Hertz

Very Easy Interview

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Uxbridge, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hertz in March 2013.

Interview Details – I spotted a job online and straight away sent my application to them. The first interview happened within 10 days. I could not get from recruiter (in-house) what do I need to prepare or what kind of interview I needed to expect, so I prepared heavily.
I talked to HR and potential line manager. The HR lady did not seem to get what kind of job I applied for. She probably never read my CV before either. She asked pointless questions (such as 'what does it mean vertical markets?' or 'what did you do when you went away for business trip?'). The interview itself was just a chat about myself, my work experience to date, etc.
When I asked about the process itself - they were not able to say what it would be like (specifically, I asked for a second round interviews) - "good question".
The feedback I got was excellent and they said they definitely said they wanted to see me in the final stage of the process. Then they went silent for weeks. I tried to keep in touch and find out when the next interview would take place, etc. They answered the line manager was too busy to arrange it. Then another day, they updated me to say someone else was interviewed for the role, which is fair enough. Still sent me a couple of updates they were interested in me and would keep me posted on next stage etc.
Suddenly, on Sunday night (22.48 to be precise) I got a random email saying the role has been filled. SHould have said at the very beginning they were not interested, it would do.

I found it very unprofessional, dishonest and disappointing. The whole process took over three months. Time wasters.

Interview Question – The most ridiculous question: "What does it mean 'vertical markets'?"   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!

Hertz Videos

Hertz – Why Work for Us?

Who We Are In September of 1918, the pioneer of auto renting, Walter L. Jacobs, at the age of 22, opened a car-rental operation in Chicago. Starting with a dozen Model T Fords, which he repaired and repainted himself… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hertz interview questions and advice in Uxbridge, England. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Hertz employees and interview candidates.