Hertz

Updated Feb 20, 2015
Updated Feb 20, 2015

2.4

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in October 2014.

Easy phone interviews. They will promise you a lot and tell you lies about the hours, pay and location. They are just looking for people to become leaders and mangers- hence the management trainee title. They will process a background check and drug test you within 24 hours of you accepting the position which can be a hassle for anyone with a life.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to make a tough decision and what did you do?   Answer Question
    No negotiation available.

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Its the simplest interview ever because its a mediocre job. There is a high turn over so there is a constant hiring going on. Apply online, get an email to complete an online assessment, if successful you will get a call back that will invite you to an actual interview. From there it is smooth sailing especially if you have a sales and customer service experience.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, its hourly pay

Hertz Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

I initially applied for a lower position, but they offered me to interview for a position that required a Bachelors Degree which I had. The interview was fun, there really cool individuals compared to stuck up enterprise. They make you feel comfortable and welcomed.

Interview Questions
    • They wanted me to try to sell them something.   View Answer
    no negotiation

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

After you apply, you will be given a call within a week for the first over the phone interview. Standard boilerplate questions: Why Hertz? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me about a difficult time you had in your previous career and how you overcame this difficulty with sales/customer etc. Then if you pass that you have a second interview with an area manager. They will ask much of the same things but expect you to REALLY want to work for Hertz. If you like to sell or can sell this shouldn't be difficult, it's much like the first interview.

If you pass that interview, then you have a drug test and background check. From start to finish you should see about 1 month between applying and starting. Not a difficult process, they are aggressive.

Interview Questions
    • There are no difficult or unexpected questions. If you have been to a customer service related job or sales job, you will find nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
    You have no option to negotiate. It is "take it or leave it."

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Applied for the position in late July and receive a phone call for an 10min phone interview early August. The phone interview went pretty well as far as I was concerned. I was ask basic questions then at the end of the phone interview I was ask specifically what time would work best for me if I were to get an in person interview. I told the recruiter on the phone that I 10 o'clock AM the next week would work for me since I had no plans. Well whenever it was time for my interview that following week I arrived at the branch where the interview was suppose to take place at 10 o'clock AM and was told by one of the front desk customer service representatives that my my interview was actually schedule for 8 o'clock am which I knew was very inaccurate. So I was told to contact my phone recruiter and she then told me to stand by so she could make a phone call to the person who was scheduled to interview me in person for the actual interview. About 10mins later I was interviewed by the Branch manager instead of the General manager. Overall I think this was very unprofessional not to even be organized. I know this is a very good company to work for and I will not give up on them. It's been 3 weeks and I've still haven't heard anything, so I'm gonna keep my hopes up and wish that maybe some day before the holidays I'll receive a call back.

Contribution Strategist II Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Phone interview with recruiter, than phone interview with directors, followed by Ravens test, than in person interview with panel of directors. be familiar with the and demonstrate that you are confident in your abilities and a great manager to time. Personal responsibility is key to success

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years.
      What do you believe a contribution strategist does?
      when you are behind and have many tasks to complete, how would you decide what task would be the most important to compete first.

Answer Question

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Standard proceduure. 1st Interview w/local managers and district manager. 2nd interview w/branch specific manager. Most Communication was with a recruiter that was at company Headquarters in New Jersey.

Interview Questions
    • nothing too hard, best question was how would you handle a Monday morning with a short staff   Answer Question

Branch Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in September 2014.

I filled out an application online. 4 days later I received an invitation to go to the open house event they were having. At the open house I had a on the spot interview with the area manager. She said I could expect to hear from someone in 2 weeks, but 2 days later they called and made a employment offer. The entire process took 2 weeks.

The interview was easy, mostly just conversation. The pay seems low ($10/hr) but has the potential of earning more with overtime and bonuses.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a difficult customer. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Manager Trainee Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz in September 2014.

Very quick and easy. Came in and was jointly interviews with the assistant branch manager. It was a fun interview because they were fearless in showing up as people instead of this mechanical person interviewing a potential employee. I felt welcomed to the team before they even asked me to join.

Interview Questions
    There was a weekend that I would be traveling and made it clear that I wouldn't take the job unless I could get that time off. It was agreed with no hesitation.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in September 2014.

You must apply online through Hertz website. Usually an online assessment of about 2-hours is included at the end of application; you can take it at the same time or later, but you have to take it before your application is considered complete. Then, depending on meeting the job requirements, a recruiter will call you and set up a different time for a phone interview, which is the first step. Then most likely you will get referred to a face-to-face interview at the site of business with the site manager. If that goes well, you will be referred to either a face-to-face or a phone interview with the area manager.

Interview Questions
    • You have done enough back-office work, what makes you think you will be successful in a customer facing retail environment now?   View Answer