Hertz Interview Questions

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.4

Manager Interview

It generally takes two interviews to get hired on. First you meet with the Branch Manager, followed by an interview with the Area Manager. It usually takes about a week for them to call you if they like you. The Human Resource Recruiter will do a phone interview first to screen all candidates.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hertz.

Interview was easy. I had worked for enterprise before applying and knew I would be a good fit. 2 months later I got a job offer. I can't believe it took that long. There was a phone interview, interview with area manager and then my offer. I know I will be a branch manager soon as I was one for enterprise. The positive Hertz is growing and trying to be more competitive. The starting pay is not good, but if you stick with it you will make 6 figures in the matter of 5 years.

None

Hertz Branch Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz.

I submitted an application online and got an email from the recruiting lady, who was very energetic and nice , she set me up with an interview the next day with the area manager and 2 days later I got offered the job

Interview Questions
    It's very straight forward. Behavior questions are asked

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in October 2014.

The interview was pretty basic. Questions consisted of "so, tell me about yourself. How did you like your last job? what did you like/dislike about your position? what were your responsibilities? why choose hertz over competitors? why should we hire you over someone else?"

Hertz Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz in October 2014.

Since applying for Hertz last week, I can say that the hiring process moves pretty swiftly because I received a phone interview two days ago and went in for the interview today. The person interviewing as an area manager who seemed polite and straight forward about the day-to-day duties of a manager in training with a non-airport location site. He also explained the process to becoming a manager if one successfully completes the program between 9 months to a year. The next step after the 1st face-to-face interview is a 2nd face-to-face interview with the supervisor of the area manager who first interviewed me in person.

Interview Questions
    • I could say the most difficult question could be why Hertz? There were several ways of answering this question without seeming fake, so I took the direct approach and mostly focused my response on the fact that Hertz is a company that offers opportunities for growth and that it really does care about its employees which is for the most part perhaps true especially since the area manager says that in 4 years of working with Hertz, he has not seen one person get laid-off. According to the area manager, Hertz seems like a company that strives to listen to their employees especially since the employees are the ones who are in the trenches day in and day out.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Its the simplest interview ever because its a mediocre job. There is a high turn over so there is a constant hiring going on. Apply online, get an email to complete an online assessment, if successful you will get a call back that will invite you to an actual interview. From there it is smooth sailing especially if you have a sales and customer service experience.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, its hourly pay

Hertz Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

I initially applied for a lower position, but they offered me to interview for a position that required a Bachelors Degree which I had. The interview was fun, there really cool individuals compared to stuck up enterprise. They make you feel comfortable and welcomed.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted me to try to sell them something.   View Answer
    no negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Applied for the position in late July and receive a phone call for an 10min phone interview early August. The phone interview went pretty well as far as I was concerned. I was ask basic questions then at the end of the phone interview I was ask specifically what time would work best for me if I were to get an in person interview. I told the recruiter on the phone that I 10 o'clock AM the next week would work for me since I had no plans. Well whenever it was time for my interview that following week I arrived at the branch where the interview was suppose to take place at 10 o'clock AM and was told by one of the front desk customer service representatives that my my interview was actually schedule for 8 o'clock am which I knew was very inaccurate. So I was told to contact my phone recruiter and she then told me to stand by so she could make a phone call to the person who was scheduled to interview me in person for the actual interview. About 10mins later I was interviewed by the Branch manager instead of the General manager. Overall I think this was very unprofessional not to even be organized. I know this is a very good company to work for and I will not give up on them. It's been 3 weeks and I've still haven't heard anything, so I'm gonna keep my hopes up and wish that maybe some day before the holidays I'll receive a call back.

Contribution Strategist II Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Phone interview with recruiter, than phone interview with directors, followed by Ravens test, than in person interview with panel of directors. be familiar with the and demonstrate that you are confident in your abilities and a great manager to time. Personal responsibility is key to success

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years.
      What do you believe a contribution strategist does?
      when you are behind and have many tasks to complete, how would you decide what task would be the most important to compete first.
        Answer Question

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Standard proceduure. 1st Interview w/local managers and district manager. 2nd interview w/branch specific manager. Most Communication was with a recruiter that was at company Headquarters in New Jersey.

Interview Questions
    • nothing too hard, best question was how would you handle a Monday morning with a short staff   Answer Question