Hess Corporation Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2015

Business Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

Started with a phone interview then a team interview. My peers were great but the hiring manager and business head seemed skeptical. In reality, I didn't like the business head and found out she didn't last. I'm happy my offer was cancelled in the end. I tried applying for another job 2 years later but I could never get their website to work.

Executive Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I meet with the HR person who asked basic questions. Then meet with the IT manager and a VP (via video conference) based in Houstin. Overall not impressed and the tone of the questions were negative and nothing technical was asked. And, they asked several illegal interview questions about my family status.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hess Corporation in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and attended an information session on campus., where I handed off my resume and sort of gave them a pitch for why I would be a good candidate to interview. Was interviewed the next day, which consisted of mainly behavioral questions. Conducted by two interviewers, who were recent hired, and only lasted about thirty minutes

Interview Questions

• They have a large focus on safety, and I was asked about a time I made a safety improvement in some circumstance, which caught me off guard a little.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hess Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

I went to an on-campus information session that was offered through my college and I got my interview by talking to them afterwards. There was a group of Hess employees conducting the interviews, half engineers, half HR. My experience was very negative, the engineers were very aggressive and rude, the junior one was CHECKING HIS PHONE during the interview and the senior did not seem to notice/care. I was told to expect a phone call the week after the interview, which never materialized, and I never received any communications from Hess after that.

Geologist/Geophysicist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation in September 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed interview process. Recruiters were very friendly and happy to answer questions. Overall positive experience. Interview was laid back and not challenging. Mostly asked you to elaborate on your resume and your experiences/ skillets.

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

First, walk through my resume and ask questions based on my experience. They interested in my experience related to oil project. Then, questions about your habits, what do you do in your spare time, etc.

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter about 4 months after I initially applied on the Hess website. No phone interview. The recruit immediately set up a face to face with the hiring managers. I interviewed with 3 managers at separate times in a 2 hour window. Each person was allotted ~30 minutes per the interview schedule. Most questions were pretty straight forward and were related mainly to my past experience. Not many of the usual behavioral questions. I was told to expect to hear something in 2-3 weeks. I'm still within that period so I don't have an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really tricky. I was surprised by the lack of difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior IT Advisor - Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The entire process was very thorough and professional. The HR / recruiter contact explained the process in advance. On the day of the interview, she also provided a full explanation of the benefits offered and some background information on each of the staff who conducted the interview The interviewers used the topgrading method as well as informal discussion. They allowed plenty of time for me to ask any questions as well. The interview lasted just over 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• With the topgrading method, a consistent question asked was "In what aspect of your job were you least successful?" for each prior job held.   Answer Question

Geoscience Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Got an campus interview through department for summer intern. Both of the interviewer are very nice and pleasant. Questions are very general. They will ask about yourself, your study, work history, why you are following your career and why you want to work for them. Prepare for few behavior questions, not too hard by the end of the interview and about 10 minutes for you to ask questions about the company and your position. Absolutely no technical questions which make me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a urgent situation when you need to finish work by early deadline!!   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hess Corporation (Woodbridge, NJ).

Interview

Informal. Basically, if you pass a drug test and have the favor of the current marketing rep, you get promoted.