Hertz Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Aug 22, 2015

2.1

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

They are going to ask you what is more important...Sales or Customer Service? They are going to ask how many cars you think they have in the fleet. Try to smile and laugh a lot. That is very important for their company. Regardless, the only way you won't get hired here is if you fail the drug test or a complete mute. it is usually a 2 interview process. The first with an Area manager and the second with a General Manager.

Interview Questions

• Everything is straight forward. Just make it seem like you are interested   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. I choose this place because it was the only thing I could get for the time being. Starting pay is what it is. Don't expect a negotiation to take place.

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shreveport, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Shreveport, LA) in July 2013.

Interview

quick and brief the manager was friendly and direct he was more interested in the type of person i was to make sure that i will get along with the team.

Manager Trainee Interview

Interview

I completed online application, submitted everything, and then went through what seemed to be an endless IQ test and personality test all rolled into one. I never heard anything back so I guess I was not qualified enough for an interview.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz.

Interview

Simple questions. Nothing to be worried about. They will ask you why you chose Hertz and stuff like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hertz (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Phone call from a corporate recruiter. Few questions asked about experience, mostly conversational. Nothing hard or unexpected. Invited immediately after phone call to interview with Area Manager. A.M. talked most of the time about the job duties/responsibilities. Was asked few questions (why are you leaving current employer, why do you want to work for Hertz, etc...) No behavior based questioning.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Same offer to every trainee.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Rockville, MD) in March 2013.

Interview

Went in and interviewed with three people back to back. From what I remember, the interview was very easy and nothing out of the norm was asked or done.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Cleveland, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

Fairly relaxed atmosphere. I got to the location on time, and had to wait a while for the Area Manager to show up. Once he got in, the interview was a breeze. I was asked about 5 behavioral questions, which I had prepped for. I got the feeling of my getting the job halfway through.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to handle a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Downey, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Downey, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Well I applied to Hertz, thinking that it would be a very interesting position. About a week later, I got a call, and it was similar to a phone interview. They asked me various questions, on why I want it, what kind of experience I have, etc. Then a few days later, I got another call from someone else, and they asked me the same questions. After that was done, she sent me an email regarding my background check. After that was done, I got another email a day later telling me everything looks good. So a few days later I get a call from the Area manager, to schedule an interview. I go for the interview, and it went very well. I believe I answered all the questions on point. He said he will give me a call soon to schedule an interview with the branch manager. But that never happened. I never heard from him again.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, most of the questions were based on situations, such as difficult customers, not getting along with co-workers, strengths, etc. You know, the basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hertz (Ocala, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

online application and two interviews. 1 with a branch manger and the second with the area manager. this is coordinated by a coorperate recruiter. There was an extended background check and drug screening, before the start date was provided. I thought overall, management was fair and direct in the hiri9ng process.

Interview Questions

• describe a time in the workplace that you had to play devil's advocate.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Hertz (Novato, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

one interview, background check, driving record check, drug test. Whole process took 1-2 months. I knew an employee there and knew I was going to get hired before the interview even took place.