Hertz

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Human Resources Business Partner
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial contact from recruiter to further gauge interest and see if I still wanted to interview. Agreed to take a call for a phone interview from the recruiter the next day. 30 minute phone interview with recruiter to gauge knowledge and experience. After phone interview, I was invited to interview with local HR peers. Interviewed with two HR people at the same time, standard battery of experience questions with some behavioral interview questions. Maybe 45 minutes with the two of them. They laid out a realistic job preview detailing the downsides of the job including frustrations with quarterly hiring freezes and a messed up accounting system that hasn't paid proper sales bonuses to the CSR team in two years. Sounds like a frustrating organization to work for. The people I interviewed with were nice enough, but even they didn't know what the next steps in the interview process would be and what the timeline would be like. From my continued job search, it looks like they've since downgraded the position to an Associate HR Business Partner instead of regular HR Business Partner, but no follow-up from corporate to let me know what was going on with my application at all.

Interview Question – Really basic behavioral questions. Look up sample behavioral interview questions online and practice answering several before an interview. You should be OK.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Branch Manager Trainee
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hertz in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and within one day I received a call for an interview request. The online application included an aptitude test that did not seem that difficult. The hiring manager was nice but did not seem to know which location the position was for. The staff was kind when I walked in the door.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Assistant Branch Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz in September 2012.

Interview Details – was pretty quick got a call within a week asking to accept the position. AM is really nice and was through about what the job consisted of. No gimmicks.

Interview Question – none interview was pretty straightforward   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Senior Branch Manager Interview

Senior Branch Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hertz in August 2012.

Interview Details – Internal interview. One interview once reaching this position.

Interview Question – This position was more of an increasement of my current role, no one else was applying for it.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Branch Manager Trainee
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz in February 2010.

Interview Details – Apply online, Hr phone screening, In person Branch Manager and Area Manager. Offer was made by the Area Manager. Sent for Drug Screening after offer is made.

Interview Question – All situation/ normal interview questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation $10.50 HR, with Comm and OT. Don't count on the OT if you are in a small branch.

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process only consisted of interview. The interviewer was very polite and tried to be relate-able to the interviewee. The response time to whether or not a person was chosen for the position was fairly speedy.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!