Hess Corporation

49 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Applications Developer Analyst Interview

Applications Developer Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hess Corporation in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed through recruiting firm. Process took about 6 weeks. Very slow HR background checks took forever. Two interviews on with hiring manager and HR other with Senior Management and other business users.

Typical interview questions. Technical questions were tell me about inheritance/OO concepts in c#, SQL query questions.

How do you work under pressure. Tell me a time you were faced with adversity and overcame it. Tell me about yourself.

Interview Question – Three hour computer based test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You are able to negotiate.

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Supply Chain Associate
Houston, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview Details – I was emailed by a recruiter about 4 months after I initially applied on the Hess website. No phone interview. The recruit immediately set up a face to face with the hiring managers. I interviewed with 3 managers at separate times in a 2 hour window. Each person was allotted ~30 minutes per the interview schedule. Most questions were pretty straight forward and were related mainly to my past experience. Not many of the usual behavioral questions. I was told to expect to hear something in 2-3 weeks. I'm still within that period so I don't have an offer yet.

Interview Question – Nothing really tricky. I was surprised by the lack of difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior Manager of Performance Excellence Interview

Senior Manager of Performance Excellence
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Hess Corporation in April 2012.

Interview Details – Process was expeditious and professional. Spoke with multiple team members and senior leadership. Interviews were largely one on one sessions with different team leads I would work with and support. Salary discussion and agreement through recruiter took most time and effort.

Interview Question – What do you think the best next job in the organization might be after this one?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simlple and quick.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Fort Myers, FL

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Hess Corporation in December 2010.

Interview Details – This was a complete joke. Interviewed with a store manager first, then his boss, then human resources, then the time between the interviews was crazy. I had 12 years experience as a convenient store manager and you would of thought I was being hired as a CEO. Then had 2 half day training then stuck in the worst store in the territory!! Should have ran!

Interview Question – None they were all dumb questions like do you like working in the service industry? HMMMM, I had over 26 years in the service industry and I HATE IT! When can I start? Seriously, do I like working in the service industry?...is that all you got?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is what we start at!

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview Details – As a store Assistant Manager, I was taken out to lunch by a former Marketing Representative and offered the job and told what the schedule of events would be

Negotiation Details – Wasn't too much of a negotiation, having not had a salaried position before, I didn't know what else could be done. I was essentially told what my salary would be.

Human Resources Representation Interview

Human Resources Representation

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview Details – Multiple face to face interviews with key team members and leaders. Casual, informative and impressive

Negotiation Details – Great offer, accepted immediately

Advisor Interview

Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by a day long in-person interview.

Interview Question – All the questions were fairly easy.   View Answer

Geologist Interview

Geologist

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview Details – Hiring process was carried out through university recruiting. Consisted of applying for an interview and then a face to face interview with several company representatives.

Interview Question – How is your research relevant to petroleum exploration/petroleum industry?   Answer Question

Geoscience Intern Interview

Geoscience Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hess Corporation in September 2013.

Interview Details – Got an campus interview through department for summer intern. Both of the interviewer are very nice and pleasant. Questions are very general. They will ask about yourself, your study, work history, why you are following your career and why you want to work for them. Prepare for few behavior questions, not too hard by the end of the interview and about 10 minutes for you to ask questions about the company and your position. Absolutely no technical questions which make me feel relaxed.

Interview Question – Describe a urgent situation when you need to finish work by early deadline!!   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Woodbridge, NJ

Interview Details – Informal. Basically, if you pass a drug test and have the favor of the current marketing rep, you get promoted.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hess Corporation

Worked for Hess Corporation? Contribute to the Community!