Hess Corporation

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior IT Advisor - Enterprise Architect Interview

Senior IT Advisor - Enterprise Architect
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hess Corporation in July 2014.

Interview Details – The entire process was very thorough and professional. The HR / recruiter contact explained the process in advance. On the day of the interview, she also provided a full explanation of the benefits offered and some background information on each of the staff who conducted the interview The interviewers used the topgrading method as well as informal discussion. They allowed plenty of time for me to ask any questions as well. The interview lasted just over 4 hours.

Interview Question – With the topgrading method, a consistent question asked was "In what aspect of your job were you least successful?" for each prior job held.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Supply Chain Associate
Houston, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview Details – I was emailed by a recruiter about 4 months after I initially applied on the Hess website. No phone interview. The recruit immediately set up a face to face with the hiring managers. I interviewed with 3 managers at separate times in a 2 hour window. Each person was allotted ~30 minutes per the interview schedule. Most questions were pretty straight forward and were related mainly to my past experience. Not many of the usual behavioral questions. I was told to expect to hear something in 2-3 weeks. I'm still within that period so I don't have an offer yet.

Interview Question – Nothing really tricky. I was surprised by the lack of difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior Manager of Performance Excellence Interview

Senior Manager of Performance Excellence
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Hess Corporation in April 2012.

Interview Details – Process was expeditious and professional. Spoke with multiple team members and senior leadership. Interviews were largely one on one sessions with different team leads I would work with and support. Salary discussion and agreement through recruiter took most time and effort.

Interview Question – What do you think the best next job in the organization might be after this one?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simlple and quick.

Geoscience Intern Interview

Geoscience Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hess Corporation in September 2013.

Interview Details – Got an campus interview through department for summer intern. Both of the interviewer are very nice and pleasant. Questions are very general. They will ask about yourself, your study, work history, why you are following your career and why you want to work for them. Prepare for few behavior questions, not too hard by the end of the interview and about 10 minutes for you to ask questions about the company and your position. Absolutely no technical questions which make me feel relaxed.

Interview Question – Describe a urgent situation when you need to finish work by early deadline!!   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview Details – Got set up by a recruiting company for an interview. Basic interview questions like past experience and why would you be a good fit. Went through resume and a quick tour of work area. Got the offer almost 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – Asked to explain gap in employment   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation since this was a contract position

Senior Specialist EHS Interview

Senior Specialist EHS
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview Details – Interview was with four staff members including project members outside if EHS. This was after getting through phase 1 with HR screening. A lot of info was provided about the organization if the company, which turned out to be moot since it is currently undergoing a reorg. Don't know if I will even have a job there next week.

Interview Question – Asked some questions about exploration activities that I had to wing t because most of my experience has been in downstream and Hess is exiting the downstream business.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offer was good and based on salary grade levels for the type of work I would be doing.

Senior Accountant Interview

Senior Accountant
Houston, TX

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hess Corporation in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process is very relaxed. You will typically be interviewed by two to four people. Questions are not diffficult and just to see if your personality fits the dynamic culture. If you get a call for an interview most likely they like your resume.

Interview Question – What is the number you are looking for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy. They gave what I asked, but I asked for the middle of the market range.

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview Details – Very informal with one hiring manager who made the decision immediately

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Hess Corporation in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was to be an experienced hire but with my level of experience and other offers they withdrew their offer to allow me to take other opportunities.

Interview Question – What would be your preferred position?   Answer Question

Reservoir Engineering Intern Interview

Reservoir Engineering Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hess Corporation in September 2010.

Interview Details – For internship, the interview is really simple. The interviewer just went through my resume and asked question tightly related to my resume. The reason why i didn't get offer is because that they did not have openning for PhD students that year.

Interview Question – What is your hobby?   Answer Question

Worked for Hess Corporation? Contribute to the Community!