Hertz

2.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Entry Level Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ

The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz in March 2014.

Everything went well ,except prepare yourself well about the projects you've completed in your coursework or in your past experiences.

Senior UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hertz.

Phone interview followed by a Skype interview.

Interview Questions
    It took a little back and forth, and we negotiated terms that were subsequently revoked. It is important to insist on having terms spelled out in contract, otherwise they will alter the terms as they see fit.

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ

interviewed at Hertz in May 2013.

The interview was very easy mostly behavioral questions and resume based questions

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz.

Applied in July and received a call from HR in September. Initial phone interview followed by an on-site interview with the Director of the Division. After sending thank you notes was invited back to a second interview a few days later with VP of the division. I was pretty sure I bombed the interview; however I was made an offer the following week.

The best part of the experience was my HR contact. Very nice individual who guided me through the entire process start to finish. Before both of my interviews he came down and gave me pep talks which really helped me calm my nerves. He also walked me up to the offices introduced me to future supervisors. Definitely a great experience and really has me considering a career in Human Resources.

Interview Questions
    • Are you ready to make a move to New Jersey?   View Answer
    Two days after the offer was made I received a phone call stating there was a hold up and some internal things going on. I pretty much made up my mind that they were going to withdraw my offer, since I had a similar incident earlier this year.

A week later the offer was extended once again; however the initial hold up was my new supervisor requesting that I receive a larger salary than what HR was offering. HR said no because they didn't believe my skills corresponded with more than the base salary. The compensation and the benefits package are a little low, but I believe the experience and the name on my resume will more than make up for that.

There's no where to go from here but up!

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in April 2012.

I went in for two separate interview sessions, each consisting of two 1-on-1 interviews and then a group interview with the hiring managers. So, in total, I met with 8 people over the course of two weeks.

First red flag came when they were 40 minutes late for my first interview, meaning I sat in the lobby for an hour. I had to keep asking the receptionist for an update every 10 minutes because I was told nothing. This resulted in me leaving 1.5 hours later than expected, as all my scheduled interviews had to be reorganized. By the time I took the skills test, it was already past 1pm and I was starving because I hadn't eaten since 8am (my interview was to start at 9am). I would learn this was not an isolated incident, as they were 20 minutes late for my second interview as well.

Having been on a dozen interviews over the past month, I was surprised to notice the low energy from the HR staff to the hiring managers. One of the HR staff was there for only a month and seemed like he hated his job. The company environment didn't immediately strike me as pessimistic, but that was the feeling I got in the first interview even though they gave me great feedback the following day.

By the second interview, I had a better understanding of the work culture. Unfortunately, they seem to undervalue some of their employees and may be out of touch with modern, lean policies.

Interview Questions

I got 3 job offers all within a week of each other and Hertz was a far third. Compensation was the lowest, even though the responsibility would suggest otherwise. But most importantly, it was all about company culture. My interviews at the other two companies were stellar because their people were enthusiastic about their roles and excited about bringing on new talent.

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Hertz in August 2011.

I went to the career fair and interviewed a couple of more times after that.

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hertz in December 2010.

Great Company. Great People. Top Quality People.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hertz in May 2010.

Lots of one on one interview with people at the level of Director and above on two different occasions. Lots of time passed between the two interview days. All interviews were were related to past work experience. There were no trick questions. The interview process was all about determining the fit with respect to being able to work in the stressful environment.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a stressful situation in your past experiences and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question
    I could negotiate a sign-on bonus but not a base salary increase.

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hertz in May 2010.

Spoke on the phone with HR, then the hiring director then brought in for 2 interviews.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hertz in April 2010.

Multipe interviews with persons from Treasury, Tax and HR. No trick questions. Focus on fit.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation from your past professional experience and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question
    Not much room to negotiate given the economy.