Hewitt Associates

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Benefits Service Manager Interview

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in August 2009.

Interview Details – My phone interview was with HR and in hindsight, I should have heeded the red flags. The interviewer asked the usual detailed questions about my background and experience. Toward the end of the interview, I was asked if I was willing to work 50 or more hours per week. I was stunned and I answered by saying that yes, if it's necessary due to a project or deadline but I wouldn't expect it to be the norm. When I asked the HR person what the normal work week looked like, she said 45 hours a week. It was a total lie. My average workweek was 60 hours per week. There were a few nights where I never left work and worked around the clock and finally went home at 5 am THE NEXT DAY. I slept until 9am and went back to work. It was THAT bad.

Interview Question – Describe a time when a client requested something you could not accomodate or deliver and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, but there wasn't much wiggle room.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Benefit Services Manager Interview

Benefit Services Manager
The Woodlands, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in March 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was very tedious, its all about thinking of specific examples of when you did something.. Always Keep in mind STARR - Situations, Tasks, Actions, Results, Reflection.. and you will do just fine. Give specific details. and walk them through your entire process.

Interview Question – What do you feel is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Hewitt still wants to work you to death and not pay for your efforts, asa former employee I know the politics involved, many of the people there are stuffy, and they preach about work/life balance but give you grief about time off. Like any other job its all about who you are connected with. If you are in the right circles things will be great for you, if not, you'll more than likely be miserable.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewitt Associates

Worked for Hewitt Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewitt Associates Benefit Services Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewitt Associates employees and interview candidates.