Hess Corporation

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.7

Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Phone interview followed by a day long in-person interview.

Geologist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

Hiring process was carried out through university recruiting. Consisted of applying for an interview and then a face to face interview with several company representatives.

Interview Questions
    • How is your research relevant to petroleum exploration/petroleum industry?   Answer Question

Geoscience Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hess Corporation in September 2013.

Got an campus interview through department for summer intern. Both of the interviewer are very nice and pleasant. Questions are very general. They will ask about yourself, your study, work history, why you are following your career and why you want to work for them. Prepare for few behavior questions, not too hard by the end of the interview and about 10 minutes for you to ask questions about the company and your position. Absolutely no technical questions which make me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a urgent situation when you need to finish work by early deadline!!   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

Informal. Basically, if you pass a drug test and have the favor of the current marketing rep, you get promoted.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

Got set up by a recruiting company for an interview. Basic interview questions like past experience and why would you be a good fit. Went through resume and a quick tour of work area. Got the offer almost 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation since this was a contract position

Site Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview took place at one of the retail sites out in Long Island with our Regional Director. Basic behavioral questions, was asked about previous experience geared towards retail and customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to go beyond the call of duty to satisfy a customer.   Answer Question

Team Lead Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

Initial phone interview, either by HR or hiring manager, 4-5 interviews in person, often on the same ay, 45 minutes each. Friendly, with respect and courtesy

Interview Questions
    • All questions are predictable, following the same corp protocol   Answer Question
    Negotiations plays a big role, if you are not desperate, besides salary there are other perks avalable

Senior Specialist EHS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview was with four staff members including project members outside if EHS. This was after getting through phase 1 with HR screening. A lot of info was provided about the organization if the company, which turned out to be moot since it is currently undergoing a reorg. Don't know if I will even have a job there next week.

Interview Questions
    • Asked some questions about exploration activities that I had to wing t because most of my experience has been in downstream and Hess is exiting the downstream business.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Offer was good and based on salary grade levels for the type of work I would be doing.

Electric Operations Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview took place through on campus reviewing for a summer internship in Retail Electric Operations. All fit questions, plus a few about why this company/why this position. Interview was with an HR employee (not someone in the division) I'm pretty certain their electric operations group is fairly new.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had difficulty organizing a group of people   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

Very informal with one hiring manager who made the decision immediately