Hertz Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.2

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiter, who was very unclear about what the company and position was all about. She avoided telling me the base pay total and told me that I should make worse case salary that is no where close to what I am making. I was totally mislead in order to get me hired.

Interview Questions

• not difficult question, just be careful you read in between the line on the answers they give you. also make sure you ask a lot of question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate offer, but it wasn't close to what I was told, I was totally mislead and the HR team did nothing about it except say sorry.

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Its the simplest interview ever because its a mediocre job. There is a high turn over so there is a constant hiring going on. Apply online, get an email to complete an online assessment, if successful you will get a call back that will invite you to an actual interview. From there it is smooth sailing especially if you have a sales and customer service experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, its hourly pay

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Interview

After you apply, you will be given a call within a week for the first over the phone interview. Standard boilerplate questions: Why Hertz? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Tell me about a difficult time you had in your previous career and how you overcame this difficulty with sales/customer etc. Then if you pass that you have a second interview with an area manager. They will ask much of the same things but expect you to REALLY want to work for Hertz. If you like to sell or can sell this shouldn't be difficult, it's much like the first interview.

If you pass that interview, then you have a drug test and background check. From start to finish you should see about 1 month between applying and starting. Not a difficult process, they are aggressive.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult or unexpected questions. If you have been to a customer service related job or sales job, you will find nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You have no option to negotiate. It is "take it or leave it."

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz in September 2014.

Interview

Very quick and easy. Came in and was jointly interviews with the assistant branch manager. It was a fun interview because they were fearless in showing up as people instead of this mechanical person interviewing a potential employee. I felt welcomed to the team before they even asked me to join.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was a weekend that I would be traveling and made it clear that I wouldn't take the job unless I could get that time off. It was agreed with no hesitation.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Interview

This process was a joke. They asked a few questions and then seemed to hire anyone looking for a job. No need for any competence. They make you take a drug test and conduct a background check but that's about it. They hire anyone.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Location was clean and staff was polite, had an ops audit being conducted when I was there. Hiring manager was friendly and answered all of my questions. Manager was straight forward about position and compensation and hours.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in this position?   1 Answer

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Phone interview, interviews with managers. Pretty much telling you its a sales position and you are expected to sell optional coverages and upsell options. There is nothing special. They will interview anyone with a pulse and no record.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

The manager is looking for someone who is sales oriented and able to help grow their business. They will also ask if you are willing to clean the cars. You will also have to meet with the location manager to see if you are a fit for their location.

Anonymous Employee in Twin Falls, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hertz (Twin Falls, ID) in March 2014.

Interview

Call you on your Application, call you for phone interview. set up appointment to talk with hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

• Interviewing/Hiring Manager was not prepared had no questions to ask even forgot his pen.
       had to do self interview with him. have 21 years of management and told I don't have enough experience then they hired a 24 year old kid

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the recruiter about a week after I submitted my resume. Then we set up an interview with a branch manager. When I got there it wasn't the correct manager, it was his employee. He didn't know that I was going to be coming so he was completely unprepared. The interview was the easiest I've had in my life and then I was called with an offer a week later. The company is very relaxed and it would be a great position, but I was very turned off with how unprofessional it was. I was also interviewing with a competitor, and the competitor was much more professional and thorough. When you make money on how you perform, you want to be professional! I also got a lot of responses about the job from the manager vs the recruiter that did not match such as what location I'd be working at, how much I'd get paid/bonuses, and what hours I'd be required to work. If the company could have been on the same page, I probably would have accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions - tell me a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer, you were measured by performance goals, you had to lead a team, etc. He was mostly focused on having me ask questions.   Answer Question