Hertz

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.3

Management Trainee Interview

Usually you apply and then a recruiter calls you within a couple days. Then you meet with the Area Sales Manager for a one on one interview. Business Professional is the attire, but the job itself is not anywhere close to being that professional

Interview Questions
  • What is you 5 year plan. Obviously, they expect you to put that you expect to be with the company in 5 years.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Management Trainee Interview

Have positive energy, passion to succeed, drive, and good communication skills

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hertz.

Phone interview, in person with branch manager, in person with regional manager

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Buzzards Bay, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Buzzards Bay, MA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hertz.

The intial communication was by a recruiter were they ask a couple simple questions about customer service experience and leadership experience. You then go in for an interview with the branch manager. My interview was more like a conversation about my background, skills, and why I wanted to work for Hertz. I was explained the process of moving up into the ranks. Then I had an interview with the area manager which asked you more difficult questions behavioral questions. After that I never heard anything back.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was the behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz.

I was contacted by someone at the hiring office regarding a local Management Trainee position for which I had applied. The hiring office guy described the trainee process and salary information, and we set up an initial interview.

I had been instructed to arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the interview time, and I hit the door precisely 15 minutes before. The interviewer was not remotely ready, and I waited about 10 minutes. Finally we got started. He was dressed somewhat shabbily, but was friendly enough. He didn't seem like he had much experience interviewing. He described the job, and it turned out to be a glorified sales/front counter job with *real* management potential much further down the line.

At the end of the interview, I was told that the next stage was an interview with the district manager, and I would be contacted if I qualified.

Less than 4 hours later, I received a call from the hiring office, offering me the job. I was quite surprised, but having already thought things through, I decided to turn down the position. It paid less than I was already making, and I was not interested in a sales position with a manager title.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing, really. The questions were incredibly basic and standard.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in October 2012.

The interview was pretty straight forward. I meet with the Area Manager first and talked to him a little bit about my previous sales experience and how it can be applied to what they do at hertz. The interview lasted about a half and hour and then we sent up a second interview meeting to meet some of the other local managers and mainly had a quick Q&A on how Hertz is run and what the company is doing right now. It was relatively inform and after everything was all said and down I eventually heard back from them a week later with an offer letter.

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hertz in September 2012.

Initial phone interview is very straight forward and pre-qualifies you before the in person interview process. First interview was with an area manager and the assistant branch manager of the location you would be assigned to, all questions based on how you would respond to certain situations, and based off of your past experiences in other jobs. If all goes well your HR personnel will schedule your second interview, the questions in this interview are all very similar. Be sure to ask questions at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

I was offered another job of similar training with a competitive salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, OH

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hertz.

I got a a call from a recruiter from hertz that asked if i was interested in an interview. i agreed then went to interview were i met the branch manger and he interviewed me. then was called back for a second interview with the branch manager and area manager. were they interviewed me again.

Interview Questions
    • nothing really difficult just was asked about if i had done sales. what i expected and giving a scenario or two in job situations.   Answer Question
    well i did not negotiate since it was my first job out of college.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in July 2012.

Applied through Monster.com and received a phone call 3 weeks later....better late then never. Was asked about my previous experiences and qualification. You must have good standing drivers license to meet their minimum requirement.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy questions, no curve balls. As long as you have a Bachelors degree, you're pretty much set. Retail or sales experience a plus.   Answer Question

Had other job opportunities

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz in June 2012.

Before getting an initial interview at the main office a phone interview was set up, which is very general and basic asking about your experience and going over your resume. the main interview was where i was confused. the "manager" interviewing me knew nothing about me at all, basically asking the same questions that the phone recruiter asked. The whole interview was basically just him explaining the job to be and me asking questions. It was a really laid back interview though and very non formal. After he told me that the pay was only $10.00 with overtime pay of time and a half I knew then that I was going to decline the offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you can handle a strict sales environment?   Answer Question

50+ hours a week only making $10.00 an hour. thats crazy. no work life balance. you work everyday from open until close with a saturday until 12 pm.