Hertz Branch Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.4

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call a week later for an interview. Set up an interview at my Hertz LE and it ended up being with the Area Manager. The interview went well, basically went over my resume and talked about why I wanted the job with Hertz. He gave me his spill on how long he has been with the company, and how he has been treated by the company. Seems like a great place to work even though base pay is low. It should pay for it self if I make it far in the company, which is my goal.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

First phone interview was fairly simple. Asked questions about my highest level of education obtained, last job experience. This initial stage was more like the HR staff informing how one individual through the "Trainee" program can exceed to become a Branch Manager.
    The title stages to become the Branch Manager were:
    1. Branch Manger Trainee
    2. Management Associate
    3. Assistant Manager
    4. Branch Manager

In order to progress from each stage, you must pass a verbal and written exam and meet sales expectations. Upon becoming the Assistant Manager, the individual may apply for a Branch Manager position if available. From that perspective, I think the Job Title should be called "Assistant Manager" position.

After the first phone interview, the HR staff you spoke to forwards your application to a Hertz Manager in your local area to see if scheduling for person-to-person interview.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Interview

There was a total of three interviews. The first was a phone interview with a recruiter. She asked questions like why Hertz and about my previous experience. Next I interviewed with the Area manager, this was the most difficult of the three. He asked behavioral base questions and wanted to see a bubbly positive personality. The final interview was with the branch manager, he also asked behavioral based questions and questions about my work history. A week after my final interview I was offered the position. The whole ordeal took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little negotiation base starting of 12.50 with commission, after 6 months 14 and when becoming a branch manager salary. Not really competitive but good training and experience.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Found the job online and uploaded the resume and cover letter. Was called within a week. Got an interview in less than a week. Got the job offer the same day.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

The interview process was like your typical interview. The Interviewer asked why I was interested in working for the company, and what I could contribute to the company. It was a one on one interview and in a comfortable atmosphere. The interview process took between 20 and 30 minutes, so it was not lenghty. I felt confident and I was satisfied with my performance during the interview.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

Took about 2-3 weeks for the hiring process.You first need to apply. Your application will then be reviewed. You'll receieve a call from HR setting up an interview with an area manager. You'll know within a week if you wre accepted.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. I then set up a phone interview later in the week. After speaking with the recruiter I scheduled an in person interview with someone in the area. The whole process took about two weeks.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

I applied online a few days later I received a phone call form a recruiter scheduling a face to face interview. Then about 3 or 4 days later I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• most questions were about sales experience and how you deal with difficult customers   Answer Question

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Interview was easy. I had worked for enterprise before applying and knew I would be a good fit. 2 months later I got a job offer. I can't believe it took that long. There was a phone interview, interview with area manager and then my offer. I know I will be a branch manager soon as I was one for enterprise. The positive Hertz is growing and trying to be more competitive. The starting pay is not good, but if you stick with it you will make 6 figures in the matter of 5 years.

Interview Questions

• None. Had previous experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz (Nashville, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty basic. Questions consisted of "so, tell me about yourself. How did you like your last job? what did you like/dislike about your position? what were your responsibilities? why choose hertz over competitors? why should we hire you over someone else?"