Hertz Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Recruiter called first and asked a few question. Interviewed with branch manager and Assistant Branch manager face to face. Second interview with Area Manager. I took a Drug test and they did a Background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to finish first or last   1 Answer

Negotiation

none

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from recruiter. Had a 30 min phone interview and was invited to come to the office for an in person interview. Was interview by Branch and Area Manager. Asked how would I use my previous experience to succeed in the job, what makes me the right candidate, tell me about a time when... questions. Lasted about 45 mins overall,

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected, just about previous experience and how I would use it to become a great salesman   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Richmond, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Everything went smoothly initially, basic questions you'd expect in an interview. Once we got past the introductory and questioning phases, I was told what the job entailed, which was really just a puffed up version of the truth, using professional words to hide the fact the job was essentially a glorified car-detailer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? How sales-oriented are you?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz in October 2014.

Interview

Easy phone interviews. They will promise you a lot and tell you lies about the hours, pay and location. They are just looking for people to become leaders and mangers- hence the management trainee title. They will process a background check and drug test you within 24 hours of you accepting the position which can be a hassle for anyone with a life.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to make a tough decision and what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Fayetteville, NC) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for Hertz and received a phone called ten days after submitting my application online. My recruiter did a basic phone interview telling me what the company and the position was about. After he finished, he asked if I was still interested and of course I said yes. We scheduled my in-person interview for the following Tuesday with the area manager. I had to drive an hour for my interview because the interview wasn't at the location at which I applied, but it wasn't a big deal for me. I actually had my interview with the former Area Manager, and the interview lasted about 20 minutes. My interview was at 10am Tuesday morning and was given a job offer by 3pm that afternoon.

Interview Questions

• If a person were still in the Management Trainee position after a year, do you feel that is it fair for the company to let that individual go?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Klamath Falls, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Klamath Falls, OR) in September 2014.

Interview

You must apply online through Hertz website. Usually an online assessment of about 2-hours is included at the end of application; you can take it at the same time or later, but you have to take it before your application is considered complete. Then, depending on meeting the job requirements, a recruiter will call you and set up a different time for a phone interview, which is the first step. Then most likely you will get referred to a face-to-face interview at the site of business with the site manager. If that goes well, you will be referred to either a face-to-face or a phone interview with the area manager.

Interview Questions

• You have done enough back-office work, what makes you think you will be successful in a customer facing retail environment now?   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Interview

Interviewed with Branch manager then interviewed with the area manager, both were fairly easy interviews. They were both pretty lengthy, the one with the area manager more so than the one with branch manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Shreveport, LA) in June 2014.

Interview

You have to go through three interviews in order to be hired. The 1st one is with the recruiter. I just went through the 2nd interview, it wasn't to bad. I waiting to get my schedule my 3rd interview.

Interview Questions

• I was told during the 3rd interview they asked you to sell a pen to them. Once I'll have the 3rd one, I'll keep you updated.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (San Antonio, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Fairly easy, seem like they needed to hire people. The phone interview went really well, basic questions. When i went to the in person interview, i had two area managers interviewing me at the same time. Only issue i had was that i had to wait almost an hour after the schedule interview time since they were in a meeting.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Hertz? Do you have any sales and/or customer service experience?   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Recruiter from headquarters called to brief you on the role and asks about your background. If chosen, the next step is an interview with a Branch Manager from an area and then a second interview with the Area Manager.