Hertz

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz in March 2012.

Interview Details – they just want to see that you are approachable, and have customer service experience, i went to the open house they held in jfk, i received a call back from there i did about interview at the main office location in NYC, got a call back with instruction to take a drug test by the next bus day

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hertz in February 2014.

Interview Details – I received a call from a Florida number which was a recruiter who called me in for an interview with the hiring manager It took about 4 days after completing the application to get a call back

Interview Question – I was not asked any questions just basically what my schedule is   Answer Question

Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz in November 2013.

Interview Details – This was my second time applying, the first time I never heard anything, so i decided to try again.This time, I got a call from the recruiter 2 days after applying and she just gave me more information on the position (benefits, pay, etc) and I told her I was still Interested in the position. I lucked out and they were interviewing that day so I hurried home, changed, and went! Interviewing went well, The hiring guy and I just had casual conversation for about 30 minutes, (I smiled, and showed a lot of personality, and customer focused) I was asked 2 questions, typical STAR questions.

I got a call 3 days later saying they loved me, and want to offer me a position. I did my drug test today

Interview Question – Nothing out the ordinary, just a casual conversation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Wasn't able to negotiate so I took whatever they offered me.

Albuquerque, NM

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – I was interviewed but not hired. I think because I told them it would be difficult for me to work on Christmas for an indeterminate number of years. Holidays are work days and so you have to "bid" to have them off. Senior employees have priority.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a negative working experience I'd had. it was not comfortable because I didn't want to seem as if I was just badmouthing a prior employer.   Answer Question

Counter Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – I submitted my application with a resume, they call me the next day and got an interview a day later, they hired me on the spot. The background check is very thorough, and they had me take a drug test.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to make a hard sale?   Answer Question

Long Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – 1:1 phone interview with recruiter.
3-4 days passed time.
Scheduled interview with Area Manager.
Next day interview.
Scheduled interview with Location Managers(2).
2 days passed time.
Follow up with recruiter regarding employment offer, further requirements.
Scheduled drug test.
Follow up with recruiter regarding start date, further requirements.

Interview Question – Is it okay to miss a deadline? If so, when?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – A schedule adaptive to my educational goals.

Eureka, CA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in January 2011.

Interview Details – -I applied online then I received a phone call from a recruiter after a month or something. They asked if I was still interested I said yeh, they interviewed me on the phone then they said they will set up a physical interview at the location. Even though I was pretty sick, it went well. I was asked why Hertz? and asked about my relevant experience, plus typical questions like what was the hardest situation you faced and how did you overcome it..
I received an offer after two weeks since they had to do a background check. Then they required a drug test.

Interview Question – Why Hertz   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Took a long time due to the background check which was done by a 3rd party.

Santa Ana, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – I worked for Hertz years ago... got glowing recommendations from my manager then, who did contact local HR before the interview. I went in confident.

Interview Question – Nothing. They asked only about my previous experience with Hertz, and gave me a choice between Gold Choice and Sales Counter. Yes, I want to work at the airport counter. That's where I shined.   Answer Question

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and then i was called for an in-person interview. The manager was super nice so that made things a lot easier. A few questions about my work experience, and 2 questions (behavioral). How do you define customer service, how did you deal with a difficult customer.
After the interview i waited a week. The recruiter called and offer me the position. You have the pass a drug and background test.

Interview Questions

Scranton, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in November 2007.

Interview Details – There were two interviews; two separate interviews. The first interview was with the Location Manager and the second interview was with the Revenue Manager. The interview with the revenue manager is most important because they are the managers who will be reviewing your sales performance throughout your employment with the company.

Interview Question – Name a grueling sales experience you had with a previous employer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation for the salary for this position.

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!