Hewitt Associates

Getting the Interview

79 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Trainer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Hewitt Associates.

Interview Details – The first interview was "Digital" lasting approximately 25 minutes and requiring you to have a web cam. It was extremely impersonal with absolutely no opportunity for clarification or feedback. On one hand, I found this to be convenient, as you could do it on your own time line, but on the other hand, I found it to be stressful as you had absolutely no way to "read" body language or interact with your interviewer; no personal communication. I also felt the company was being cheap by using this as a first pass.

Interview Question – There were really no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

LOA Intake Coordinator Interview

Interviewed at Hewitt Associates

Interview Details – I was interviewed initially via phone and then had an in-person interview. The interviewer gave a somewhat accurate picture of what the job would be like. They painted an unrealistic picture of advancement opportunities. I was contacted for an interview after posting my resume on CareerBuilder.com

Interview Question – How do I deal with problems.   Answer Question

Benefits Analyst Interview

Benefits Analyst

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Hewitt Associates.

Interview Details – I interviewed for this job in college. I went through about three rounds of interviews and was offered the job. I was shown all around the hewitt campus in Atlanta, etc only to have the job pulled a few weeks before I was to start. I was invited to interview for them a few years down the road and the same thing happened again. I would never entertain a job from this compay. Their HR department is obviously a mess.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here? Not really, I can't recall actually.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offered me a job, cancelled the job offer, but did give me some compensation for it.

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Senior Customer Service Representative
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in July 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was your standard type of interview. We went to one of the mini conference rooms to conduct the interview. I was interviewed by two people where as most were interviewed by one. The questions were the standard interview questions that everyone has been asked before. I was provided information and offered the job before leaving the interview. However, not all the details were revised about the position I would be starting for.

Interview Question – All questions were the standard "give me an example of a time.." Questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not negotiations made. The company has a set hourly rate given to all new employees.

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewitt Associates.

Interview Details – Recruiter called with position details.

Interview Question – No surprises. Just experience questions.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewitt Associates.

Interview Details – One phone screen with HR then one 1 hr onsite interview.

Interview Question – General HR Behavioral questions, relate answers to past work experience.   Answer Question

Technology Services Intern Interview

Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in May 2010.

Interview Details – Overall, the hiring process was great. Management was friendly and frank. The interview was relaxed but formal enough to know that the office was run well. I had an initial phone interview and then a follow up in person interview at the office in Lincolnshire. The questions were pretty basic and predictable.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty easy and expected.   Answer Question

Lead Systems Analyst Interview

Lead Systems Analyst
Lincolnshire, IL

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in August 2011.

Interview Details – The entrance interview is behavioral. Promotions are handed out after you have been doing the work in the role you are promoted into. Teamwork, able to work under pressure, and issues with other employees should be done directly and professionally.

Interview Question – You will already have the necessary answers by the time the interview takes place. There really aren't any tough questions unless you haven't been doing what is expected of you. The key is to answer quickly with confidence.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pay is non negotiable. Paid Time Off and a Flex Schedule are your best options if they are willing to negotiate. Their first answer will always be no. Persistence pays off, as long as you project confidence.

Actuarial Student Interview

Actuarial Student
The Woodlands, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in May 2011.

Interview Details – HR is kinda difficult to follow; I had to "pardon" a few times to get to hear what she said. HM sounds like they know what they are doing; one of who is not actuary. They all seem interested in you and your background, ask a fair amount of questions, most of which are behavior questions that start with "tell me...". I don;t recall any technical questions; Was told that excel/assess are extensively used. Office location is nice, surrounding neighborhood is quiet and traffic-free (seems like).

Interview Questions

Benefits Operations Administrator Interview

Benefits Operations Administrator
Orlando, FL

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewitt Associates in January 2012.

Interview Details – I found the job through careerbuilder.com. Sent resume/cover letter and followed up. Huge delay due to the holidays. After christmas/new years, I was selected by recruiter for an 1-to-1 phone interview for 30 min. Asked 2 behavorial questions and she liked the response she stoped and set up the actual face to face. I met with one manager and another over the phone via conference call. They drilled down on my experiences and try to be as thorough and walk them through the process on how you came to a problem, what steps you took to analyze and then overcome.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to motivate someone either internal or external to accomplish a team goal and what steps did you take to achieve it?   Answer Question
  • When faced with many different tasks with various deadlines, how do you proceed to navigate through it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate since I had a pre-existing offer from one of the top 4 banks. I was able to get them to offer 7.5% increase over base.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewitt Associates

Worked for Hewitt Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewitt Associates interview questions and advice. All 79 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewitt Associates employees and interview candidates.