Hess Corporation Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.7

Corporate Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hess Corporation (Woodbridge, NJ).

Interview

Two separate interviews first one with the HR associate and the second interview with the manager of that department. This position was located in NJ however there were a number of meetings held in the NYC offices as well.
    Note: extremely East coast dress code - any color shirt as long as it is white, and suits required.

Interview Questions

• Accounting experience working within the oil and gas industry.   Answer Question

Negotiation

as anticipated

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

First, walk through my resume and ask questions based on my experience. They interested in my experience related to oil project. Then, questions about your habits, what do you do in your spare time, etc.

Supply Chain Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was emailed by a recruiter about 4 months after I initially applied on the Hess website. No phone interview. The recruit immediately set up a face to face with the hiring managers. I interviewed with 3 managers at separate times in a 2 hour window. Each person was allotted ~30 minutes per the interview schedule. Most questions were pretty straight forward and were related mainly to my past experience. Not many of the usual behavioral questions. I was told to expect to hear something in 2-3 weeks. I'm still within that period so I don't have an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really tricky. I was surprised by the lack of difficult questions.   Answer Question

Senior IT Advisor - Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

The entire process was very thorough and professional. The HR / recruiter contact explained the process in advance. On the day of the interview, she also provided a full explanation of the benefits offered and some background information on each of the staff who conducted the interview The interviewers used the topgrading method as well as informal discussion. They allowed plenty of time for me to ask any questions as well. The interview lasted just over 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• With the topgrading method, a consistent question asked was "In what aspect of your job were you least successful?" for each prior job held.   Answer Question

Help Desk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

I was asked questions about my knowledge and advised about HESS culture and how this is culture is not for everyone with the professionalism. Hess is oil and gas so we need to be professional at all times as we do not know whom will be visiting and when.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever created an account in AD before   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

As a store Assistant Manager, I was taken out to lunch by a former Marketing Representative and offered the job and told what the schedule of events would be

Negotiation

Wasn't too much of a negotiation, having not had a salaried position before, I didn't know what else could be done. I was essentially told what my salary would be.

Human Resources Representation Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

Multiple face to face interviews with key team members and leaders. Casual, informative and impressive

Negotiation

Great offer, accepted immediately

Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

Phone interview followed by a day long in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were fairly easy.   1 Answer

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview

Hiring process was carried out through university recruiting. Consisted of applying for an interview and then a face to face interview with several company representatives.

Interview Questions

• How is your research relevant to petroleum exploration/petroleum industry?   Answer Question

Geoscience Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hess Corporation (Houston, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

Got an campus interview through department for summer intern. Both of the interviewer are very nice and pleasant. Questions are very general. They will ask about yourself, your study, work history, why you are following your career and why you want to work for them. Prepare for few behavior questions, not too hard by the end of the interview and about 10 minutes for you to ask questions about the company and your position. Absolutely no technical questions which make me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Describe a urgent situation when you need to finish work by early deadline!!   Answer Question