Hertz

Average Difficulty
312 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in February 2014.

Interview Details – The process took a while, the interview was okay. The pay rate for the position is ridiculously low for such a position. The salary is not negotiable as well as scheduling. Overall, it's not a bad company to work for if you are new to the market.

Interview Question – Interview is Easy, basic customer service questions.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Location was clean and staff was polite, had an ops audit being conducted when I was there. Hiring manager was friendly and answered all of my questions. Manager was straight forward about position and compensation and hours.

Interview Question – What interests you in this position?   View Answer

Manager Trainee

I applied online and interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Phone interview, interviews with managers. Pretty much telling you its a sales position and you are expected to sell optional coverages and upsell options. There is nothing special. They will interview anyone with a pulse and no record.

Interview Question – Nothing crazy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in February 2014.

Interview Details – I signed up online for the position. After about two days, I was contacted via phone and asked a few questions. They were basic questions which were not very hard to answer. I was then scheduled for a face to face interview. I meet with two gentlemen who than asked many behavioral questions. The first interview lasted about 40 minutes. About two days later, I was contacted via phone to schedule a second interview. The second interview was at a different location with two Branch Managers. They admitted to being best friends and stated that they started with the company about 5 years ago. The second interview seemed pointless, they asked no question and one even answered his phone to have a private conversation. The interview consisted mainly of me asking them questions, most of which, I was already given information on.

After the second face to face interview, I was contacted via email and told that they were considering other candidates. I was totally confused because I had did every thing correct, and the second interview just appeared as if the two managers were just looking for another Frat brother to join their work environment.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years? Why do you wanna work for this company? GIve me an example of a time when you.. etc?   Answer Question

Car Sales Interview

Car Sales
Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Their online application was a bit different from others and kind of weird to get through. The interview went well and they decided to hire me. After that it took about a week and a half to two weeks before I could finally start working because the paperwork and background check and all that took so long for them to complete. They needed w-2's and 1099's to prove my work history which was weird and I wanted to start a little sooner. After I finally started on day one there was a HUGE employee handbook and tons more paperwork to go through. Finished it all that day but if you're not great at reading... Good luck! Also another thing to take note of is that it's somewhat disorganized and hard to really get going here. This dealership in particular is pretty new though and that probably has something to do with it. I have been here just over a week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the pay is pretty straight forward but better than most other dealerships because they pay you hourly plus commission so you don't have to sell 7-10 cars to get more money out of your check. You get your hourly pay and once you sell a car you get more for the first car and the same for every car after that.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Melbourne, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in June 2014.

Interview Details – A representative of Hertz called me to schedule an appointment, I took 2 copies of my resume. One copy went to the Manager and one copy was for the person who interviewed me- who was also a manager. I had to return for a second interview- both were 1 on 1.

Interview Question – Typical questions: Have you ever had to deal with difficult customers and if so how did you handle it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Had to come back one more time and then they told me when to start.

San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in June 2014.

Interview Details – applied online, they called me to do a quick interview with HR, then did an interview with some local branch managers: that i interview i really got the sense that they enjoyed working there, when i asked them what was their favorite thing about working at Hertz there was no hesitation on their part to answer, they seem to be genuine people. a week later i met with the area manager, she was tough. she asked questions i have never thought of, and she seemed to have gotten a really good feel of my personality because she was openly giving me feedback and advice. Hertz does a behavioral interview, youtube the STAR method and it should help you out.

Interview Question – name 3 positive/negative things the people close to you would say about you, what is something that you need to work on personally that may advance your career?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Three step process: 1- Recruiter contacts you and does a quick screen. If he feels you are good fit, he schedules you for face to face interview. 2- Face-to-Face interview with Local Branch Manager, if you impress then, you are scheduled to meet with the Area Manager. 3- Based on your interview with Area Manager, the Recruiter will contact you if you get the job.

Interview Question – Question not difficult, they are looking for people with great customer service attitude, great sales personality, leadership and quick to think on your feet. Most questions you will get are scenario like...   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I didn't think I was a perfect fit for the position, job demanded long hours with low pay...

Branch Manager Trainee

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Applied online through Indeed.com, called by a recruiter about 2 weeks later, impromptu interview and conversation with the recruiter, interview with area manager the next day, hired one day later, 2 weeks to finalize the background check, drug screen, and get employee ID set up.

Interview Question – Why choose Hertz over our competitors?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. The rate is stated by the recruiter.

Hertz Management Trainee Interview

Hertz Management Trainee

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Filled out application and received a call no more than 2 days later. Set up interview. Interview was awesome! Area manager just wanted to know if I could hold a conversation.

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!