Hertz

Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Human Resources Business Partner
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial contact from recruiter to further gauge interest and see if I still wanted to interview. Agreed to take a call for a phone interview from the recruiter the next day. 30 minute phone interview with recruiter to gauge knowledge and experience. After phone interview, I was invited to interview with local HR peers. Interviewed with two HR people at the same time, standard battery of experience questions with some behavioral interview questions. Maybe 45 minutes with the two of them. They laid out a realistic job preview detailing the downsides of the job including frustrations with quarterly hiring freezes and a messed up accounting system that hasn't paid proper sales bonuses to the CSR team in two years. Sounds like a frustrating organization to work for. The people I interviewed with were nice enough, but even they didn't know what the next steps in the interview process would be and what the timeline would be like. From my continued job search, it looks like they've since downgraded the position to an Associate HR Business Partner instead of regular HR Business Partner, but no follow-up from corporate to let me know what was going on with my application at all.

Interview Question – Really basic behavioral questions. Look up sample behavioral interview questions online and practice answering several before an interview. You should be OK.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Bolingbrook, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in February 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process is just like everything else about this company, deceitful, deceptive and shady.

Interview Question – What would you do if you didn't have a car for a customer's reservation?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Salary is non negotiable for entry level position

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Branch Manager Trainee
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hertz in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and within one day I received a call for an interview request. The online application included an aptitude test that did not seem that difficult. The hiring manager was nice but did not seem to know which location the position was for. The staff was kind when I walked in the door.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Assistant Branch Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz in September 2012.

Interview Details – was pretty quick got a call within a week asking to accept the position. AM is really nice and was through about what the job consisted of. No gimmicks.

Interview Question – none interview was pretty straightforward   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hertz in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with area manager and asks questions about previous jobs and any sales experience

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Branch Manager Interview

Branch Manager
Downers Grove, IL

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz in November 2011.

Interview Details – I filled out an app, then I was called some days later. When they conducted the interview I was required to drive an hour to downers grove, IL. The interview was only 20 minutes, I recognized a football poster on the wall and highlighted some knowledge from sports. After demonstrating information about the guys favorite sports team he offered me the job. The interview had nothing to do with my skills or ability.

Interview Question – The asked be would I be able to sell rental insurance, and it seemed it was all that really concerned them at the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation.

Sales and Operations Trainee Interview

Sales and Operations Trainee
Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for this position with HERC and received a call back 1 week later from corporate recruiter from their east coast HQ. Accepted an opportunity to interview with local branch manager with much enthusiasm. Interview went well and I was granted a second with a regional operations manager.
Despite my excitement for this job and extensive preparation; I'd been informed that another candidate with "a little more experience" was chosen.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had been caught off guard and what you did to prioritize in order to keep things running smoothly and what the results of your actions were.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee
Joliet, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in April 2011.

Interview Details – i met with the area manager he was very straightforward with me about how things may be hard when i first start as a manager trainee, but that the job will improve quickly if the work is put in. he stated that i would be held to standards (sales goals, customer service surveys, ect.) but that if i achieved them I would excel within hertz very quickly. it was very to the point and easy

Interview Question – how do you feel about being held to standards by having to hit specific goals.   Answer Question

Senior Branch Manager Interview

Senior Branch Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hertz in August 2012.

Interview Details – Internal interview. One interview once reaching this position.

Interview Question – This position was more of an increasement of my current role, no one else was applying for it.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Branch Manager Trainee
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz in February 2010.

Interview Details – Apply online, Hr phone screening, In person Branch Manager and Area Manager. Offer was made by the Area Manager. Sent for Drug Screening after offer is made.

Interview Question – All situation/ normal interview questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation $10.50 HR, with Comm and OT. Don't count on the OT if you are in a small branch.

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!