Hertz

2.0

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

First Notice of Loss Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hertz in April 2014.

The position I was hired for was a First Notice of Loss Examiner, but the interview was NOT for the FNOL Examiner. The interview was for a COLLECTOR with the Central Recovery Unit department. The company did this to ensure that the employees (FNOL Examiners) in Dallas did not find out that they were losing their jobs.

My first interview was with a recruiter out of the then headquarters in Park Ridge, NJ. My final interview was with two supervisors on site (Hertz Administrative Center). Neither mentioned the Examiner position, at all. All details shared and questions asked pertained to the Collector position.

Orientation lasted one day. From there, we (new employees) sat with Examiners who had been in their roles for about a month. This was our training. It took over a month to get the initial log ins ... other [usually] non-essential log ins were distributed over the next few months.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions. The questions were all very standard for a collection or phone job. (This would have been ok IF the position I was hired for was actually a collector position.)   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. For this type of work, the pay was acceptable.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in January 2013.

Hiring process was great. There was no additional pressure and the questions asked were no overwhelmingly complicated. The interviewee also did a great job of painting a picture of what the position entailed.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of when you had a conflict with either a fellow employee or manager and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
    Very seemless and painless. I actually received more than my asking starting salary.

Domestic Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz in January 2013.

This was a quick process. I believe it took less than week from me applying to receiving the job offer. The training class didn't start for a month after I accepted the job, however.

After applying, I received a call from a recruiter who explained the position and emailed me a link to a typing test. I believe the minimum was 30 WPM (yeah, seriously). Once I passed that, she called me back the same day to set up an interview.

Interview was done with two supervisors/leads and was very standard. Questions like "tell us about a time you were faced with a difficult customer" and "where do you see yourself in 5 years" were asked.

The background check was the most arduous part of the processes. They hire out Sterling to do the background checks, and man, they are the most incompetent company I've ever dealt with. I provided numbers, names, addresses, etc for all my previous employer and schools and they were somehow unable to verify ANY of it. They required that I provide W2s AND paystubs from 3 years back! I continually had to take time off my job then to provide this documentation. A simple Google search would have provided all the information they needed. I was very underwhelmed by their (lack of) abilities.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had an angry customer and how did you deal with it?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation.

Fleet Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hertz in August 2011.

Interview was the best I ever had. Very pleasant and informative. But most turned out to be false

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle unethical behavior of management or peers?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz in March 2011.

Basic application and background check required. Drug test also required. First interview is with HR and then with hiring manager. During the HR interview, they ask "canned" HR questions. Just look on the Internet for examples.

Interview Questions
    • During the HR interview, they ask you "tell us something bad about yourself."   View Answer
    None. They call you and offer you a salary. They don't negotiate on salary.

Domestic Reservations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hertz in December 2010.

The initial phone call consisted of some general questions about my resume and my customer service background. After 5-10 minutes she started doing most of the talking and told me about the job (salary, benefits, hours, etc...). The face-to-face interview was held in one of the Oklahoma City offices on Penn Ave. It consisted of a 2:1 interview and they asked me some basic customer service questions like, how would you deal with a difficult customer?, how have you in the past dealt with difficult customers?, describe each job on your resume, and so on. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just be sure to be ready to tell them why you want the job.

Interview Questions
    I wasn't able to negotiate.

Body Shop Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in July 2010.

The first interview is with HR in NJ over the phone. The second interview is at the Corporate Office in Oklahoma City with two supervisors. The interview last about 35-40 minutes and is in the scenario form. The questions relate to how you handle stressful situations to those that ask what are your likes and dislikes.

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to make an unsatisfied customer be pleased with your service? I   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I was told that they would contact me and they did by phone from the H R department in NJ with my starting date, after I accepted the job offer.