Hertz

2.5

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz in May 2014.

Initial contact from recruiter to further gauge interest and see if I still wanted to interview. Agreed to take a call for a phone interview from the recruiter the next day. 30 minute phone interview with recruiter to gauge knowledge and experience. After phone interview, I was invited to interview with local HR peers. Interviewed with two HR people at the same time, standard battery of experience questions with some behavioral interview questions. Maybe 45 minutes with the two of them. They laid out a realistic job preview detailing the downsides of the job including frustrations with quarterly hiring freezes and a messed up accounting system that hasn't paid proper sales bonuses to the CSR team in two years. Sounds like a frustrating organization to work for. The people I interviewed with were nice enough, but even they didn't know what the next steps in the interview process would be and what the timeline would be like. From my continued job search, it looks like they've since downgraded the position to an Associate HR Business Partner instead of regular HR Business Partner, but no follow-up from corporate to let me know what was going on with my application at all.

Interview Questions
    • Really basic behavioral questions. Look up sample behavioral interview questions online and practice answering several before an interview. You should be OK.   Answer Question

Sales and Operations Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in July 2013.

Applied for this position with HERC and received a call back 1 week later from corporate recruiter from their east coast HQ. Accepted an opportunity to interview with local branch manager with much enthusiasm. Interview went well and I was granted a second with a regional operations manager.
    Despite my excitement for this job and extensive preparation; I'd been informed that another candidate with "a little more experience" was chosen.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had been caught off guard and what you did to prioritize in order to keep things running smoothly and what the results of your actions were.   View Answer

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolingbrook, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in February 2013.

Interview process is just like everything else about this company, deceitful, deceptive and shady.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you didn't have a car for a customer's reservation?   View Answer
    Salary is non negotiable for entry level position

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hertz in November 2012.

I applied online and within one day I received a call for an interview request. The online application included an aptitude test that did not seem that difficult. The hiring manager was nice but did not seem to know which location the position was for. The staff was kind when I walked in the door.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz in September 2012.

was pretty quick got a call within a week asking to accept the position. AM is really nice and was through about what the job consisted of. No gimmicks.

Senior Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hertz in August 2012.

Internal interview. One interview once reaching this position.

Interview Questions
    • This position was more of an increasement of my current role, no one else was applying for it.   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz in November 2011.

I filled out an app, then I was called some days later. When they conducted the interview I was required to drive an hour to downers grove, IL. The interview was only 20 minutes, I recognized a football poster on the wall and highlighted some knowledge from sports. After demonstrating information about the guys favorite sports team he offered me the job. The interview had nothing to do with my skills or ability.

Interview Questions
    • The asked be would I be able to sell rental insurance, and it seemed it was all that really concerned them at the time.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz in September 2011.

The interview process only consisted of interview. The interviewer was very polite and tried to be relate-able to the interviewee. The response time to whether or not a person was chosen for the position was fairly speedy.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hertz in July 2011.

Interview with area manager and asks questions about previous jobs and any sales experience

No negotiations

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Joliet, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in April 2011.

i met with the area manager he was very straightforward with me about how things may be hard when i first start as a manager trainee, but that the job will improve quickly if the work is put in. he stated that i would be held to standards (sales goals, customer service surveys, ect.) but that if i achieved them I would excel within hertz very quickly. it was very to the point and easy

Interview Questions
    • how do you feel about being held to standards by having to hit specific goals.   Answer Question