Hertz

Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee
Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hertz in May 2012.

Interview Details – Very simple process, 2 interviews one on campus then an interview with District Manager. Show a lot of energy and come off as motivated. Make sure your prepared to do a lot of hours working for Hertz. Both of interviewers were extremely professional.

Interview Question – Everything was expected.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Was early in my post graduation stage and wanted to view other options.

Very Easy Interview

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Hertz in May 2011.

Interview Details – I sent an email to the recruiting manager that I met at a local career fair to schedule an interview. He responded with a one-liner, asking if I could come in on the following week at 10:00am. The message was short and seemed a little unprofessional. I wrote back and said I would be there but received no confirmation email. I showed up on time and the recruiting manager seemed to not be expecting me.

He called me into a conference room, sat me down, and asked if I had any questions about the job. I asked 7 questions or so about the tasks, responsibilities, promotions, and the training program. The pay was extremely low, which he was up front about but he could never look me in the face. He had a hard time describing the role and often used the training manual as a resource for basic questions about the job.

I asked to talk with a current trainee and found out that there were discrepancies between what the recruiting manager said about the job and what the trainee said. Specifically, the mentorship relationship and the number hours worked a week. I was told there is a formal mentor relationship with a branch manager where the trainee goes through a manual with the manager. The trainee seemed to not even know what the manual was about, and said that it was just a reference; they never met routinely or seemed to have anytime of established mentorship. Additionally, I was told I would work 45 hour a weeks max, but the trainee told me that he works 60 hours plus.

After my conversation with the trainee, the recruiting manager came back in and asked if I had anymore questions and what I thought about the job. Then he offered the job to me. Note he did not ask me a single question about my resume or about my career ambitions or my work experience. I was astonished and didn't know what to say. Its obvious they don't really value the people they hire. It made sense after reading some of the other reviews, seems like a high turnover position where trainees bust their butts and don't get promotions unless they know the right people.

I told him I would be in contact with him and emailed him to thank him for the interview. I received to reply.

Interview Question – Do you have any questions?   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee
Orlando, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Hertz in May 2008.

Interview Details – Received an email to contact for 1:1 interview. Interview took place on location in the manager's office. He utilized a prepared packet with questions. I received a phone call from HR after the interview offering another position (lower salary) as they had decided to dissolve the position I was originally apping for.

Interview Questions

• Is the customer always right?   Answer Question
  • you are on a sailboat over the deepest part of the ocean, your friend drops a cannon ball into the water, how long does it take to get to the bottom?   Answer Question

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!