Hertz

Updated Sep 16, 2014
Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.4

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz.

Location was clean and staff was polite, had an ops audit being conducted when I was there. Hiring manager was friendly and answered all of my questions. Manager was straight forward about position and compensation and hours.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Hertz.

Phone interview, interviews with managers. Pretty much telling you its a sales position and you are expected to sell optional coverages and upsell options. There is nothing special. They will interview anyone with a pulse and no record.

There was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in June 2014.

applied online, they called me to do a quick interview with HR, then did an interview with some local branch managers: that i interview i really got the sense that they enjoyed working there, when i asked them what was their favorite thing about working at Hertz there was no hesitation on their part to answer, they seem to be genuine people. a week later i met with the area manager, she was tough. she asked questions i have never thought of, and she seemed to have gotten a really good feel of my personality because she was openly giving me feedback and advice. Hertz does a behavioral interview, youtube the STAR method and it should help you out.

Interview Questions
    • name 3 positive/negative things the people close to you would say about you, what is something that you need to work on personally that may advance your career?   Answer Question
    no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz.

Three step process: 1- Recruiter contacts you and does a quick screen. If he feels you are good fit, he schedules you for face to face interview. 2- Face-to-Face interview with Local Branch Manager, if you impress then, you are scheduled to meet with the Area Manager. 3- Based on your interview with Area Manager, the Recruiter will contact you if you get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Question not difficult, they are looking for people with great customer service attitude, great sales personality, leadership and quick to think on your feet. Most questions you will get are scenario like...   Answer Question

I didn't think I was a perfect fit for the position, job demanded long hours with low pay...

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in February 2014.

I signed up online for the position. After about two days, I was contacted via phone and asked a few questions. They were basic questions which were not very hard to answer. I was then scheduled for a face to face interview. I meet with two gentlemen who than asked many behavioral questions. The first interview lasted about 40 minutes. About two days later, I was contacted via phone to schedule a second interview. The second interview was at a different location with two Branch Managers. They admitted to being best friends and stated that they started with the company about 5 years ago. The second interview seemed pointless, they asked no question and one even answered his phone to have a private conversation. The interview consisted mainly of me asking them questions, most of which, I was already given information on.

After the second face to face interview, I was contacted via email and told that they were considering other candidates. I was totally confused because I had did every thing correct, and the second interview just appeared as if the two managers were just looking for another Frat brother to join their work environment.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years? Why do you wanna work for this company? GIve me an example of a time when you.. etc?   Answer Question

Car Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Their online application was a bit different from others and kind of weird to get through. The interview went well and they decided to hire me. After that it took about a week and a half to two weeks before I could finally start working because the paperwork and background check and all that took so long for them to complete. They needed w-2's and 1099's to prove my work history which was weird and I wanted to start a little sooner. After I finally started on day one there was a HUGE employee handbook and tons more paperwork to go through. Finished it all that day but if you're not great at reading... Good luck! Also another thing to take note of is that it's somewhat disorganized and hard to really get going here. This dealership in particular is pretty new though and that probably has something to do with it. I have been here just over a week.

Interview Questions
    • Why car sales?   View Answer
    • How do you handle situations with an angry customer or a conflict with a co worker?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    No negotiation, the pay is pretty straight forward but better than most other dealerships because they pay you hourly plus commission so you don't have to sell 7-10 cars to get more money out of your check. You get your hourly pay and once you sell a car you get more for the first car and the same for every car after that.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melbourne, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in June 2014.

A representative of Hertz called me to schedule an appointment, I took 2 copies of my resume. One copy went to the Manager and one copy was for the person who interviewed me- who was also a manager. I had to return for a second interview- both were 1 on 1.

Interview Questions
    • Typical questions: Have you ever had to deal with difficult customers and if so how did you handle it?   View Answer
    Had to come back one more time and then they told me when to start.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Applied online through Indeed.com, called by a recruiter about 2 weeks later, impromptu interview and conversation with the recruiter, interview with area manager the next day, hired one day later, 2 weeks to finalize the background check, drug screen, and get employee ID set up.

Interview Questions
    • Why choose Hertz over our competitors?   View Answer
    No negotiations. The rate is stated by the recruiter.

Hertz Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Filled out application and received a call no more than 2 days later. Set up interview. Interview was awesome! Area manager just wanted to know if I could hold a conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in March 2014.

I interviewed at Hertz at Cleveland Hopkins Airport. First you walk in and there is no one working at the counter. People walk by and don't acknowledge you. That should have been a red flag. The interview was very basic and simple lasting 45 minutes. Retail management is retail management. The recruiter told me that I would hear back from her within a week. A week went by and nothing. I called her and she told me that they were still interviewing and they would get back to me. Again, nothing happened. I called back 2 weeks later and she told me that they have not come to a conclusion; so I gave up. I'm not playing that game with folks.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were simple and direct. How do you motivate others? How do you influence others at work? How do you drive profitable sales?   Answer Question