Hertz

Updated Aug 25, 2014

2.2

56 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

Interviewed with Branch manager then interviewed with the area manager, both were fairly easy interviews. They were both pretty lengthy, the one with the area manager more so than the one with branch manager.

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in February 2014.

I signed up online for the position. After about two days, I was contacted via phone and asked a few questions. They were basic questions which were not very hard to answer. I was then scheduled for a face to face interview. I meet with two gentlemen who than asked many behavioral questions. The first interview lasted about 40 minutes. About two days later, I was contacted via phone to schedule a second interview. The second interview was at a different location with two Branch Managers. They admitted to being best friends and stated that they started with the company about 5 years ago. The second interview seemed pointless, they asked no question and one even answered his phone to have a private conversation. The interview consisted mainly of me asking them questions, most of which, I was already given information on.

After the second face to face interview, I was contacted via email and told that they were considering other candidates. I was totally confused because I had did every thing correct, and the second interview just appeared as if the two managers were just looking for another Frat brother to join their work environment.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years? Why do you wanna work for this company? GIve me an example of a time when you.. etc?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shreveport, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hertz in June 2014.

You have to go through three interviews in order to be hired. The 1st one is with the recruiter. I just went through the 2nd interview, it wasn't to bad. I waiting to get my schedule my 3rd interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was told during the 3rd interview they asked you to sell a pen to them. Once I'll have the 3rd one, I'll keep you updated.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Hertz.

Recruiter from headquarters called to brief you on the role and asks about your background. If chosen, the next step is an interview with a Branch Manager from an area and then a second interview with the Area Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online - interviewed at Hertz in October 2012.

Phone interview with some HR person at first then I was called in for a face to face interview with the Area Manager. He was pretty cool and the interview was easy just asked about my resume and leadership experience I had

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in October 2012.

The interview was pretty straight forward. I meet with the Area Manager first and talked to him a little bit about my previous sales experience and how it can be applied to what they do at hertz. The interview lasted about a half and hour and then we sent up a second interview meeting to meet some of the other local managers and mainly had a quick Q&A on how Hertz is run and what the company is doing right now. It was relatively inform and after everything was all said and down I eventually heard back from them a week later with an offer letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hertz in June 2010.

Interview process is rather simple. You are interviewed with Senior manager and HR partner. They asked a lot of scenario questions related to customer service and sale. They usually get back to you within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Most question are quite simple and straight forward since this is an entry level position   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hertz.

The interview process was very efficient although very corporate. You apply online, entering the same thing a few times. Then, a corporate recruiter calls once or twice, sends you a test, and if that works out, you might get an in person interview with the Branch or Area Manager. The final step is a drug test. If you can show that you can sell, have a good dialogue with the interviewer, and demonstrate ambition and goals, you are in a good place.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, the interview was very straightforward and predictable.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Easy interview. They like someone who posses leadership quality and experience. Sales is big with this company so you have to be outgoing and not shy. Be honest and truthful in the interview. Do not make yourself seem like someone you are not, because it will show later on down the road with the job.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just be yourself and sound educated and professional. First impression is the last impression. You don't want to go into the interview and not get the job without even having a question being asked. Dress is important and tell a lot.   Answer Question
    Set hourly rate

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hertz in June 2012.

Was contacted by corporate recruiter from New Jersey. Got an interview the next day with an Area Manager. I only had one interview with him and it was fairly easy

Interview Questions
    • When was there a time where there was a customer service issue and what did you do to fix it?   View Answer

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!