Hertz

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.4

Manager Interview

It generally takes two interviews to get hired on. First you meet with the Branch Manager, followed by an interview with the Area Manager. It usually takes about a week for them to call you if they like you. The Human Resource Recruiter will do a phone interview first to screen all candidates.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hertz.

Interview was easy. I had worked for enterprise before applying and knew I would be a good fit. 2 months later I got a job offer. I can't believe it took that long. There was a phone interview, interview with area manager and then my offer. I know I will be a branch manager soon as I was one for enterprise. The positive Hertz is growing and trying to be more competitive. The starting pay is not good, but if you stick with it you will make 6 figures in the matter of 5 years.

None

Hertz Branch Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz.

I submitted an application online and got an email from the recruiting lady, who was very energetic and nice , she set me up with an interview the next day with the area manager and 2 days later I got offered the job

Interview Questions
    It's very straight forward. Behavior questions are asked

Hertz Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quincy, MA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz in October 2014.

Since applying for Hertz last week, I can say that the hiring process moves pretty swiftly because I received a phone interview two days ago and went in for the interview today. The person interviewing as an area manager who seemed polite and straight forward about the day-to-day duties of a manager in training with a non-airport location site. He also explained the process to becoming a manager if one successfully completes the program between 9 months to a year. The next step after the 1st face-to-face interview is a 2nd face-to-face interview with the supervisor of the area manager who first interviewed me in person.

Interview Questions
    • I could say the most difficult question could be why Hertz? There were several ways of answering this question without seeming fake, so I took the direct approach and mostly focused my response on the fact that Hertz is a company that offers opportunities for growth and that it really does care about its employees which is for the most part perhaps true especially since the area manager says that in 4 years of working with Hertz, he has not seen one person get laid-off. According to the area manager, Hertz seems like a company that strives to listen to their employees especially since the employees are the ones who are in the trenches day in and day out.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in October 2014.

The interview was pretty basic. Questions consisted of "so, tell me about yourself. How did you like your last job? what did you like/dislike about your position? what were your responsibilities? why choose hertz over competitors? why should we hire you over someone else?"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz in October 2014.

Interview process was ok. Management was friendly. Process was very quick. Still pending on my acceptance. Very excited over all. I will have my second interview tomorrow. I will be in the studio city location.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were asked. He just explained the position. There will also be a drug test and background check.   Answer Question
    Na

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in October 2014.

Easy phone interviews. They will promise you a lot and tell you lies about the hours, pay and location. They are just looking for people to become leaders and mangers- hence the management trainee title. They will process a background check and drug test you within 24 hours of you accepting the position which can be a hassle for anyone with a life.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to make a tough decision and what did you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation available.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Its the simplest interview ever because its a mediocre job. There is a high turn over so there is a constant hiring going on. Apply online, get an email to complete an online assessment, if successful you will get a call back that will invite you to an actual interview. From there it is smooth sailing especially if you have a sales and customer service experience.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, its hourly pay

Hertz Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

I initially applied for a lower position, but they offered me to interview for a position that required a Bachelors Degree which I had. The interview was fun, there really cool individuals compared to stuck up enterprise. They make you feel comfortable and welcomed.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted me to try to sell them something.   View Answer
    no negotiation

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

After you apply, you will be given a call within a week for the first over the phone interview. Standard boilerplate questions: Why Hertz? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me about a difficult time you had in your previous career and how you overcame this difficulty with sales/customer etc. Then if you pass that you have a second interview with an area manager. They will ask much of the same things but expect you to REALLY want to work for Hertz. If you like to sell or can sell this shouldn't be difficult, it's much like the first interview.

If you pass that interview, then you have a drug test and background check. From start to finish you should see about 1 month between applying and starting. Not a difficult process, they are aggressive.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult or unexpected questions. If you have been to a customer service related job or sales job, you will find nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    You have no option to negotiate. It is "take it or leave it."