Hertz

2.3

61 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hertz in January 2011.

The recruiter then contacted me and told me the final step was a phone interview with the territory manager. I had to wait a few days for this to actually happen but once I got the call from this manager the phone interview was very quick and I was asked a couple of situational questions. She basically said she likes to talk to all of the candidates before they are hired.

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hertz in January 2011.

Applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter a few days later. This phone call consisted of her telling me the basics: starting salary, what the job entails, location of open position, general info on hertz, etc. She then scheduled an interview for me with the manager of the store I would be working at. I probably over prepared as the interview took about ten minutes and was simply her seeing if I fit in with the culture, which was very laid back and casual. It also consisted of her telling me over and over again that I would be cleaning cars and not be getting paid very well to start. She seemed to have trouble hiring recent grads (Which is what I am) because they would complain about the pay and begin looking for other work, so keep that in mind.

I was then scheduled for an interview with the area manager (her boss). This interview was much more formal and consisted of him asking me to give examples of customer service and sales. Make sure you can think of these types of examples as it will make the interview easier. After the interview he pretty much told me that he thought I would be an asset to the company and I would fit in well in that office.

30 minutes after that phone interview I was contacted by the recruited saying I had the job and all I had to do was complete a drug test and bg check.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to help a disgruntled customer.   Answer Question
    • Do you think there are times when the rules should be bent?   View Answer
    No negotiation, set hourly pay for trainees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longwood, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longwood, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hertz in December 2010.

Interviewed with a branch manager. He was half an hour late and then had me wait another 15mn for him to be in his back office. While the interview was going on, he kept answering phone calls needless to say he asked a couple of questions over again because he lost track of the interview. I got another interview, I kindly declined...didn't want to work for management that didn't care to do a thorough, professional interview, just wanted a little professionalism and decorum.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hertz in October 2010.

Shortly after submitting an application along with my resume to Hertz, I was contacted by a hiring manager almost immediately who wanted to set up an interview with me at their Manhattan office the same day! Unprepared, I accepted figuring they would take into account this was basically an on the spot interview. Despite this. the interview was pretty basic. I was asked about past job experiences, my personality etc. I felt that the interview went very well, especially for being so last minute. I was very angry to never hear back from them following the interview. I even contacted the hiring manager via e-mail to at least find out if I was declined the job and I was never contacted back. I felt that this was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time where you went above and beyond to meet a customer's needs.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hertz in June 2010.

Got a call setting up an interview with the Airport manager at Hertz. Went in and interviewed and a week later got a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, I was offered a set hourly wage, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Leandro, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz in June 2010.

I applied online at the hertz.com website a couple days later I got a call from a recruiter who asked me some questions. He set up a first interview for me with an area manager, she liked me so next I was schedule for an interview with her boss. They offered me the job but I am waiting to see what happens with other companies I have been interviewing with before I choose.

Interview Questions
    • What was your least favorite part about your previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hertz in June 2010.

Interview process is rather simple. You are interviewed with Senior manager and HR partner. They asked a lot of scenario questions related to customer service and sale. They usually get back to you within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Most question are quite simple and straight forward since this is an entry level position   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz in June 2010.

Must drive around multiple locations being hired by various Branch Managers and one Group Branch Manager. Mainly questions around work ethic - they are mainly trying to judge on 3 main aspects. 1) Will this person work hard? 2)Will this person be able to sell? 3) How long will this person be around?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in SeaTac, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hertz in May 2010.

Applied online using the companies portal. Phone call from a national recruiter that lasting 30 minutes. Questions were behavioral type. Asked to complete online personality assessment and meet with a manager for 1:1 interview. Interviewer not at location and didn't know I was scheduled for interview.

Interview Questions
    • What position are you applying for, as we're hiring for multiple positions?   Answer Question

Interviewer late for our appointment. When he did arrive he declined to bail out the other poor manager (nice guy, but no knowledge about me or what position I was applying for) conducting the interview for him. His office is attached to interview room and when an employee came to ask a question, the manager went into a profanity-laced tirade. I got up and left explaining this organization is not the type of culture which I want to be associated and thanked the nice interviewer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz in March 2010.

They were very professional and called me in for 2 interviews. Be sure you know your responsibilities at your past jobs and how they relate your sales abilities.