Hertz

2.2

47 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Louis, MO
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hertz.

Phone call from a corporate recruiter. Few questions asked about experience, mostly conversational. Nothing hard or unexpected. Invited immediately after phone call to interview with Area Manager. A.M. talked most of the time about the job duties/responsibilities. Was asked few questions (why are you leaving current employer, why do you want to work for Hertz, etc...) No behavior based questioning.

Interview Questions
No negotiation. Same offer to every trainee.

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Manager Trainee Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Hertz in January 2012.

It was fast, they called the next the day and it was really fast process. I was working in under a week.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Hertz in February 2012.

Terrible unprofessional and rude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in April 2010.

Was contacted by phone recruiter withing two weeks of applying online. Afterwards had meeting scheduled with local HR business rep. Was offered second interview with area manager right at that time. This was then followed by an offer, background check and then told what day to report on.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation, take it or leave it attitude.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Rapids, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hertz in May 2011.

I had one interview withthe branch manager and then one with the district manager. pretty standard.

Interview Questions
    pretty simple they told me what the pay and training was like and sold it as an opportunity to advance.

Anonymous Employee  in  Downey, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in October 2012.

Well I applied to Hertz, thinking that it would be a very interesting position. About a week later, I got a call, and it was similar to a phone interview. They asked me various questions, on why I want it, what kind of experience I have, etc. Then a few days later, I got another call from someone else, and they asked me the same questions. After that was done, she sent me an email regarding my background check. After that was done, I got another email a day later telling me everything looks good. So a few days later I get a call from the Area manager, to schedule an interview. I go for the interview, and it went very well. I believe I answered all the questions on point. He said he will give me a call soon to schedule an interview with the branch manager. But that never happened. I never heard from him again.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, most of the questions were based on situations, such as difficult customers, not getting along with co-workers, strengths, etc. You know, the basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hertz in October 2011.

First interview was with the branch manager of the location, and it was pretty laid back. My experience was unique because I came in knowing that as long as I didnt completely butcher the interview, I had the job, as the branch manager was a mutual friend. The questions were fairly run of the mill ("describe your best customer service moment," or "how does your previous experience prepare you for this position?" I got a vibe during the interview that the place was pretty desperate for people, as they were almost trying to sell me on the job more then I was interviewing for it.
    I had a follow-up interview the next day with the area manager who ended up asking the exact same questions as the branch manager the day before.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was when I was asked to describe my own personal best customer service experience. It seemed like an odd question that would be irrelevant to what I could bring to the company   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hertz in September 2009.

The process went very fast. Received an e-mail from the recruiter and instructed me to give her a call. Phone interview went very smoothly and then was scheduled a face-to-face with the Area Manager. After that, I received a call back about an hour after the interview and was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • No question was difficult or unexpected. Just questions about my resume.   Answer Question
    Can't negotiate. Starting pay is at $10 per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hyannis, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyannis, MA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hertz in October 2008.

Just basic questions on what I've done. Then details on what the job would entail

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hertz in May 2011.

Received an interview thru my university

Interview Questions
    There was none just an hourly offer that was non negotiable.