Hess Corporation

Updated Jan 20, 2015
Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.7

Electric Operations Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

Interview took place through on campus reviewing for a summer internship in Retail Electric Operations. All fit questions, plus a few about why this company/why this position. Interview was with an HR employee (not someone in the division) I'm pretty certain their electric operations group is fairly new.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time you had difficulty organizing a group of people   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

Very informal with one hiring manager who made the decision immediately

Supply Chain Associate Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hess Corporation in February 2013.

Supply Chain Career fair at campus. Lady from HR got in touch with me prior to this event and set up an interview with me, and invited me to greet them at the fair. Invited for dinner and 1st round of interview next day on campus. Mostly behavioral questions and questions about your resume and past experiences in work and school. Interview with two representatives from the supply chain field. Also questions like: why Hess?

Interview Questions
    • Marketing is essential, sale yourself. Why should we choose you over the other candidates?   Answer Question
    • How do you convince/sell others of something or a product?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hess Corporation.

I applied through their website, and had an interview with an HR Generalist and someone on the IT team, though if I were to be hired, I would be working for a different IT group. The HR interview was a typical interview, asking me to describe myself, etc., and the IT person was more of a technical interview - nothing too difficult. About 3 weeks later, I was contacted to have another interview, this time with two members of the IT group I would be working for. A combination of technical and general - nothing too bad.

Interview Questions
    No negotation - just an intern :)

Senior Manager of Performance Excellence Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hess Corporation in April 2012.

Process was expeditious and professional. Spoke with multiple team members and senior leadership. Interviews were largely one on one sessions with different team leads I would work with and support. Salary discussion and agreement through recruiter took most time and effort.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think the best next job in the organization might be after this one?   Answer Question
    Simlple and quick.

Piping Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minot, ND

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hess Corporation in March 2012.

initially I was quizzed on skills by a recruiting agency and was brought to the hiring managers attention, she then called me and was really selling the good conditions at their mancamp, comparing them very favorably to her experience with north slope camps such as I just came from the last 5 years. I was not selected because my expertise is with AutoPlant design software and not Cadworx, which indicates they must have had many other applicants with Cadworx training.

Interview Questions
    • describe your expertise in adapting to harsh climate conditions.   View Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hess Corporation in February 2012.

Interviewed with two different people- both from the department I was interviewing in (no HR interview). Very straightforward questions about my experience and background, my ability to do the job, etc. Very professional and nothing out of the ordinary. They also answered all of my questions about the position, Hess in general, and what would be required.

Interview Questions
    • Showed me some of the campaigns they were working on and asked for some feedback from me. Not very difficult, but did put me on the spot. However, I found this to be a great part of the interview as I was able to get a more in-depth look at what I could expect in this position.   Answer Question

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hess Corporation in November 2011.

The interview process for this position was split into two days. The first day was a one on one interview with an HR representative. The questions are primarily behavioral. Essentially, the representative wants to figure out how you'd fit in the company. The second day took place in the Hess building in Woodbridge, NJ. During the second day, all potential candidates are given an interview schedule including an overview of the company, scheduled time slots with industry experts, and a cocktail networking session. Decisions are made about two months after the second round of interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The interviews aren't very structured. The interviewers are primarily concerned with how your personality would fit in Hess's atmosphere.   Answer Question
    Salary and benefits are non negotiable.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hess Corporation in September 2011.

Two hour long interview, half an hour each with HR, a manager, and two others from the group. The next day I was asked to do a phone interview with the head supervisor. I was told that I would have an answer within 2-3 weeks and got an offer 1 week later. Seemed to me a wonderful company to be a part of. Everyone I interviewed with was very excited to work there and went into very detailed descriptions about the company, the actual group, and the job description. Everyone tried their best to make me feel at ease and were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions I was asked involved my prior experience at other oil and gas companies. Other than that I was asked questions about how I deal with certain situations like deadlines and little supervision.   Answer Question

Gas Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hess Corporation in September 2011.

The people when they interviewed me just seemed to not be ready. The general manager was training someone else to do the interviews so i was a test. They were asking me all sorts of behavioral questions which i answered right away. When completed i was told i would get a call back the following week, and after 2 0r 3 i just gave up and let it go. The number they have for the store is restricted so i could not reach them and was not going to just go into the store and ask. Oh well, i found a new job the next week and am very happy.