Hertz Manager Interview Questions

2.6

Manager Interview

Interview

It generally takes two interviews to get hired on. First you meet with the Branch Manager, followed by an interview with the Area Manager. It usually takes about a week for them to call you if they like you. The Human Resource Recruiter will do a phone interview first to screen all candidates.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Interview

I applied online, got a call back a few weeks later to attend an open house interview. I went and got an personal interview on the spot with the human resource personnel and Area manager. I had made up my mind not to take the job while I was walking away but the area manager called me back and persuaded me to continue with the interview process by completing the drug test and background check. I was offered the job after that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hertz (Schaumburg, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Interview with area manager and asks questions about previous jobs and any sales experience

Negotiation

No negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hertz (Seattle, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Apply at Hertz.jobs and a recruiter will contact the applicant. Then an Area Manager will set up an interview and a second interview with a Branch Manager. Applicant must pass a background and drug test. It typically takes about 2 weeks for confirmation of a start date once the background and drug test come back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you worked as part of a team. What did you learn from working as a part of a team?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

interviewed at Hertz in July 2009.

Interview

Went smoothly, I went through multiple interviews, each was at a higher level of management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Like any negotiation, some give and take.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hertz (Park Ridge, NJ) in January 2009.

Interview

Several step process to interview with Recruiter, then hire manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy process, ask for the stars and will get middle ground

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter who set up an interview. There were two interviews, one with the branch manager and one with the area manager. Very easy.

Negotiation

Starting wage was very low and non negotiable.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Ask you to come in to one location and show up at another across town on the same day. It was redundant info and questions that could have been avoided if all the staff were present at the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Many companies are trending toward these- behavioral based interview questions that ask for a specific example/situation of the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation- only one option if I want the position.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hertz in January 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call the next day to come in and interview with a local manager from another location. Upon arrival we went into his office and I was asked a series of generic informational questions such as Why are you leaving? How long have you been with the company? What kind of achievements were you recognized for? It lasted about 25 minutes. The manager was the only one at the location at the time and had to constantly answer the phones during the interview. When you start with this company don't expect a lot of communication/training/guidance on anything.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I took what was offered because it was a step up from where I was coming from.

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hertz in April 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed with Hertz area manager but never heard back