Hertz

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz in May 2014.

Initial contact from recruiter to further gauge interest and see if I still wanted to interview. Agreed to take a call for a phone interview from the recruiter the next day. 30 minute phone interview with recruiter to gauge knowledge and experience. After phone interview, I was invited to interview with local HR peers. Interviewed with two HR people at the same time, standard battery of experience questions with some behavioral interview questions. Maybe 45 minutes with the two of them. They laid out a realistic job preview detailing the downsides of the job including frustrations with quarterly hiring freezes and a messed up accounting system that hasn't paid proper sales bonuses to the CSR team in two years. Sounds like a frustrating organization to work for. The people I interviewed with were nice enough, but even they didn't know what the next steps in the interview process would be and what the timeline would be like. From my continued job search, it looks like they've since downgraded the position to an Associate HR Business Partner instead of regular HR Business Partner, but no follow-up from corporate to let me know what was going on with my application at all.

Interview Questions
    • Really basic behavioral questions. Look up sample behavioral interview questions online and practice answering several before an interview. You should be OK.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hertz in November 2012.

I applied online and within one day I received a call for an interview request. The online application included an aptitude test that did not seem that difficult. The hiring manager was nice but did not seem to know which location the position was for. The staff was kind when I walked in the door.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz in September 2012.

was pretty quick got a call within a week asking to accept the position. AM is really nice and was through about what the job consisted of. No gimmicks.

Senior Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hertz in August 2012.

Internal interview. One interview once reaching this position.

Interview Questions
    • This position was more of an increasement of my current role, no one else was applying for it.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz in September 2011.

The interview process only consisted of interview. The interviewer was very polite and tried to be relate-able to the interviewee. The response time to whether or not a person was chosen for the position was fairly speedy.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz in February 2010.

Apply online, Hr phone screening, In person Branch Manager and Area Manager. Offer was made by the Area Manager. Sent for Drug Screening after offer is made.

Interview Questions
    • All situation/ normal interview questions.   View Answer
    No negotiation $10.50 HR, with Comm and OT. Don't count on the OT if you are in a small branch.