Hertz Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Houston, TX).

Interview

Behavioral questions were asked to determine how you have functioned in past roles. You usually have 2 interview, one with the hiring manager, the other with HR. It moved pretty quickly; it only took about a week to receive the green light.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

I had only 1 interview with the Area Manager and it took them over a month to decide to hire me then I had to submit a back ground check that took over a week and a drug test

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

It was pretty basic and ok. I don't reallllllly care I just want the unlimited access and the is a tedious process. If I worked at glassdoor I would hate myself for putting people through this

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Fayetteville, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted by a person with their Human Resource department and she conducted a short questionnaire. I'm assuming if they feel that you would be a good candidate for the position they set up a interview with a local district manager. I traveled an hour away and met with the GM and I thought that the interview went well and I had all the credentials or even over qualified for the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest situation that you had to deal with in a previous position.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter, who was very unclear about what the company and position was all about. She avoided telling me the base pay total and told me that I should make worse case salary that is no where close to what I am making. I was totally mislead in order to get me hired.

Interview Questions

• not difficult question, just be careful you read in between the line on the answers they give you. also make sure you ask a lot of question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate offer, but it wasn't close to what I was told, I was totally mislead and the HR team did nothing about it except say sorry.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hertz (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

meet with area manager, then got offered the job from the recruiter, he called me and then i was able to do a drug test and then if i passed which i did i was able to get the position and started when i could, with in three weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no neogotiating, straight, this is what you get paid.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Its the simplest interview ever because its a mediocre job. There is a high turn over so there is a constant hiring going on. Apply online, get an email to complete an online assessment, if successful you will get a call back that will invite you to an actual interview. From there it is smooth sailing especially if you have a sales and customer service experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, its hourly pay

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

After you apply, you will be given a call within a week for the first over the phone interview. Standard boilerplate questions: Why Hertz? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me about a difficult time you had in your previous career and how you overcame this difficulty with sales/customer etc. Then if you pass that you have a second interview with an area manager. They will ask much of the same things but expect you to REALLY want to work for Hertz. If you like to sell or can sell this shouldn't be difficult, it's much like the first interview. If you pass that interview, then you have a drug test and background check. From start to finish you should see about 1 month between applying and starting. Not a difficult process, they are aggressive.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult or unexpected questions. If you have been to a customer service related job or sales job, you will find nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have no option to negotiate. It is "take it or leave it."

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hertz in September 2014.

Interview

Very quick and easy. Came in and was jointly interviews with the assistant branch manager. It was a fun interview because they were fearless in showing up as people instead of this mechanical person interviewing a potential employee. I felt welcomed to the team before they even asked me to join.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a weekend that I would be traveling and made it clear that I wouldn't take the job unless I could get that time off. It was agreed with no hesitation.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

This process was a joke. They asked a few questions and then seemed to hire anyone looking for a job. No need for any competence. They make you take a drug test and conduct a background check but that's about it. They hire anyone.