Hertz Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.4

Domestic Reservations Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Very easy. Typical STAR behavioral interviews. Make sure you give a specific example to support what you're saying. Please remember to dress for the interview, you don't have to wear a suit, but you probably don't want to wear jeans.

Cannot negotiate salary

Counter Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hertz.

first they make it wow no better place to work 3 to 5 days training at the computer til your eyes get tired ,answer all kind of stupid questions of their policies safety customer service witch does not much at all with the their real work ,after you done with training you have to watch an agent who has experience witch all of them they don`t want you to stand up behind their back and listen how they do the sale process because! 1st NONE of them really follow the dialogue witch they suppose to 2nd the dialogue itself witch makes u become machine all cheaters to make some money they want u to sale to every single customer the more money u make the nothing you get because of the stupid SRPD payout commission forget about it, they will come after you every little stupid think ,everything is based on lies and scams ,if you r good person they will make worst one out of you and it s the place where u get high high stress u never seen in ur life and drama spoiled customers they treat you BAD and u have to say I am sorry no back up from the managers take it this way selfish selfish don t wast ur time

Interview Questions
    • no no the place is awefull u will get every montal sickness   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz.

Location was clean and staff was polite, had an ops audit being conducted when I was there. Hiring manager was friendly and answered all of my questions. Manager was straight forward about position and compensation and hours.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

Phone interview, interviews with managers. Pretty much telling you its a sales position and you are expected to sell optional coverages and upsell options. There is nothing special. They will interview anyone with a pulse and no record.

There was none

Counter Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz in July 2014.

i was referred by a current employee 7/6 i was contacted by recruiter on the 7th. my first and only interview was with gm and store manager at the same time. The asked your normal interview questions. they did ask me to pick any item in the room and sale it to them. lucky for me the gm and i are both fans of mustangs so i pitched that to him as he had a poster on the wall. I received my offer letter 7/24 through email. i submitted all info needed for background check and drug test that same day. 7/31 i was asked to start 8/6 so the process took just about a month.

no negotiation. i was offered the job with $10.00 base pay

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in July 2014.

First applied online and received a phone call about a week later. I spoke with the recruiter on the phone and answered a few basic questions. I received a call a few days after that where I scheduled a face to face interview. Very basic behavioral questions about past job experiences.

No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz in July 2014.

The Interview process consisted of 2 interviews on different days via the phone. The First Interview via phone was pretty easy, typical customer service questions. The second interview via phone was a little more in depth questions. She asked that the answers be candid. She wanted very detailed answers because she was typing the answers you gave. So when she didn't type anything I said, I figured my answer wasn't good enough. That happed a lot.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went out your way for a customer what did you do extra for the customer and how did the customer feel afterwards.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz.

Three step process: 1- Recruiter contacts you and does a quick screen. If he feels you are good fit, he schedules you for face to face interview. 2- Face-to-Face interview with Local Branch Manager, if you impress then, you are scheduled to meet with the Area Manager. 3- Based on your interview with Area Manager, the Recruiter will contact you if you get the job.

Interview Questions
    • Question not difficult, they are looking for people with great customer service attitude, great sales personality, leadership and quick to think on your feet. Most questions you will get are scenario like...   Answer Question

I didn't think I was a perfect fit for the position, job demanded long hours with low pay...

Car Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Their online application was a bit different from others and kind of weird to get through. The interview went well and they decided to hire me. After that it took about a week and a half to two weeks before I could finally start working because the paperwork and background check and all that took so long for them to complete. They needed w-2's and 1099's to prove my work history which was weird and I wanted to start a little sooner. After I finally started on day one there was a HUGE employee handbook and tons more paperwork to go through. Finished it all that day but if you're not great at reading... Good luck! Also another thing to take note of is that it's somewhat disorganized and hard to really get going here. This dealership in particular is pretty new though and that probably has something to do with it. I have been here just over a week.

Interview Questions
    • Why car sales?   View Answer
    • How do you handle situations with an angry customer or a conflict with a co worker?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    No negotiation, the pay is pretty straight forward but better than most other dealerships because they pay you hourly plus commission so you don't have to sell 7-10 cars to get more money out of your check. You get your hourly pay and once you sell a car you get more for the first car and the same for every car after that.

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Applied online through Indeed.com, called by a recruiter about 2 weeks later, impromptu interview and conversation with the recruiter, interview with area manager the next day, hired one day later, 2 weeks to finalize the background check, drug screen, and get employee ID set up.

Interview Questions
    • Why choose Hertz over our competitors?   View Answer
    No negotiations. The rate is stated by the recruiter.