Hertz Interview Questions in Uxbridge, England

1 Interview Review

1.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hertz in March 2013.

I spotted a job online and straight away sent my application to them. The first interview happened within 10 days. I could not get from recruiter (in-house) what do I need to prepare or what kind of interview I needed to expect, so I prepared heavily.
    I talked to HR and potential line manager. The HR lady did not seem to get what kind of job I applied for. She probably never read my CV before either. She asked pointless questions (such as 'what does it mean vertical markets?' or 'what did you do when you went away for business trip?'). The interview itself was just a chat about myself, my work experience to date, etc.
    When I asked about the process itself - they were not able to say what it would be like (specifically, I asked for a second round interviews) - "good question".
    The feedback I got was excellent and they said they definitely said they wanted to see me in the final stage of the process. Then they went silent for weeks. I tried to keep in touch and find out when the next interview would take place, etc. They answered the line manager was too busy to arrange it. Then another day, they updated me to say someone else was interviewed for the role, which is fair enough. Still sent me a couple of updates they were interested in me and would keep me posted on next stage etc.
    Suddenly, on Sunday night (22.48 to be precise) I got a random email saying the role has been filled. SHould have said at the very beginning they were not interested, it would do.

I found it very unprofessional, dishonest and disappointing. The whole process took over three months. Time wasters.

Interview Questions
    • The most ridiculous question: "What does it mean 'vertical markets'?"   Answer Question