Hertz

Average Difficulty
34 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in June 2014.

Interview Details – applied online, they called me to do a quick interview with HR, then did an interview with some local branch managers: that i interview i really got the sense that they enjoyed working there, when i asked them what was their favorite thing about working at Hertz there was no hesitation on their part to answer, they seem to be genuine people. a week later i met with the area manager, she was tough. she asked questions i have never thought of, and she seemed to have gotten a really good feel of my personality because she was openly giving me feedback and advice. Hertz does a behavioral interview, youtube the STAR method and it should help you out.

Interview Question – name 3 positive/negative things the people close to you would say about you, what is something that you need to work on personally that may advance your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Three step process: 1- Recruiter contacts you and does a quick screen. If he feels you are good fit, he schedules you for face to face interview. 2- Face-to-Face interview with Local Branch Manager, if you impress then, you are scheduled to meet with the Area Manager. 3- Based on your interview with Area Manager, the Recruiter will contact you if you get the job.

Interview Question – Question not difficult, they are looking for people with great customer service attitude, great sales personality, leadership and quick to think on your feet. Most questions you will get are scenario like...   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't think I was a perfect fit for the position, job demanded long hours with low pay...

Branch Manager Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Applied online through Indeed.com, called by a recruiter about 2 weeks later, impromptu interview and conversation with the recruiter, interview with area manager the next day, hired one day later, 2 weeks to finalize the background check, drug screen, and get employee ID set up.

Interview Question – Why choose Hertz over our competitors?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. The rate is stated by the recruiter.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in March 2014.

Interview Details – I interviewed at Hertz at Cleveland Hopkins Airport. First you walk in and there is no one working at the counter. People walk by and don't acknowledge you. That should have been a red flag. The interview was very basic and simple lasting 45 minutes. Retail management is retail management. The recruiter told me that I would hear back from her within a week. A week went by and nothing. I called her and she told me that they were still interviewing and they would get back to me. Again, nothing happened. I called back 2 weeks later and she told me that they have not come to a conclusion; so I gave up. I'm not playing that game with folks.

Interview Question – Questions were simple and direct. How do you motivate others? How do you influence others at work? How do you drive profitable sales?   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Hertz in May 2014.

Interview Details – first interview with the branch manager then the area manger, just be your self. I already want to quit because they treat the employees like slaves! i worked as branch manager trainee, they should change the name to cleaning and service trainee ! there is nothing related to management in this position.

Interview Question – normal easy questions about your qualifications   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

New York, NY

I applied online and interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Interview by the phone asked me if I have college degree. I said yes!
They offer 11.15 an hour. I said No!
Really????

Reason for Declining – Low wage!!!

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hertz in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and within one day I received a call for an interview request. The online application included an aptitude test that did not seem that difficult. The hiring manager was nice but did not seem to know which location the position was for. The staff was kind when I walked in the door.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Usual behavioural interview questions, nothing unexpected. They want dedicated individuals willing to get their hands dirty and start up from ground zero. I had the impression that branch manager trainee is really just a title but you are employed to do anything with a smile on your face..

Interview Question – Sell me something.... etc...   View Answer

Branch Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Phone interview, in person interview...

Interview Question – Nothing...literally nothing. The area manager forgot about my interview so a random branch manager had to interview me...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Unegotiable salary

Branch Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Fairly easy - Applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter 2-3 days later; Set up an interview with the branch manager for a week later; Attended initial interview with branch manager and another manager from one of the other locations; basic questions: behavioral, career goals, sales tactics, etc.; Received a phone call from the recruiter a few days later to inform me of a second interview with the area manager; Attended second interview which lasted no more than 10 minutes - more or less to just meet me and make sure I was okay. Was offered position a few days later and accepted.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, every new employee gets same rate

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!