Hertz

Getting the Interview

274 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Recruiter from headquarters called to brief you on the role and asks about your background. If chosen, the next step is an interview with a Branch Manager from an area and then a second interview with the Area Manager.

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer complaint?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – First received a phone call from HR to schedule a skype interview. After the skype interview, they call you in for an in person interview. Then finally offer you the job depending on if everything went well. After the offer, a drug test and background check is required.

Interview Question – There weren't that any difficult questions that I can recall, just some very basic ones that any company would ask you in a typical interview.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Manager Position Interview

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz in September 2013.

Interview Details – 2 Step Process
Phone Interview
Branch Manager interview

Basically easy and painless process. Get you on as fast as possible, because they need to fill slots due to high turnover rate.

Interview Question – What do you think about overtime?   Answer Question

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

Park Ridge, NJ

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz in March 2014.

Interview Details – Everything went well ,except prepare yourself well about the projects you've completed in your coursework or in your past experiences.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult, but do your basics well   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – The manager is looking for someone who is sales oriented and able to help grow their business. They will also ask if you are willing to clean the cars. You will also have to meet with the location manager to see if you are a fit for their location.

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer complaint.   Answer Question

Revenue Manager/Pricing Strategist Interview

Naples, FL

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz in February 2014.

Interview Details – Worked with Recruiter, was called into office for a Raven's test (analytic problem solving, general aptitude testing) which wasn't too challenging. Then met with hiring directors inside the division the same day. I never felt too much pressure or 'put through the ringer' like other interviews I've endured. The questions were fair and not too intimidating, more of a get to know the applicant and how he/she would succeed within the role and the company. I was called in for a 2nd face to face interview with the potential direct supervisor. From start to finish was a bit disjointed going though different channels, wish there was more feedback, yet overall a good interview experience. I am checking "No" I did not get an offer as it is still pending.

Interview Question – Switching industries was hardest to overcome personally... They asked to parallel my current position into how to maximize my contribution inside of Hertz within a new role   View Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Twin Falls, ID

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hertz in March 2014.

Interview Details – Call you on your Application, call you for phone interview. set up appointment to talk with hiring Manager.

Interview Question – Interviewing/Hiring Manager was not prepared had no questions to ask even forgot his pen.
 had to do self interview with him. have 21 years of management and told I don't have enough experience then they hired a 24 year old kid
  Answer Question

Customer Service Representative/Location Manager Interview

Newport Beach, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hertz in March 2014.

Interview Details – Open House recruiting in Newport Beach, California. It was an invite to interview for the above positions for Firefly Car Rental.

Interview Question – Standard form questions.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty straight forward. I meet with the Area Manager first and talked to him a little bit about my previous sales experience and how it can be applied to what they do at hertz. The interview lasted about a half and hour and then we sent up a second interview meeting to meet some of the other local managers and mainly had a quick Q&A on how Hertz is run and what the company is doing right now. It was relatively inform and after everything was all said and down I eventually heard back from them a week later with an offer letter.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in Hertz?   View Answer

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Went through 3 interviews. Was recruited at a job fair in college. Went through 2 interviews with the HR rep. Same questions as every other interview (why are you suited for this, what experiences do you have to benefit you). Final interview was with a Branch Manager. Asked situational questions

Interview Question – Give me a time when you delivered excellent/poor customer service.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hertz

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!

Hertz Videos

Hertz – Why Work for Us?

Who We Are In September of 1918, the pioneer of auto renting, Walter L. Jacobs, at the age of 22, opened a car-rental operation in Chicago. Starting with a dozen Model T Fords, which he repaired and repainted himself… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hertz interview questions and advice. All 274 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hertz employees and interview candidates.