Hertz

Average Difficulty
10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Park Ridge, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hertz in January 2009.

Interview Details – Several step process to interview with Recruiter, then hire manager

Interview Question – Series of questions and role play scenario   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy process, ask for the stars and will get middle ground

Schaumburg, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hertz in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with area manager and asks questions about previous jobs and any sales experience

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Very Easy Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – I applied online, got a call back a few weeks later to attend an open house interview. I went and got an personal interview on the spot with the human resource personnel and Area manager. I had made up my mind not to take the job while I was walking away but the area manager called me back and persuaded me to continue with the interview process by completing the drug test and background check. I was offered the job after that.

Interview Question – None. I had prior sales experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non-negotiable

Manager

I interviewed at Hertz in July 2009.

Interview Details – Went smoothly, I went through multiple interviews, each was at a higher level of management.

Interview Question – Games I play.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Like any negotiation, some give and take.

Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter who set up an interview. There were two interviews, one with the branch manager and one with the area manager. Very easy.

Negotiation Details – Starting wage was very low and non negotiable.

Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hertz.

Interview Details – Ask you to come in to one location and show up at another across town on the same day. It was redundant info and questions that could have been avoided if all the staff were present at the initial interview.

Interview Question – Many companies are trending toward these- behavioral based interview questions that ask for a specific example/situation of the question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation- only one option if I want the position.

Very Easy Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hertz in January 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call the next day to come in and interview with a local manager from another location. Upon arrival we went into his office and I was asked a series of generic informational questions such as Why are you leaving? How long have you been with the company? What kind of achievements were you recognized for? It lasted about 25 minutes. The manager was the only one at the location at the time and had to constantly answer the phones during the interview. When you start with this company don't expect a lot of communication/training/guidance on anything.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I took what was offered because it was a step up from where I was coming from.

Manager

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hertz in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was interviewed with Hertz area manager but never heard back

Interview Question – whats Your name?   View Answer

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hertz in February 2010.

Interview Details – Great people and great environment.

Interview Question – Why are you the best candidate?   Answer Question

Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a national recruiter after applying online. Took IQ/Intelligence and Personality tests online and a couple days later I was called and scheduled for an interview. A couple days after the first interview I was contacted again for a second interview with the area manager. Offered the position 2 days later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hertz

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!

Hertz Videos

Hertz – Why Work for Us?

Who We Are In September of 1918, the pioneer of auto renting, Walter L. Jacobs, at the age of 22, opened a car-rental operation in Chicago. Starting with a dozen Model T Fords, which he repaired and repainted himself… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hertz Manager interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hertz employees and interview candidates.