Hess Corporation Interview Questions in Houston, TX

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.7

Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Started with a phone interview then a team interview. My peers were great but the hiring manager and business head seemed skeptical. In reality, I didn't like the business head and found out she didn't last. I'm happy my offer was cancelled in the end. I tried applying for another job 2 years later but I could never get their website to work.

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter about 4 months after I initially applied on the Hess website. No phone interview. The recruit immediately set up a face to face with the hiring managers. I interviewed with 3 managers at separate times in a 2 hour window. Each person was allotted ~30 minutes per the interview schedule. Most questions were pretty straight forward and were related mainly to my past experience. Not many of the usual behavioral questions. I was told to expect to hear something in 2-3 weeks. I'm still within that period so I don't have an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really tricky. I was surprised by the lack of difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior IT Advisor - Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The entire process was very thorough and professional. The HR / recruiter contact explained the process in advance. On the day of the interview, she also provided a full explanation of the benefits offered and some background information on each of the staff who conducted the interview The interviewers used the topgrading method as well as informal discussion. They allowed plenty of time for me to ask any questions as well. The interview lasted just over 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• With the topgrading method, a consistent question asked was "In what aspect of your job were you least successful?" for each prior job held.   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I was asked questions about my knowledge and advised about HESS culture and how this is culture is not for everyone with the professionalism. Hess is oil and gas so we need to be professional at all times as we do not know whom will be visiting and when.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever created an account in AD before   1 Answer

Geoscience Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Got an campus interview through department for summer intern. Both of the interviewer are very nice and pleasant. Questions are very general. They will ask about yourself, your study, work history, why you are following your career and why you want to work for them. Prepare for few behavior questions, not too hard by the end of the interview and about 10 minutes for you to ask questions about the company and your position. Absolutely no technical questions which make me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a urgent situation when you need to finish work by early deadline!!   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Got set up by a recruiting company for an interview. Basic interview questions like past experience and why would you be a good fit. Went through resume and a quick tour of work area. Got the offer almost 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation since this was a contract position

Senior Specialist EHS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview was with four staff members including project members outside if EHS. This was after getting through phase 1 with HR screening. A lot of info was provided about the organization if the company, which turned out to be moot since it is currently undergoing a reorg. Don't know if I will even have a job there next week.

Interview Questions

• Asked some questions about exploration activities that I had to wing t because most of my experience has been in downstream and Hess is exiting the downstream business.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer was good and based on salary grade levels for the type of work I would be doing.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Very informal with one hiring manager who made the decision immediately

Senior Manager of Performance Excellence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Process was expeditious and professional. Spoke with multiple team members and senior leadership. Interviews were largely one on one sessions with different team leads I would work with and support. Salary discussion and agreement through recruiter took most time and effort.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the best next job in the organization might be after this one?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simlple and quick.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Two hour long interview, half an hour each with HR, a manager, and two others from the group. The next day I was asked to do a phone interview with the head supervisor. I was told that I would have an answer within 2-3 weeks and got an offer 1 week later. Seemed to me a wonderful company to be a part of. Everyone I interviewed with was very excited to work there and went into very detailed descriptions about the company, the actual group, and the job description. Everyone tried their best to make me feel at ease and were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions I was asked involved my prior experience at other oil and gas companies. Other than that I was asked questions about how I deal with certain situations like deadlines and little supervision.   Answer Question