Hertz

Average Difficulty
55 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vancouver, WA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hertz in June 2010.

Interview Details – Got a call setting up an interview with the Airport manager at Hertz. Went in and interviewed and a week later got a call offering me the job.

Interview Question – What are your strengths?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I was offered a set hourly wage, take it or leave it.

Kingston, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hertz in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter a few days later. This phone call consisted of her telling me the basics: starting salary, what the job entails, location of open position, general info on hertz, etc. She then scheduled an interview for me with the manager of the store I would be working at. I probably over prepared as the interview took about ten minutes and was simply her seeing if I fit in with the culture, which was very laid back and casual. It also consisted of her telling me over and over again that I would be cleaning cars and not be getting paid very well to start. She seemed to have trouble hiring recent grads (Which is what I am) because they would complain about the pay and begin looking for other work, so keep that in mind.

I was then scheduled for an interview with the area manager (her boss). This interview was much more formal and consisted of him asking me to give examples of customer service and sales. Make sure you can think of these types of examples as it will make the interview easier. After the interview he pretty much told me that he thought I would be an asset to the company and I would fit in well in that office.

The recruiter then contacted me and told me the final step was a phone interview with the territory manager. I had to wait a few days for this to actually happen but once I got the call from this manager the phone interview was very quick and I was asked a couple of situational questions. She basically said she likes to talk to all of the candidates before they are hired.

30 minutes after that phone interview I was contacted by the recruited saying I had the job and all I had to do was complete a drug test and bg check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to help a disgruntled customer.   Answer Question
  • Do you think there are times when the rules should be bent?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, set hourly pay for trainees.

Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Hertz in May 2008.

Interview Details – Received an email to contact for 1:1 interview. Interview took place on location in the manager's office. He utilized a prepared packet with questions. I received a phone call from HR after the interview offering another position (lower salary) as they had decided to dissolve the position I was originally apping for.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   Answer Question
  • you are on a sailboat over the deepest part of the ocean, your friend drops a cannon ball into the water, how long does it take to get to the bottom?   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hertz in January 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring process was pretty straightforward. The interviewers did a terrible job at explaining to you what the job would entail. No mention of having to wash cars......lots of cars......

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.....do you want the job or not?

San Leandro, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz in June 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online at the hertz.com website a couple days later I got a call from a recruiter who asked me some questions. He set up a first interview for me with an area manager, she liked me so next I was schedule for an interview with her boss. They offered me the job but I am waiting to see what happens with other companies I have been interviewing with before I choose.

Interview Question – What was your least favorite part about your previous job?   Answer Question

Detroit, MI

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hertz in September 2008.

Interview Details – My interview was incredibly easy, as I was a referral of a well liked employee. I was asked a few questions about my experience, told what to expect, and then hired.

Very Easy Interview

SeaTac, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hertz in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online using the companies portal. Phone call from a national recruiter that lasting 30 minutes. Questions were behavioral type. Asked to complete online personality assessment and meet with a manager for 1:1 interview. Interviewer not at location and didn't know I was scheduled for interview.

Interview Question – What position are you applying for, as we're hiring for multiple positions?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Interviewer late for our appointment. When he did arrive he declined to bail out the other poor manager (nice guy, but no knowledge about me or what position I was applying for) conducting the interview for him. His office is attached to interview room and when an employee came to ask a question, the manager went into a profanity-laced tirade. I got up and left explaining this organization is not the type of culture which I want to be associated and thanked the nice interviewer.

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz in June 2009.

Interview Details – A private company was used to check all references and education history. My former employer let me know that they called several times to insure they could reach her. Standard interview questions like strengths, weaknesses, and what type of leadshiper ability you've showed.

Interview Question – How have you turned a negative situation into a positive?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No.

Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz in March 2010.

Interview Details – They were very professional and called me in for 2 interviews. Be sure you know your responsibilities at your past jobs and how they relate your sales abilities.

Interview Question – Describe your ability to sale.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Hertz

Interview Details – First as the phone interview. It was relatively simple a 5 minute call. The second interview was in person.

Interview Question – Sell my item x. They expect you to have good sales skills for this position even though it says no experience required.   Answer Question