Hertz Management Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.3

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online, didnt received any feedback. Walked into office and introduce myself to management and provided resume. Call management until they finally gave me an interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond a simple duty.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Anonymous Employee in Meriden, CT

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hertz (Meriden, CT) in April 2011.

Interview

I had a phone interview and an 1:1 interview. The branch manager asked behavioral star questions. You need to be familiar with previous jobs and specific examples.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time when you went above and beyond the job description?   Answer Question
    • How would you motivate your co-workers to remain on task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kingston, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hertz (Kingston, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from the recruiter a few days later. This phone call consisted of her telling me the basics: starting salary, what the job entails, location of open position, general info on hertz, etc. She then scheduled an interview for me with the manager of the store I would be working at. I probably over prepared as the interview took about ten minutes and was simply her seeing if I fit in with the culture, which was very laid back and casual. It also consisted of her telling me over and over again that I would be cleaning cars and not be getting paid very well to start. She seemed to have trouble hiring recent grads (Which is what I am) because they would complain about the pay and begin looking for other work, so keep that in mind. I was then scheduled for an interview with the area manager (her boss). This interview was much more formal and consisted of him asking me to give examples of customer service and sales. Make sure you can think of these types of examples as it will make the interview easier. After the interview he pretty much told me that he thought I would be an asset to the company and I would fit in well in that office. The recruiter then contacted me and told me the final step was a phone interview with the territory manager. I had to wait a few days for this to actually happen but once I got the call from this manager the phone interview was very quick and I was asked a couple of situational questions. She basically said she likes to talk to all of the candidates before they are hired. 30 minutes after that phone interview I was contacted by the recruited saying I had the job and all I had to do was complete a drug test and bg check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to help a disgruntled customer.   Answer Question
    • Do you think there are times when the rules should be bent?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, set hourly pay for trainees.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hertz (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2011.

Anonymous Employee in Longwood, FL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hertz (Longwood, FL) in December 2010.

Interview

Interviewed with a branch manager. He was half an hour late and then had me wait another 15mn for him to be in his back office. While the interview was going on, he kept answering phone calls needless to say he asked a couple of questions over again because he lost track of the interview. I got another interview, I kindly declined...didn't want to work for management that didn't care to do a thorough, professional interview, just wanted a little professionalism and decorum.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hertz (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Shortly after submitting an application along with my resume to Hertz, I was contacted by a hiring manager almost immediately who wanted to set up an interview with me at their Manhattan office the same day! Unprepared, I accepted figuring they would take into account this was basically an on the spot interview. Despite this. the interview was pretty basic. I was asked about past job experiences, my personality etc. I felt that the interview went very well, especially for being so last minute. I was very angry to never hear back from them following the interview. I even contacted the hiring manager via e-mail to at least find out if I was declined the job and I was never contacted back. I felt that this was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you went above and beyond to meet a customer's needs.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hertz (Vancouver, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

Got a call setting up an interview with the Airport manager at Hertz. Went in and interviewed and a week later got a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, I was offered a set hourly wage, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in San Leandro, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz (San Leandro, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied online at the hertz.com website a couple days later I got a call from a recruiter who asked me some questions. He set up a first interview for me with an area manager, she liked me so next I was schedule for an interview with her boss. They offered me the job but I am waiting to see what happens with other companies I have been interviewing with before I choose.

Interview Questions

• What was your least favorite part about your previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz (San Diego, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Must drive around multiple locations being hired by various Branch Managers and one Group Branch Manager. Mainly questions around work ethic - they are mainly trying to judge on 3 main aspects. 1) Will this person work hard? 2)Will this person be able to sell? 3) How long will this person be around?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hertz (San Jose, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview process is rather simple. You are interviewed with Senior manager and HR partner. They asked a lot of scenario questions related to customer service and sale. They usually get back to you within a week.

Interview Questions

• Most question are quite simple and straight forward since this is an entry level position   Answer Question