd interview w/branch specific manager. Most Communication was with a recruiter that was at company Headquarters in New Jersey.

Interview Questions
  • nothing too hard, best question was how would you handle a Monday morning with a short staff   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in September 2014.

I filled out an application online. 4 days later I received an invitation to go to the open house event they were having. At the open house I had a on the spot interview with the area manager. She said I could expect to hear from someone in 2 weeks, but 2 days later they called and made a employment offer. The entire process took 2 weeks.

The interview was easy, mostly just conversation. The pay seems low ($10/hr) but has the potential of earning more with overtime and bonuses.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in July 2014.

First applied online and received a phone call about a week later. I spoke with the recruiter on the phone and answered a few basic questions. I received a call a few days after that where I scheduled a face to face interview. Very basic behavioral questions about past job experiences.

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz.

Three step process: 1- Recruiter contacts you and does a quick screen. If he feels you are good fit, he schedules you for face to face interview. 2- Face-to-Face interview with Local Branch Manager, if you impress then, you are scheduled to meet with the Area Manager. 3- Based on your interview with Area Manager, the Recruiter will contact you if you get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Question not difficult, they are looking for people with great customer service attitude, great sales personality, leadership and quick to think on your feet. Most questions you will get are scenario like...   Answer Question

I didn't think I was a perfect fit for the position, job demanded long hours with low pay...

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Applied online through Indeed.com, called by a recruiter about 2 weeks later, impromptu interview and conversation with the recruiter, interview with area manager the next day, hired one day later, 2 weeks to finalize the background check, drug screen, and get employee ID set up.

Interview Questions
    • Why choose Hertz over our competitors?   View Answer
    No negotiations. The rate is stated by the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in June 2014.

applied online, they called me to do a quick interview with HR, then did an interview with some local branch managers: that i interview i really got the sense that they enjoyed working there, when i asked them what was their favorite thing about working at Hertz there was no hesitation on their part to answer, they seem to be genuine people. a week later i met with the area manager, she was tough. she asked questions i have never thought of, and she seemed to have gotten a really good feel of my personality because she was openly giving me feedback and advice. Hertz does a behavioral interview, youtube the STAR method and it should help you out.

Interview Questions
    • name 3 positive/negative things the people close to you would say about you, what is something that you need to work on personally that may advance your career?   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Hertz in May 2014.

first interview with the branch manager then the area manger, just be your self. I already want to quit because they treat the employees like slaves! i worked as branch manager trainee, they should change the name to cleaning and service trainee ! there is nothing related to management in this position.

Interview Questions
    • normal easy questions about your qualifications   View Answer
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in April 2014.

Applied online, Phone Interview, In person interview one-on-one at a location, in person interview with location you applied to 2-on-1. Everyone who interviewed me was very kind. I was contacted mostly by phone, not email.

Interview Questions
    • on a scale of 1 to 10 how much do you want this job?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview by the phone asked me if I have college degree. I said yes!
    They offer 11.15 an hour. I said No!
    Really????

Low wage!!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in March 2014.

I interviewed at Hertz at Cleveland Hopkins Airport. First you walk in and there is no one working at the counter. People walk by and don't acknowledge you. That should have been a red flag. The interview was very basic and simple lasting 45 minutes. Retail management is retail management. The recruiter told me that I would hear back from her within a week. A week went by and nothing. I called her and she told me that they were still interviewing and they would get back to me. Again, nothing happened. I called back 2 weeks later and she told me that they have not come to a conclusion; so I gave up. I'm not playing that game with folks.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were simple and direct. How do you motivate others? How do you influence others at work? How do you drive profitable sales?   Answer Question

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!