Hertz

Relevance Date Difficulty

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Branch Manager Trainee
Cleveland, OH

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in March 2014.

Interview Details – I interviewed at Hertz at Cleveland Hopkins Airport. First you walk in and there is no one working at the counter. People walk by and don't acknowledge you. That should have been a red flag. The interview was very basic and simple lasting 45 minutes. Retail management is retail management. The recruiter told me that I would hear back from her within a week. A week went by and nothing. I called her and she told me that they were still interviewing and they would get back to me. Again, nothing happened. I called back 2 weeks later and she told me that they have not come to a conclusion; so I gave up. I'm not playing that game with folks.

Interview Question – Questions were simple and direct. How do you motivate others? How do you influence others at work? How do you drive profitable sales?   Answer Question

Hertz Management Trainee Interview

Hertz Management Trainee
Charlottesville, VA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hertz in February 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview with Hertz Recruiter, if accepted they will forward your resume to the Branch Manager. Branch Manager will ask basic questions such as tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 yrs

Interview Question – None, if you're know how to sell yourself than you will no difficulties landing a job with Hertz   Answer Question

Hertz Management Trainee Interview

Hertz Management Trainee
Duarte, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz in May 2014.

Interview Details – Had 1 interview where the Area Manager pretty much just asks about yourself and gauges your self motivation and strengths. No curve balls, you just need to sell yourself really be ready for work. You must prove that you're good with customer service as well as sales. The area manager was pretty much telling me about the job already and what I should expect so it kind of felt like a job interview and a job orientation all in one.

Interview Question – Experiences in previous positions and how they apply to the position that you are applying for.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee
Novato, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz in June 2012.

Interview Details – one interview, background check, driving record check, drug test. Whole process took 1-2 months. I knew an employee there and knew I was going to get hired before the interview even took place.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Branch Manager Trainee
Dallas, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Hertz in May 2014.

Interview Details – first interview with the branch manager then the area manger, just be your self. I already want to quit because they treat the employees like slaves! i worked as branch manager trainee, they should change the name to cleaning and service trainee ! there is nothing related to management in this position.

Interview Question – normal easy questions about your qualifications   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Outside Sales Representative

Interviewed at Hertz

Interview Details – the interview process was long and methodical> it started with a phone screen> then the next step was a personality test. then there was a first interview with the head recruiter. the next interview was withe the sales manager< then the job offer was made by the recruiter

Interview Question – Biggest mistake made during a sales call   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the HR manager in her office. She was a delight. She made the interview comfortable and the meeting held with her was the longest of all the interviews conducting. The next interview was held by the department manager. This interview was a little more uptight, yet informative and she was direct and to the point. The finance manager held the shortest of all the interviews. It lasted all but 5 minutes.

Interview Question – How will you be an added value to the company ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

First Notice of Loss Examiner Interview

First Notice of Loss Examiner
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Hertz in April 2014.

Interview Details – The position I was hired for was a First Notice of Loss Examiner, but the interview was NOT for the FNOL Examiner. The interview was for a COLLECTOR with the Central Recovery Unit department. The company did this to ensure that the employees (FNOL Examiners) in Dallas did not find out that they were losing their jobs.

My first interview was with a recruiter out of the then headquarters in Park Ridge, NJ. My final interview was with two supervisors on site (Hertz Administrative Center). Neither mentioned the Examiner position, at all. All details shared and questions asked pertained to the Collector position.

Orientation lasted one day. From there, we (new employees) sat with Examiners who had been in their roles for about a month. This was our training. It took over a month to get the initial log ins ... other [usually] non-essential log ins were distributed over the next few months.

Interview Question – There weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions. The questions were all very standard for a collection or phone job. (This would have been ok IF the position I was hired for was actually a collector position.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. For this type of work, the pay was acceptable.

Counter Sales Representative Interview

Counter Sales Representative
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz in March 2012.

Interview Details – they just want to see that you are approachable, and have customer service experience, i went to the open house they held in jfk, i received a call back from there i did about interview at the main office location in NYC, got a call back with instruction to take a drug test by the next bus day

Sales Agen Interview

Sales Agen
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hertz in February 2012.

Interview Details – Background check takes 6 weeks, then a drug test. On site interview with manager.