Hertz

Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.3

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Applied online and received a call from recruiter. Had a 30 min phone interview and was invited to come to the office for an in person interview. Was interview by Branch and Area Manager. Asked how would I use my previous experience to succeed in the job, what makes me the right candidate, tell me about a time when... questions. Lasted about 45 mins overall,

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected, just about previous experience and how I would use it to become a great salesman   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Klamath Falls, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in September 2014.

You must apply online through Hertz website. Usually an online assessment of about 2-hours is included at the end of application; you can take it at the same time or later, but you have to take it before your application is considered complete. Then, depending on meeting the job requirements, a recruiter will call you and set up a different time for a phone interview, which is the first step. Then most likely you will get referred to a face-to-face interview at the site of business with the site manager. If that goes well, you will be referred to either a face-to-face or a phone interview with the area manager.

Interview Questions
    • You have done enough back-office work, what makes you think you will be successful in a customer facing retail environment now?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied for Hertz and received a phone called ten days after submitting my application online. My recruiter did a basic phone interview telling me what the company and the position was about. After he finished, he asked if I was still interested and of course I said yes. We scheduled my in-person interview for the following Tuesday with the area manager. I had to drive an hour for my interview because the interview wasn't at the location at which I applied, but it wasn't a big deal for me. I actually had my interview with the former Area Manager, and the interview lasted about 20 minutes. My interview was at 10am Tuesday morning and was given a job offer by 3pm that afternoon.

Interview Questions
    • If a person were still in the Management Trainee position after a year, do you feel that is it fair for the company to let that individual go?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Interviewed with Branch manager then interviewed with the area manager, both were fairly easy interviews. They were both pretty lengthy, the one with the area manager more so than the one with branch manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hertz in June 2014.

You have to go through three interviews in order to be hired. The 1st one is with the recruiter. I just went through the 2nd interview, it wasn't to bad. I waiting to get my schedule my 3rd interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was told during the 3rd interview they asked you to sell a pen to them. Once I'll have the 3rd one, I'll keep you updated.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hertz.

Recruiter from headquarters called to brief you on the role and asks about your background. If chosen, the next step is an interview with a Branch Manager from an area and then a second interview with the Area Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in February 2014.

I signed up online for the position. After about two days, I was contacted via phone and asked a few questions. They were basic questions which were not very hard to answer. I was then scheduled for a face to face interview. I meet with two gentlemen who than asked many behavioral questions. The first interview lasted about 40 minutes. About two days later, I was contacted via phone to schedule a second interview. The second interview was at a different location with two Branch Managers. They admitted to being best friends and stated that they started with the company about 5 years ago. The second interview seemed pointless, they asked no question and one even answered his phone to have a private conversation. The interview consisted mainly of me asking them questions, most of which, I was already given information on.

After the second face to face interview, I was contacted via email and told that they were considering other candidates. I was totally confused because I had did every thing correct, and the second interview just appeared as if the two managers were just looking for another Frat brother to join their work environment.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years? Why do you wanna work for this company? GIve me an example of a time when you.. etc?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hertz.

The interview process was very efficient although very corporate. You apply online, entering the same thing a few times. Then, a corporate recruiter calls once or twice, sends you a test, and if that works out, you might get an in person interview with the Branch or Area Manager. The final step is a drug test. If you can show that you can sell, have a good dialogue with the interviewer, and demonstrate ambition and goals, you are in a good place.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, the interview was very straightforward and predictable.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Easy interview. They like someone who posses leadership quality and experience. Sales is big with this company so you have to be outgoing and not shy. Be honest and truthful in the interview. Do not make yourself seem like someone you are not, because it will show later on down the road with the job.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just be yourself and sound educated and professional. First impression is the last impression. You don't want to go into the interview and not get the job without even having a question being asked. Dress is important and tell a lot.   Answer Question
    Set hourly rate

Management Trainee Interview

Usually you apply and then a recruiter calls you within a couple days. Then you meet with the Area Sales Manager for a one on one interview. Business Professional is the attire, but the job itself is not anywhere close to being that professional

Interview Questions
    • What is you 5 year plan. Obviously, they expect you to put that you expect to be with the company in 5 years.   Answer Question