Hertz Manager Trainee Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz (Ocala, FL) in August 2012.

Interview

online application and two interviews. 1 with a branch manger and the second with the area manager. this is coordinated by a coorperate recruiter. There was an extended background check and drug screening, before the start date was provided. I thought overall, management was fair and direct in the hiri9ng process.

Interview Questions

• describe a time in the workplace that you had to play devil's advocate.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hertz

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Novato, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz (Novato, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

one interview, background check, driving record check, drug test. Whole process took 1-2 months. I knew an employee there and knew I was going to get hired before the interview even took place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

I had one interview with a Branch Manager and the Area Manager. I received a called back the very next day.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very typical. They really like when people have an "entrepreneur mindset". They also look for specific answer, not generic/general answers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz (Orlando, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

Very simple process, 2 interviews one on campus then an interview with District Manager. Show a lot of energy and come off as motivated. Make sure your prepared to do a lot of hours working for Hertz. Both of interviewers were extremely professional.

Interview Questions

Was early in my post graduation stage and wanted to view other options.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hertz (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online last Thursday, and on Friday, I received a call from a recruiter in New Jersey. We talked for a few minutes and he asked me some basic questions about my previous job experience. Then we scheduled an interview for Monday at a Manhattan location. Monday I had my interview at 1:30, but showed up a few minutes early. I was out of there by 1:38! The interview was not really an interview, but just an explanation of what the job was. I did some research on my interviewer and learned that she's a college student, so probably around my age. This was why she was so laid back and easy going.

I was told that I would be getting a call back. I didn't think I would. So on Wednesday, I sent an email to the recruiter asking how to send a thank you to the interviewer, and by the time my next class started, I was offered the job!

I drug tested the same day! Easiest process ever.

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hertz in March 2012.

Interview

Pretty much just come prepared. Do not need a good GPA in college. Dress the part and have a candid conversation with the interviewers. Understand that it is a sales based job and you will be cleaning cars and answering phones... sometimes all at once

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hertz (San Diego, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Terrible unprofessional and rude.

Anonymous Employee in McKinney, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hertz (McKinney, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

I was called about the job by an HR rep, told about the position and scheduled a 1 on 2 interview the next week with branch and regional manager. I went to the interview and they asked a little about customer service and a little about sales but mainly the described the job to me and what I would be doing and what they pay was: $10.50 an hour with 10-15 OT hours a week. Not great but I'll take it for now. And they asked if I was ok with washing cars in formal attire and blah blah blah. I feel like I answered all their questions very well and made a good impression and the regional manager said I would be hearing from them, and I took that as a good sign. They said they had 2 more people to interview in the next few days and said they would call either by the end of last week or beginning of this. It's Tuesday and I have received nothing. I sent a thank you email to them on Wednesday or Thursday, got no reply. I'm very disappointed as I feel I am beyond qualified for the job and that I did well in the interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with difficult customers?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hertz (Rochester, MN) in February 2012.

Interview

Submitted online application. Received call one week later and did a 5 minute phone interview. Two days later was called to do one on one interview. First interview went well and was invited to come back for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• It's been a long time and don't remember any specific questions. Most questions are generally about your experience with people and how to resolve problems.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hertz in January 2012.

Interview

It was fast, they called the next the day and it was really fast process. I was working in under a week.