Hertz Interview Questions in Uxbridge, England

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.0

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hertz (Uxbridge, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied for the role on-line and was contacted by their office (based in Ireland) for an initial telephone interview. I then had a face to face interview at their offices in Uxbridge. After 6 weeks I have not heard back from Hertz and assume that I have not progressed further! I find it rude and thoughtless that a company the size of Hertz would choose to treat applicants in this way. It will certainly make me think twice about using this company in the future.

Interview Questions

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uxbridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hertz (Uxbridge, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

I spotted a job online and straight away sent my application to them. The first interview happened within 10 days. I could not get from recruiter (in-house) what do I need to prepare or what kind of interview I needed to expect, so I prepared heavily.
    I talked to HR and potential line manager. The HR lady did not seem to get what kind of job I applied for. She probably never read my CV before either. She asked pointless questions (such as 'what does it mean vertical markets?' or 'what did you do when you went away for business trip?'). The interview itself was just a chat about myself, my work experience to date, etc.
    When I asked about the process itself - they were not able to say what it would be like (specifically, I asked for a second round interviews) - "good question".
    The feedback I got was excellent and they said they definitely said they wanted to see me in the final stage of the process. Then they went silent for weeks. I tried to keep in touch and find out when the next interview would take place, etc. They answered the line manager was too busy to arrange it. Then another day, they updated me to say someone else was interviewed for the role, which is fair enough. Still sent me a couple of updates they were interested in me and would keep me posted on next stage etc.
    Suddenly, on Sunday night (22.48 to be precise) I got a random email saying the role has been filled. SHould have said at the very beginning they were not interested, it would do.

I found it very unprofessional, dishonest and disappointing. The whole process took over three months. Time wasters.

Interview Questions

• The most ridiculous question: "What does it mean 'vertical markets'?"   Answer Question