Hess Corporation

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.7

Supply Trading Transportation Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

The interview was personality based to see if you will get along with the team. Everyone is super friendly and personable, so they want to work with others like them.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to work 24 hour shifts?   View Answer
    Negotiation was quick and easy. HR and background testing did take a long time however.

Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Started with a phone interview then a team interview.

My peers were great but the hiring manager and business head seemed skeptical. In reality, I didn't like the business head and found out she didn't last. I'm happy my offer was cancelled in the end.

I tried applying for another job 2 years later but I could never get their website to work.

Global Supply Chain Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

Found the job posting on my schools career website and applied through there. Was contacted and invited to a dinner when they were in town for a career fair the night before interviews. The dinner was used as a chance to learn more about the company and ask all your typical questions that you would normally ask during an interview to make the interview more meaningful. The recruiters were awesome and very easy to talk to.

The actual interview was two, 30 min, 2 on 1 interviews back to back. Typical on-campus interview.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation available for interns! Very competitive though

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hess Corporation in October 2014.

Applied online and attended an information session on campus., where I handed off my resume and sort of gave them a pitch for why I would be a good candidate to interview. Was interviewed the next day, which consisted of mainly behavioral questions. Conducted by two interviewers, who were recent hired, and only lasted about thirty minutes

Interview Questions
    • They have a large focus on safety, and I was asked about a time I made a safety improvement in some circumstance, which caught me off guard a little.   Answer Question

IT Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

I talked to recruiters at Career Fair on campus. Two months later was invited to an Info Session and Interview on site. Two Senior Managers asked mostly behavioral questions and received a response in 5 days.

Geologist/Geophysicist Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hess Corporation in September 2014.

Very relaxed interview process. Recruiters were very friendly and happy to answer questions. Overall positive experience.

Interview was laid back and not challenging. Mostly asked you to elaborate on your resume and your experiences/ skillets.

Corporate Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

Two separate interviews first one with the HR associate and the second interview with the manager of that department. This position was located in NJ however there were a number of meetings held in the NYC offices as well.
    Note: extremely East coast dress code - any color shirt as long as it is white, and suits required.

Interview Questions
    • Accounting experience working within the oil and gas industry.   Answer Question
    as anticipated

Geologist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hess Corporation.

First, walk through my resume and ask questions based on my experience. They interested in my experience related to oil project. Then, questions about your habits, what do you do in your spare time, etc.

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Hess Corporation.

I was emailed by a recruiter about 4 months after I initially applied on the Hess website. No phone interview. The recruit immediately set up a face to face with the hiring managers. I interviewed with 3 managers at separate times in a 2 hour window. Each person was allotted ~30 minutes per the interview schedule. Most questions were pretty straight forward and were related mainly to my past experience. Not many of the usual behavioral questions. I was told to expect to hear something in 2-3 weeks. I'm still within that period so I don't have an offer yet.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really tricky. I was surprised by the lack of difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior IT Advisor - Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hess Corporation in July 2014.

The entire process was very thorough and professional. The HR / recruiter contact explained the process in advance. On the day of the interview, she also provided a full explanation of the benefits offered and some background information on each of the staff who conducted the interview The interviewers used the topgrading method as well as informal discussion. They allowed plenty of time for me to ask any questions as well. The interview lasted just over 4 hours.

Interview Questions
    • With the topgrading method, a consistent question asked was "In what aspect of your job were you least successful?" for each prior job held.   Answer Question