Hertz

322 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Recruiting Manager Interview

Recruiting Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process began with a phone screen by the recruiter. The next step was to interview face to face directly with the direct supervisor and then finally with that supervisor's direct manager. Three days later I received a call with the job offer.

Interview Question – All questions were straightforward.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very direct.

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – This process was a joke. They asked a few questions and then seemed to hire anyone looking for a job. No need for any competence. They make you take a drug test and conduct a background check but that's about it. They hire anyone.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress and pressure?   Answer Question

Area Manager Interview

Area Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz in March 2014.

Interview Details – The process was very long and spread out and I had to travel a lot to do 4 different interviews. The interview questions were pretty direct and clear. I knew exactly what I needed to answer without feeling like I had to rush.

Interview Question – What would be one of my biggest challenges coming aboard in a new management position?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Domestic Reservations Agent Interview

Domestic Reservations Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Very easy. Typical STAR behavioral interviews. Make sure you give a specific example to support what you're saying. Please remember to dress for the interview, you don't have to wear a suit, but you probably don't want to wear jeans.

Interview Question – None. It truly is the most basic interview questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Cannot negotiate salary

Counter Sales Representative Interview

Counter Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz in July 2014.

Interview Details – i was referred by a current employee 7/6 i was contacted by recruiter on the 7th. my first and only interview was with gm and store manager at the same time. The asked your normal interview questions. they did ask me to pick any item in the room and sale it to them. lucky for me the gm and i are both fans of mustangs so i pitched that to him as he had a poster on the wall. I received my offer letter 7/24 through email. i submitted all info needed for background check and drug test that same day. 7/31 i was asked to start 8/6 so the process took just about a month.

Interview Question – choose any item in this room and sale it to me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation. i was offered the job with $10.00 base pay

Counter Sales Representative Interview

Counter Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – first they make it wow no better place to work 3 to 5 days training at the computer til your eyes get tired ,answer all kind of stupid questions of their policies safety customer service witch does not much at all with the their real work ,after you done with training you have to watch an agent who has experience witch all of them they don`t want you to stand up behind their back and listen how they do the sale process because! 1st NONE of them really follow the dialogue witch they suppose to 2nd the dialogue itself witch makes u become machine all cheaters to make some money they want u to sale to every single customer the more money u make the nothing you get because of the stupid SRPD payout commission forget about it, they will come after you every little stupid think ,everything is based on lies and scams ,if you r good person they will make worst one out of you and it s the place where u get high high stress u never seen in ur life and drama spoiled customers they treat you BAD and u have to say I am sorry no back up from the managers take it this way selfish selfish don t wast ur time

Interview Question – no no the place is awefull u will get every montal sickness   Answer Question

Manager Associate Interview

Manager Associate

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz in January 2012.

Interview Details – I got the job through a "recuriter" who scheduled the interview. The Branch Manager did the initial interview, then the Area Manager spent a few minutes talking to me in his office. I had to "follow up" with them on a weekly basis. When I called, they told me that I was supposed to have started work the previous week. Again, I had no idea.

Negotiation Details – Hertz salaries are set in stone. No negotiations were allowed. Take it or leave it.

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Human Resources Business Partner
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial contact from recruiter to further gauge interest and see if I still wanted to interview. Agreed to take a call for a phone interview from the recruiter the next day. 30 minute phone interview with recruiter to gauge knowledge and experience. After phone interview, I was invited to interview with local HR peers. Interviewed with two HR people at the same time, standard battery of experience questions with some behavioral interview questions. Maybe 45 minutes with the two of them. They laid out a realistic job preview detailing the downsides of the job including frustrations with quarterly hiring freezes and a messed up accounting system that hasn't paid proper sales bonuses to the CSR team in two years. Sounds like a frustrating organization to work for. The people I interviewed with were nice enough, but even they didn't know what the next steps in the interview process would be and what the timeline would be like. From my continued job search, it looks like they've since downgraded the position to an Associate HR Business Partner instead of regular HR Business Partner, but no follow-up from corporate to let me know what was going on with my application at all.

Interview Question – Really basic behavioral questions. Look up sample behavioral interview questions online and practice answering several before an interview. You should be OK.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Branch Manager Trainee

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in July 2014.

Interview Details – First applied online and received a phone call about a week later. I spoke with the recruiter on the phone and answered a few basic questions. I received a call a few days after that where I scheduled a face to face interview. Very basic behavioral questions about past job experiences.

Interview Question – There were none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in February 2014.

Interview Details – The process took a while, the interview was okay. The pay rate for the position is ridiculously low for such a position. The salary is not negotiable as well as scheduling. Overall, it's not a bad company to work for if you are new to the market.

Interview Question – Interview is Easy, basic customer service questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!