Hertz Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.0

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Applied for the position in late July and receive a phone call for an 10min phone interview early August. The phone interview went pretty well as far as I was concerned. I was ask basic questions then at the end of the phone interview I was ask specifically what time would work best for me if I were to get an in person interview. I told the recruiter on the phone that I 10 o'clock AM the next week would work for me since I had no plans. Well whenever it was time for my interview that following week I arrived at the branch where the interview was suppose to take place at 10 o'clock AM and was told by one of the front desk customer service representatives that my my interview was actually schedule for 8 o'clock am which I knew was very inaccurate. So I was told to contact my phone recruiter and she then told me to stand by so she could make a phone call to the person who was scheduled to interview me in person for the actual interview. About 10mins later I was interviewed by the Branch manager instead of the General manager. Overall I think this was very unprofessional not to even be organized. I know this is a very good company to work for and I will not give up on them. It's been 3 weeks and I've still haven't heard anything, so I'm gonna keep my hopes up and wish that maybe some day before the holidays I'll receive a call back.

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview process was pretty typical, mostly asked about sales experience and mannerisms to ensure I could provide a great customer experience. Managers seemed great, seemed like a fairly good training program and willingness to teach. Working with tourists from all over the world can be daunting, but they've got some good tips and tricks. .

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz in July 2014.

The Interview process consisted of 2 interviews on different days via the phone. The First Interview via phone was pretty easy, typical customer service questions. The second interview via phone was a little more in depth questions. She asked that the answers be candid. She wanted very detailed answers because she was typing the answers you gave. So when she didn't type anything I said, I figured my answer wasn't good enough. That happed a lot.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went out your way for a customer what did you do extra for the customer and how did the customer feel afterwards.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in June 2014.

A representative of Hertz called me to schedule an appointment, I took 2 copies of my resume. One copy went to the Manager and one copy was for the person who interviewed me- who was also a manager. I had to return for a second interview- both were 1 on 1.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions: Have you ever had to deal with difficult customers and if so how did you handle it?   View Answer
    Had to come back one more time and then they told me when to start.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hertz.

just fill out the form and u'll be set

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in October 2012.

Having read the entries on this website I was COMPLETELY prepared! The exact questions were used.

no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Ana, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz in May 2012.

Called from main recruiting office for local CSR job. Interview went well, I have solid references within the company, but never heard back. HR interviewer was short with me when I followed up, told me she would call me back but never did.

Interview Questions
    • There were none. Odd to have experience in the company, basically be sold the job during the interview and never even get a response.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eureka, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eureka, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz in January 2012.

first of all they interview you on the phone, then they interview face to face. y=if you get selected, they do a background check through a third party and a drug test. if you pass you get a job offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hertz in May 2011.

I applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter the next morning around 10am. We did a telephone interview, she told me what is required for telecommuting and she sent me an email with a link to the typing test. I was told to take it and she would call me Monday and (assuming I passed it) she would set up my interview for Tuesday at the local office. Call came Monday, and I interviewed Tuesday. I was hired and told that technician would be sent to set up computer and phone in my home.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you encountered an irate customer upset because they feel they have been charged too much?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hertz in September 2009.

The entire process was a piece of cake. I submitted a resume through careerbuilder. 2 weeks later I got a call for an interview. I interviewed with the supervisor then I interviewed with the branch manager. the next day I was offered the job